What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear that. All I do anymore is work. I get up in the morning, go to work, come home, do some things around the house like lay more concrete down on the steps, get the pool ready, lawn care, etc, and then i go to bed lol. Also been trying to help my mom pay the mortgage so we can keep our house. Getting difficult when over half your check goes to bills every pay. I usually end up with $100 leftover for myself. Haven't bought anything for the Si lately except flashpro.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
refurbed the headlights on the sol and installed an oem eg lip.

jackdog1

Well, I take back some of the good things I said about the dealership my parents and I use. They did some sweet work on the rear brakes on my old '97 EX, but have dropped the ball on normal maintenance for my parent's 04 LX. I was giving their car a once-over after re-charging the refrigerant, and noticed that the coolant reservoir was bone-dry, the ps fluid was low, and the one ps reservoir hose had a slight leak. The car was just "inspected" a couple weeks ago.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went to a country music festival over the weekend. It was a blast despite some friends bailing. It was in the Catskill Mtns, basically bumfuck NY.

Car turned 160k on the way back to Rochester yesterday. Gave her a wash this afternoon:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Si is still in the body shop. Sent it in last Monday to get the roof repainted under the recall. It's nice being an employee of a dealership except when you actually need to get something done to your own personal car. Oh well.

They gave me a new loaner too.
2016 HR-V

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear that. All I do anymore is work. I get up in the morning, go to work, come home, do some things around the house like lay more concrete down on the steps, get the pool ready, lawn care, etc, and then i go to bed lol. Also been trying to help my mom pay the mortgage so we can keep our house. Getting difficult when over half your check goes to bills every pay. I usually end up with $100 leftover for myself. Haven't bought anything for the Si lately except flashpro.
Welcome to adulthood

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to adulthood
Yeah I know. I just can't move out right now till I get my mom back on her feet. My dad's death has really made things so much harder. Trying my best. Have been trying really hard to make aa many hours at work as possible so I have more money to help with her bills so she doesn't fall behind. It's tough, but im trying to keep a positive attitude.

itzrivera

thats crazy lol I'm surprised he actually stop dropped and rolled. I've seen a few videos of morons catching on fire but they always run around instead of stop drop and roll

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats crazy lol I'm surprised he actually stop dropped and rolled. I've seen a few videos of morons catching on fire but they always run around instead of stop drop and roll
Haha, yeah, I think he was pretty much blown out of the car and was forced to roll, so at that point he just keep on rolling. :lol:

He suffered 3rd degree burns over 1/3 of him. Word was that he put the tank in his trunk, but, went in for cigs, came out, lit one, kaboom.

EDIT: http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-shows-car-turning-fireball-gas-station-injuring/story?id=39911438

Looks like this story claims he put it in the passenger side. Yikes.

Last edited:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally got the Si back from the body shop. Soooooo nice not having a f**ked up fender anymore.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Months later, finally got the Civic running again.
Turned out to just be the timing belt jumped when I hit a puddle back whenever that happened.

Put a new belt on it, fired right up and ran smooth
Grabbed another A/C compressor from a junkyard, might have a leak in the hoses
Also grabbed a new hood release cable as our lever was broken, as is any still in the cars in a junkyard
And also got an engine coolant temperature sensor so no more CEL
Gave the armrest one round of cleaning, round two probably later today
Still have to wash the thing and eventually spray some glue under 1/4 of the headliner

That's my day. Tempted to use some of the stockpiled wood in the garage to make a workbench so I can further compress the tool area while also downsizing this pile of wood on the side of the car. Probably going to start working on the Trailblazer tomorrow, have to get the transmission swapped out.

Then down to Key West to show property on Monday.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got a jeep. 04 grand cherokee. Looking at wheels and tires for it, plus all the typical accessories.

Looking at weather tech rain guards and floor mats.

Completely undecided on what wheels to put on it. The current ones are ate up with curb rash on the passenger side so I got a different model wheel from a buddy for all 4, but I don't know if I like them yet. I don't know s**t about wheels for SUV's and it's not a 4x4, so no Mickey Thompsons or anything like that.

Shopping around for deals on new rubber, any suggestions there?

Also debating retinting the front driver and passenger windows, along with the sun strip. The tint was done professionally but it's 20 percent and the sun strip is far too long. 35 is legal limit in Georgia. Can be as dark as I want on all the other windows. I like it though, may just keep it like it is until I get a ticket.

But anyways, that about brings you up to speed on me. Besides working all the time.

How have you guys been?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They.. they won't go away, and they're blasting Florida georgia line..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk