Wanna get 300 hp. Suggestions?

Nevyn04

Glad to hear I don't need to worry about close gears. But will a stage 3 clutch be good for daily driving? I was told stage 2 was most you wanna do for street use.

Trekk

Registered VIP
If you get an unsprung clutch, that is when its annoying as a daily driver.

jhar_EK

word
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check out clutchmaters.....they make a full disc stage 4 i think...a little better on the dd side of driveability than a 3 puck or 6 puck

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
Glad to hear I don't need to worry about close gears. But will a stage 3 clutch be good for daily driving? I was told stage 2 was most you wanna do for street use.
I dialy drove my exeddy 3 puck just feather it out u will learn

Sent from tapataalllkk

Nevyn04

Ok. So I found an OBX LSD for almost 500 bucks. Seems they are between 500-1000 dollars. Also looking at clutchmasters FX300 clutch. It's not a full disk clutch. But it is sprung.

Suggestions on cams? Or tips selcting cams? Do I need longer ehaust duration than intake for boosted engine?

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok. So I found an OBX LSD for almost 500 bucks. Seems they are between 500-1000 dollars. Also looking at clutchmasters FX300 clutch. It's not a full disk clutch. But it is sprung.

Suggestions on cams? Or tips selcting cams? Do I need longer ehaust duration than intake for boosted engine?
I personally don't trust OBX. I'd go with a Quaiffe LSD. It's a bit pricier, but you'll be happier in the end. If you're going to boost, you could save yourself some cash by picking up an LS trans (if you're B-Series that is), rebuilding it, and fitting it with a Quaiffe. The gears are naturally a bit longer, and fifth has a nice final drive ratio that is good for DD. As far as clutches, never used Clutchmasters. I had an Exedy Stage 2 Ceramitallic clutch, and a 8.5lb flywheel for DD, and it was kinda stiff, but easy to get used to. It killed in stop and go traffic, but damn did that clutch grab like Bruce Lee haha. I wouldn't recommend a lightened flywheel. Just have the stock flywheel knife-edged and polished. The added weight will help you control throttle response when driving around town and wanting to lay low. Damn car would boost hard all the time with that flywheel haha.

As far as cams, yes you'll want cams with a longer exhaust duration. The longer the exhaust lobes, the better response you'll get (i.e. minimize turbo lag). I hope I worded that right haha.

Nevyn04

Ok. So trying to identify my SC and determine stock boost and CFM and this is what I found.

[/IMG]

So does that mean this is a magnuson SC with a Jackson Racing intake manifold? Can't find info anywhere.

Also, would the longer exhaust be good for a SC? No boost lag to worry about right?

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok. So trying to identify my SC and determine stock boost and CFM and this is what I found.

[/IMG]

So does that mean this is a magnuson SC with a Jackson Racing intake manifold? Can't find info anywhere.

Also, would the longer exhaust be good for a SC? No boost lag to worry about right?
I'm dumb, and obviously didn't read enough of your post lol. I didn't notice you were SC'd.

I can't tell from that pic what I'm looking at. I'd assume that is the top-backside of your SC or something.

As far as cams, yeah you don't have to worry about boost lag. I'm not really experienced with building for SC in all honesty.

Nevyn04

Lol. That is the top backside of the sc. Those are the only identifying marks on it other than the intake manifold which clearly says jackson racing. The closest jackson racing sc I found that resembles mine is th M62. But why does it say magnuson on the sc with a barcode. Can't find much info on it. Possibly because its outdated?

Trekk

Registered VIP
Magnuson pretty much makes most of the superchargers. People just have a kit made up and slap their name on it. You need to find out what size pulley is on it or just add a boost gauge if you don't have one. Stock is like 5-6psi.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a used quaife LSD if you're interested...

Nevyn04

I don't have a boost guage though i would like to get one installed. I can check the size of the pulley but in earlier posts I was told CFM is what i need to worry about and not PSI. I know I can buy a smaller pulley to increase PSI but this will only work to a certain extent. By comparing pictures of common SC's it looks like an Eaton M62. Though can't be 100% sure.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it makes 52HP and 40TQ on the stock numbers...

you will want to go turbo if you are looking for 300HP daily setup

Nevyn04

Can I get a smaller pulley and bump that number up a bit? And if I increase compression? Maybe get 70 hp out of it?

Nevyn04

Found a set of Wiseco pistons and eagle rods with ARP crank bolts for $800. This will increase compression to 11.5:1 from 10:1. With a smaller pulley puttin my SC at 10 psi and a proper tune wouldn't this push my power up a pretty good deal?

Nevyn04

Ok. Did a lot of research on increasing compression while under boost and it doesn't seem like that good of an idea. So i'm juggling the turbo idea. The Speed shop in my town offers an STS turbo system installed for $6595. Is this a good price for a full set up installed?

ZeroMech63

$6500 for 300HP??? Hell no... I cant see more then 4k n thats with a new oil n water pump tune n on the street