What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Went out and made an impulse buy to replace my broken dremel.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went to STM Dyno Day last night.
https://www.facebook.com/events/207485662959219

Probably one of the largest car shows I've been to. Nothing like hearing a 500hp RX-7 scream on the dyno.

And of course, the one car to blow up on the dyno was none other than a Mustang. :rolf: It had a nitrous issue... pop went the manifold

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aye... fatal motorcycle accident just down the road from me today. Not official but word is bike tried beating a car who just got green arrow, didn't make it... they were on bridge overpass and he flew off and landed on the highway below.

More positive note, car show today. Saw a handful of nice cars, a Maserati with license plate "NODEGREE", and a billion cops. Heard they were cracking down hard on tint and bullshit. Rolled in windows down, saw 3 cruisers on the side of the road waiting. Get further a head, car pulled over for tint. Get a little further ahead again, some stancefag was pulled over for being a stancefag.... he blew a tire (what a surprise). I wish it were possible for them to crack down on the assholes who come in blaring music and revving their cars instead of bullshit like window tint lol.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aye... fatal motorcycle accident just down the road from me today. Not official but word is bike tried beating a car who just got green arrow, didn't make it... they were on bridge overpass and he flew off and landed on the highway below.

More positive note, car show today. Saw a handful of nice cars, a Maserati with license plate "NODEGREE", and a billion cops. Heard they were cracking down hard on tint and bullshit. Rolled in windows down, saw 3 cruisers on the side of the road waiting. Get further a head, car pulled over for tint. Get a little further ahead again, some stancefag was pulled over for being a stancefag.... he blew a tire (what a surprise). I wish it were possible for them to crack down on the assholes who come in blaring music and revving their cars instead of bullshit like window tint lol.
Honestly I think window tint shouldn't be illegal unless it's like 20% or less. Tint laws are stupid. I burn easily, and my eyes suck in the sunlight, so tinting actually has its benefits for me.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can get a prescription or something similar for it, at least I believe that's a thing in FL.

Then again they don't really care about my 3% tint or anyone else's for that matter

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honestly I think window tint shouldn't be illegal unless it's like 20% or less. Tint laws are stupid. I burn easily, and my eyes suck in the sunlight, so tinting actually has its benefits for me.

Agreed. I have 20 all around... legal limit is 70% here in NY for the side windows... that's essentially no tint at all. The back windshield can be as dark as you want it, though. :roll:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Agreed. I have 20 all around... legal limit is 70% here in NY for the side windows... that's essentially no tint at all. The back windshield can be as dark as you want it, though. :roll:
Yeah 70% is basically factory window tint.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car cranked up this morning only to die ten seconds later in the driveway. Won't crank now.

Car has fuel, fuel pump primes. Gonna check spark here in a minute. Then break out the multimeter... yayyyyy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's the limit on a double post? 9 hours..

Anyways, I'm not getting enough fuel pressure. Has spark, starts and runs on starter fluid but dies out as soon as you stop spraying.

Gonna borrow a fuel pressure gauge from a friend sometime this weekend. Looking like it's either the pressure regulator or the fuel pump itself.

Really hoping it's not the fuel pump..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So many things for the Si need to be ordered, but I have to be an adult and do other things first.

jackdog1

So today I found out what the back of my Accord will look like if I drop it 2" with coilovers. When my mom had me go pickup "some rocks" I wasn't expecting an 800lb trunkload of rocks. Probably a good thing they didn't try to use their '04 civic lx to haul it all. 2016-06-04 14.17.00.jpg

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Just finished cleaning and waxing the trans am, Hand washed it 2 times, Then used pre-wax cleaner, cleaned with detailing spray, then layed down the wax, cleaned with detailing spray again, then cleaned with detailing spray again.

Ignore the big ole dent in the right quarter panel, I acquired it about a week ago, a tree branch fell on it. Insurance will cover it though