What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stats out around 35-40k. The armored truck that is. The high value stuff pays close to 100k from what I understand. We haven't talked numbers on that particular job because that's not what's being offered to me at this moment.

The hard part is that I believe that I would LOVE where this path would take me, but there would be some obvious sacrifices starting out with the initial switch. Lots of complaints about the armored truck industry.
The grass is never greener on the other side. Idk if i would give up what youre doing now. Seems like a decent job and i havent heard you complain yet.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The grass is never greener on the other side. Idk if i would give up what youre doing now. Seems like a decent job and i havent heard you complain yet.
That's the problem. I love the stability that my job offers. Set schedule, same amount of hours every paycheck unless I want to pick up some more overtime. Soon to be great benefits.

But I know that I won't be able to do what I'm doing now for the rest of my life. It's a great job but the schedule is too conflicting. We switch every four weeks from days to nights. When I'm on nights it's a lot harder to do just about everything because I'm asleep during the typical 9-5 business hours. As well as once my fiancé goes back to work, there will be a great deal of conflict there since we would be on opposite sleeping schedules for weeks at a time.

It works for now, but I know I'll have to make a change one day. My thinking is that every time I switch fields I have to start at the bottom. It's more pressure to get in line to what I'll be doing for a career. I just don't like wasting time.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's the problem. I love the stability that my job offers. Set schedule, same amount of hours every paycheck unless I want to pick up some more overtime. Soon to be great benefits.

But I know that I won't be able to do what I'm doing now for the rest of my life. It's a great job but the schedule is too conflicting. We switch every four weeks from days to nights. When I'm on nights it's a lot harder to do just about everything because I'm asleep during the typical 9-5 business hours. As well as once my fiancé goes back to work, there will be a great deal of conflict there since we would be on opposite sleeping schedules for weeks at a time.

It works for now, but I know I'll have to make a change one day. My thinking is that every time I switch fields I have to start at the bottom. It's more pressure to get in line to what I'll be doing for a career. I just don't like wasting time.
Youre preaching to the choir on this one. I think you will regret quitting.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Youre preaching to the choir on this one. I think you will regret quitting.
:(

In the short term, definitelty. I'd be kicking myself the whole time. But this is the necessary step if I want to get into the big league security work, which I could almost guarantee you that I would enjoy more.

I'm trying to think long term and compare where this job would take me, to where that one would take me.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

In the short term, definitelty. I'd be kicking myself the whole time. But this is the necessary step if I want to get into the big league security work, which I could almost guarantee you that I would enjoy more.

I'm trying to think long term and compare where this job would take me, to where that one would take me.
Gotta do what u gotta do homie

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Life my friend. Life.
Tell me what to do, Chris! [emoji38]

Oh yeah, bought a plate carrier, marine kevlar helmet, and an m40 gas mask from a friend. Too good of a deal to pass up.

Proceeded to play dress up.

Can't post a pic here because it says the file is too big. May upload it somewhere and then post it here.

Edit: got it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
+1 million to the grass is never greener on the other side. You like your job now and I haven't ever really heard anyone in the security business that actually likes what they are doing. Most just like the pay. I have known guys that work fields like that and kill to go back to school to get a degree and bail to another career.

@Esotericimage : Found this while researching something for school about the question you asked concerning paying with cash and stores/businesses not accepting.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/Currency/Pages/legal-tender.aspx

Cliffs:

...Coinage Act of 1965, specifically Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," which states: "United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues."

This statute means that all United States money as identified above are a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor. There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as for payment for goods and/or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether or not to accept cash unless there is a State law which says otherwise. For example, a bus line may prohibit payment of fares in pennies or dollar bills. In addition, movie theaters, convenience stores and gas stations may refuse to accept large denomination currency (usually notes above $20) as a matter of policy.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Do you have the opportunity / availability to do it part time to see how you would like it?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Picking up the slack after losing a father really takes a toll on me.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You know we're all here for you man.
I'm just tired. Like emotionally and physically tired. I graduated from college, and all I do anymore is work for 9 hours, come home, and work more. I rarely see my friends, and barely do anything for myself. There's so much work that needs to be done around the house and the yard and the pool and I miss tackling these projects with my dad. I'm doing it mostly by myself now. My mom tries to help the best she can, but her legs don't move very well so she does what she can and I appreciate that. I don't mind working, but it's draining me out. I really need a vacation. Some kind of getaway.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just tired. Like emotionally and physically tired. I graduated from college, and all I do anymore is work for 9 hours, come home, and work more. I rarely see my friends, and barely do anything for myself. There's so much work that needs to be done around the house and the yard and the pool and I miss tackling these projects with my dad. I'm doing it mostly by myself now. My mom tries to help the best she can, but her legs don't move very well so she does what she can and I appreciate that. I don't mind working, but it's draining me out. I really need a vacation. Some kind of getaway.
I can only imagine, but you know he'd be proud of you for stepping up to the plate. I remember you saying something before about how your brother doesn't help out like he should. Take pride in knowing that you haven't ran from responsibility and that you're doing what it takes to step up and be a MAN and taking care of your family. You will always have that in life, and that's something that no one can take away from you. I know it's been a huge change and it's never going to be like it was but unfortunately this is the hand that you've been dealt.

I personally think you're doing a great job.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can only imagine, but you know he'd be proud of you for stepping up to the plate. I remember you saying something before about how your brother doesn't help out like he should. Take pride in knowing that you haven't ran from responsibility and that you're doing what it takes to step up and be a MAN and taking care of your family. You will always have that in life, and that's something that no one can take away from you. I know it's been a huge change and it's never going to be like it was but unfortunately this is the hand that you've been dealt.

I personally think you're doing a great job.
Thank you, Nick, that means a lot to me.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Everyday my service manager shows how much of a douchebag he is. Yesterday a friend put his two weeks in. Today, the service manager fired him.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow he sounds like a complete a*****e. He will get his one day though...