Wanna get 300 hp. Suggestions?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok. Did a lot of research on increasing compression while under boost and it doesn't seem like that good of an idea. So i'm juggling the turbo idea. The Speed shop in my town offers an STS turbo system installed for $6595. Is this a good price for a full set up installed?
what does this all include? what parts? how much labor? does this include a standalone ecu? does it include tuning?

ZeroMech63

U wont make that budget wit a stand alone but i was talking about with a Hondata S300(piggy back). Its a rough estimate but i spent $6500 and that was with a bore an honed block, forged internals, ebay kit w/ replace major components like turbo, wastegate n blowoff valve, injectors, fuel pump, new oem water n oil pump, full 3"in from dp to muffler, MFactory LSD, gauges, Stage4 Comp clutch n flywheel prob forgeting a thing or two but yea... After all said n done i was making 374whp @ 12lbs

Nevyn04

what does this all include? what parts? how much labor? does this include a standalone ecu? does it include tuning?
Not sure if includes tuning. It says fully installed on the website so i would guess tuning goes hand in hand with installing turbo.

Was told that as far as Cams go I should stick with stock.

How about adding water methanol injection? Is this a good daily driver mod or more for track cars?

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
Not sure if includes tuning. It says fully installed on the website so i would guess tuning goes hand in hand with installing turbo.

Was told that as far as Cams go I should stick with stock.

How about adding water methanol injection? Is this a good daily driver mod or more for track cars?
To much hassle, just use e85

Sent from tapataalllkk

Trekk

Registered VIP

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To much hassle, just use e85

Sent from tapataalllkk
some people dont have an E85 station near by.

I wasnt aware STS made kits for a civic. However it's top notcih stuff so you will pay $$$$ for it.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/sts-turbo-m-518.html#/2000_Honda_Civic_procharger-high-output-intercooled-supercharger-honda-civic-si-16l-dohc-9900-p-5620.html

Procharger! Says it can support up to 675hp, so 300 should be easy.

If I were you I'd try to call Mag and see if they can tell you what kind of power you can get out of that supercharger.
the new rotex superchargers are awesome.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
------delete
For future reference, you can delete your own posts. Click edit - delete - select "delete message" then click the delete message button.

CO671

Registered VIP
For future reference, you can delete your own posts. Click edit - delete - select "delete message" then click the delete message button.
I'm aware of that, done it before but this time. I can't see it

Nevyn04

Unfortunately thats not available in my area. Wouldn"t I also need to modify the car to run on that even if it were available?

Nevyn04

I wasnt aware STS made kits for a civic. However it's top notcih stuff so you will pay $$$$ for it.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/sts-turbo-m-518.html#/2000_Honda_Civic_procharger-high-output-intercooled-supercharger-honda-civic-si-16l-dohc-9900-p-5620.html

Procharger! Says it can support up to 675hp, so 300 should be easy.

If I were you I'd try to call Mag and see if they can tell you what kind of power you can get out of that supercharger.
I'm not sure they do, but my speed shop says any vehicle. So maybe they make a universal kit. I may have to call them.

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
Making power isnt always about pushing boost ur motor can prolly only handle 12 pounds

Sent from tapataalllkk

Trekk

Registered VIP
An average turbo kit cost around 4-5k, so if you are looking at a $500 kit, you will be in for some troubles, and spending lots of money to fix it and get it to fit, and run right.

Nevyn04

Ok, this is what I'm thinking about doing.

Forged pistons and rods that put compression at 11:1. Stock cams with aftermarket adjustable cam gears, a 2.7" supercharger pulley which should push my boost up to 10psi. New head gasket and ARP bolts. Mishimoto intercooler. Water/methanol injection. Underdrive pulley. Sprung stage 3 clutch. And 8lbs flywheel. Obviously installed and tuned by my local speedshop. Does that sound like a good setup?