What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Define "for a while..."
Lol well not THAT long. Maybe a month? When it first started rolling out, I took the liberty to update company wide.. mainly because I had already gotten the beta emails that clarified bug fixes with driver signing issues (something we experienced). It's still a kind of poopy OS, but it's a bit more functional now.

Soooo my buddy was selling his 04 R6 with 19k on it for $3800. Needs a chain and sprocket, and it's been tipped over once and that's why it's a non-factory color. I told him I would let him know since I didn't have that to spend at the moment. He just texted me today and said he would take $3000 for the bike. Which I do have. The only thing is that I feel bad that I would buy a bike around Christmas time (even though when I get paid on the 15th I can get my Christmas list done) but I just feel like it's selfish almost. But this is SUCH a good deal (if it rides as nice as I think).

Here's a picture. Thoughts?

View attachment 24496
So long as it doesn't ride like s**t (why do I get the feeling it will?), and it's mechanically sound, go for it! If it even so much as shimmies past 65, drop the price $500 though.

Saw Every Time I Die, letlive., and Code Orange Kids last night in Anaheim. Lot of fun, but I didn't get home until almost 1am, so getting up this morning was a b***h lol. WELL worth it, though. Like 11th time seeing Every Time I Die, probably 9th or so time seeing letlive. Both bands kill it live.
Much needed haircut tomorrow (chopping this s**t way down), then The Bruery with the boys. Not sure after that.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mmmmm S4! :D
I already have an s4 though so kinda want something different but I love a b5 s4 or am a6 which is the same thing

also looking at a4s for the better mpg

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I already have an s4 though so kinda want something different but I love a b5 s4 or am a6 which is the same thing

also looking at a4s for the better mpg
I don't know why you'd get the same car in a different year haha. I'm eyeballing some S14's right now.. may build an S14 RB25DET. I have that itch to make s**t go fast again :drive: :smileyR:
Will just depend on finances, whether I'll have time etc. But yeah. I need a project. Maybe a turbo K20 EJ8 or DC that I can slowly build.. just don't want FWD anymore.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know why you'd get the same car in a different year haha. I'm eyeballing some S14's right now.. may build an S14 RB25DET. I have that itch to make s**t go fast again :drive: :smileyR:
Will just depend on finances, whether I'll have time etc. But yeah. I need a project. Maybe a turbo K20 EJ8 or DC that I can slowly build.. just don't want FWD anymore.
well awd options in price range I want are limited and b5 and b7 are two different ball games. if I find an xi that I like i might go that route, also debating automatic

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if it checks out mechanically you can go for it. but 800$ price drop right away. maybe ) get a better deal.

if it rides good and after you inspect it it's still good then it looks like a nice deal as long as you have space to store it and it's not too expensive to insure. that's always an expense you need to consider.

can't believe he hangs his helmet up like that. deforming the inside foam and potentially asking for spiders to make nest in it.
I have a place to store it. I probably won't ride it for a month or so because we have a really cold front coming through. Lots of ice. Also I can replace the chain and sprocket at that time.

And yeah, I always bring my helmet inside. In it's bag :lol:

So long as it doesn't ride like s*** (why do I get the feeling it will?), and it's mechanically sound, go for it! If it even so much as shimmies past 65, drop the price $500 though.
That's why I'm having my uncle ride it as well. I'm not in a hurry to buy a bike right now (as much as I want one). But it's getting way too cold, despite how little rain we've gotten so far.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well awd options in price range I want are limited and b5 and b7 are two different ball games. if I find an xi that I like i might go that route, also debating automatic
AWD/Quattro would definitely be acceptable, but man, you got balls modding an Audi. They are too expensive to make a project car out of (even the older ones). I would love to do an AWD RB26DETT S14/15, but that's some moolah.. I did, however, find a thread about some dude doing the whole thing for $7k, not including the rolling shell. I would be all sorts of down for that...

I have a place to store it. I probably won't ride it for a month or so because we have a really cold front coming through. Lots of ice. Also I can replace the chain and sprocket at that time.

And yeah, I always bring my helmet inside. In it's bag :lol:

That's why I'm having my uncle ride it as well. I'm not in a hurry to buy a bike right now (as much as I want one). But it's getting way too cold, despite how little rain we've gotten so far.
All of my buddies up there that had bikes sold them because of the impracticality of the weather.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paul Walker meet tomorrow in IL 2500+ Cars

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AWD/Quattro would definitely be acceptable, but man, you got balls modding an Audi. They are too expensive to make a project car out of (even the older ones). I would love to do an AWD RB26DETT S14/15, but that's some moolah.. I did, however, find a thread about some dude doing the whole thing for $7k, not including the rolling shell. I would be all sorts of down for that...

All of my buddies up there that had bikes sold them because of the impracticality of the weather.
gotta remember the scene I've grown up around is building vw/Audi. I was the only one with a honda. I know it's expensive but that life. grown man toys come with grow man prices

I also work more than most, and make more than most so might as well make it worth it. I have no life outside of work

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gotta remember the scene I've grown up around is building vw/Audi. I was the only one with a honda. I know it's expensive but that life. grown man toys come with grow man prices

I also work more than most, and make more than most so might as well make it worth it. I have no life outside of work
This is true. If you have the income, might as well do it. That being said, I make more than most, and I still wouldn't do it :lol:

I'm also not comfortable with VW/Audi/Euro cars when it comes to heavy modding, so yeah haha. If you are, I'm sure it's an entirely different ballpark.

Well I just bought all 6 F&F movies on Blu-Ray... :lol:
I kinda want to watch FF1 in his honor..

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I just bought all 6 F&F movies on Blu-Ray... :lol:
lol I read this as I was in best but and decided to do the same! good call

also bought my mom a roomba while I was there

Last edited:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is true. If you have the income, might as well do it. That being said, I make more than most, and I still wouldn't do it :lol:

I'm also not comfortable with VW/Audi/Euro cars when it comes to heavy modding, so yeah haha. If you are, I'm sure it's an entirely different ballpark.

I kinda want to watch FF1 in his honor..
yeah I feel 100 percent comfortable, I've helped build plenty of big turbo vws, shaved bays and all. but i feel completely comfortable working on any vehicle out there, they are really all the same with minor changes. but I also have a degree in automotive and worked on sorts of stuff

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm going to one tomorrow near Philly.

So looks like in going to court over my exhaust.. Absolutely not what I needed right before finals week and when I have no money at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7
my court date I got soon a possible and it's in January, your going already? don't stress it, not a big deal

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my court date I got soon a possible and it's in January, your going already? don't stress it, not a big deal
I got the letter for it. I am waiting for my dad to get home to figure out what's going on. Such a Halle for nothing. He singled me out and should've just gave me a fix it. That's what I got before. $25 fine and $99 court fees. Do I look like I can afford s**t?

Sent from my Nexus 7

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Buying a car tomorrow, the civic's fuel and brake lines are toast.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i thought my North Dakota trips were over. Turns out i was wrong.

Its gonna be cold as f**k up there.