What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got a gallon of primer for my car durning lunch break today =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My brother-in-law (who is an insanely good body guy) wants to primer my whole car soon, and we may just paint it in his booth. He's seriously really, really good, and I didn't even know it. You going to paint yours yourself?

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My brother-in-law (who is an insanely good body guy) wants to primer my whole car soon, and we may just paint it in his booth. He's seriously really, really good, and I didn't even know it. You going to paint yours yourself?
My father in law has been a body man his whole life, I've been doing my own bodywork on this car and just get him to give me some pointers along the way. He's coming to help tomorrow to finish all the bodywork and hopefully get it primed. Doing the bodywork and primer in my own garage, then bringing it to his shop to paint it in the booth. I will probably let him shoot it lol

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
getting all our stuff ready for the lake tomorrow, me and my gf and her daughter are going down to the lake and swim, and grill out and s**t. gonna be funnnnn

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My father in law has been a body man his whole life, I've been doing my own bodywork on this car and just get him to give me some pointers along the way. He's coming to help tomorrow to finish all the bodywork and hopefully get it primed. Doing the bodywork and primer in my own garage, then bringing it to his shop to paint it in the booth. I will probably let him shoot it lol

Nice!!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Omg that sounds so fun.

I want to ride the CB to work SO f**king BAD tomorrow. But I couldn't get tabs and a new helmet in time :(

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally have the Jetta sorted I think. Just have to bleed the clutch and it should be good.

Love getting paid, to see that almost every dollar is spoken for...then come home to nearly no food. Time for a second job thanks to summer hour cutback

If I could afford it I would dress like Michael westen from burn notice. Don't know if I could pull it off though.

Nevermind the country one.

Just grab some slacks and stock up on nice/cheap shirts. Add a flippy belt, done.

And they need to hurry and bring that show back. Stopped by their production holding area while at home and didnt seem like much was goin on

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
Just got off work waiting for my friends to gef off so we can finish some incredible hulk from yesterday.
Not too sure how late to the party i am but honda is making a v8??

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Nevermind the country one.

Just grab some slacks and stock up on nice/cheap shirts. Add a flippy belt, done.

And they need to hurry and bring that show back. Stopped by their production holding area while at home and didnt seem like much was goin on
Best show ever! I've seen every single episode from the very first one! My absolute favorite show. Comes back for the final season June 6th. :'(

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I don't drink anymore n I get a call from my boy saying he needs me at the bar now. I show up n he's being jumped. Now those 4 dudes are on there way to the hospital ;)

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been driving on a bad wheel bearing for a year....it's OK to drive it. :lol:
It's not that i cant drive it, but the noise is really annoying and I can't drive this thing over 50 mph without it vibrating violently.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't drink anymore n I get a call from my boy saying he needs me at the bar now. I show up n he's being jumped. Now those 4 dudes are on there way to the hospital ;)

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
Fighting is for losers. Be the intelligent man and never get involved, aka be above a nd ignore it.

It's not that i cant drive it, but the noise is really annoying and I can't drive this thing over 50 mph without it vibrating violently.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Damn.....my car doesn't shake at all snd I've been driving on it all this time. Lol

We're trying to survive the 2nd wave of nasty storms pummeling us. Already had 1 tornado, flooding like crazy. The Mississippi hasn't been this his since 1995 the news was saying. I'm just glad it's not near 1993's stage.

Sent from my Note 2

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Stuffin my face with a stuffed crust pizza, 2ltr coke, and watching Hot Rod

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Making a pick a part trip tomorrow to snag some misc. pieces for the coupe tomorrow morning. Hoping I can find a donor car with the sideskirts on/in tact. I need to pick up an EM1 rear disk setup. My rear drums are shot, and I don't want to pay to fix them, as they're fug nasty

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From what i heard all said and done its like 2k because the hafta drop the motor and everything to do it
Drop the engine to do a timing belt? Not unless you want to spend a lot of extra time for nothing. Never seen one of the guys drop an Audi engine unless they are putting in a new one.

$2k estimate would put the job (with parts) at 11 plus hours. That seems a bit high to me. I don't think it takes them more than an 8 hour day to finish. Unless it is one of the new guys and it's their first time.

Last edited: