What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is all stuff that I've already read up on. My mom owns a BMW, and I've been experienced with upkeep on that. It's really not that bad, and as you stated, you just have to service things when they say you do. Hers has 210k miles on it, and runs great.
Thank you for the info, though! Reaffirms me on wanting one.
No problem. If you ever need anything just ask. I may have stepped up to Porsche, but I am still certified in Audi and can still get the parts as Audi is our sister store and is one building over in the complex.

TokyoSkies said:
VW and Audi may be manufactured by the same company, but they are NOT the same. That's like claiming a Lexus' are pieces of s*** because Scions are :lol:
True for the most part. :lol: Audi is a higher end VW just as Lexus is a higher end Toyota or Acura is a higher end Honda. Audi and VW us the same parts for a lot of the stuff and most of the numbers are able to cross over. Especially engine parts. Goes the same for the VW Tourag, Audi Q5, and the Porsche V6 Cayenne. When customers call with a part number off a Cayenne piece, it is usually a VW number and needs crossed over.

TokyoSkies said:
The belts don't usually need replacing until 30-50k, so that's fine. I don't mind the extra expenses, it comes with the territory of owning a European vehicle.
I would have to look, but I think timing belt on the 2.0T B7 A4 is 75k?

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No problem. If you ever need anything just ask. I may have stepped up to Porsche, but I am still certified in Audi and can still get the parts as Audi is our sister store and is one building over in the complex.

True for the most part. :lol: Audi is a higher end VW just as Lexus is a higher end Toyota or Acura is a higher end Honda. Audi and VW us the same parts for a lot of the stuff and most of the numbers are able to cross over. Especially engine parts. Goes the same for the VW Tourag, Audi Q5, and the Porsche V6 Cayenne. When customers call with a part number off a Cayenne piece, it is usually a VW number and needs crossed over.

I would have to look, but I think timing belt on the 2.0T B7 A4 is 75k?
Thanks man, much appreciated!

Yeah, I know they share a lot of parts, this is true.

75k sounds about right! I knew it was quite a while, anyway.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only 45 minutes to work today =) and I get paid today! 10 hours of OT.... yessssss

Might be going climbing with the boyfriend (that's his hobby) but I'm not sure, he's being a grump today.

Hmm, seems to be a pattern here.
:oops: I don't remeber what I said!!

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sweet. Boss is already in a pissy mood because one of our sales reps didn't communicate to her, and it's somehow MY fault. Stupid.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Busy but great day at the office. Payday, but it's gone already to rent and Sidney's unexepted surgery, AGAIN. 2nd one in 10 months.
I'm carless today again, BF took me since he's off today and he's tearing apart my car again. We made progress, it's running, barely. Snagged a few new parts on Monday, hopefully it'll do the trick.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Just got done diagnosing and fixing a starting problem on a 97 Audi Cabriolet. I kicked my own ass because I skipped a step when diagnosing. I got it tho n my brother is happy. It was a blown fuse :(

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Knocked phone into a bucket of sauce, now headphone jack thinks I constantly have a set plugged in. Fack.

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Going to replace the radiator on my mom's altima soon. Noticed yesterday that I need new tires sooner than I expected.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Worked this morning. Having lunch at Chilis with a guy from work. Tired but gonna clock out after lunch and get in the garage.

Ce la vie. It is what it is. Story of my life...

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Set up my appointment for the car next week. Got a full week of work next week. Finally.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Set up my appointment for the car next week. Got a full week of work next week. Finally.

I thought you were gonna do it yourself since napa could press the hub for you?
O_o

Why waste money man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought you were gonna do it yourself since napa could press the hub for you?
O_o

Why waste money man?

No time, I work everyday and I'll have no other car to take the spindle to get it out because my dad works.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...it's a wheel bearing? Not like the car can't be driven until you get time to fix it. Why not wait until your next day off and get a friend to run you to napa so you can save a few hundred bucks?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...it's a wheel bearing? Not like the car can't be driven until you get time to fix it. Why not wait until your next day off and get a friend to run you to napa so you can save a few hundred bucks?

My neck day off is wednesday, and my friends don't drive or are always busy. Plus, I trust these guys. They're sort of a family friend with my dad.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been driving on a bad wheel bearing for a year....it's OK to drive it. :lol:

Sleeper EG8

Android Powered!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Vacuumed out my car, fixed the front lip and put the Gsr rear seats back in.

Sent From My Rooted SG3

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally got the pictures back from the photoshoot I'll upload some later, and I'll get more pics of the new wheels in.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got a gallon of primer for my car durning lunch break today =)