whats a nice quiet exhaust that sounds really nice?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All civic exhausts have a b pipe. The length is what varies as well as the length of the muffler section

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, majority. I agree that the ws2 and the yonaka sound different but for half the price, I'll take the yonaka
Sound is not the only difference. It's the most noticeable, sure, buy that extra money isn't just for a name

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes. The version labeled for a coupe will fit the sedan. They use the exact same exhausts. A lot of times companies don't list every single chassis model simply by mistake. The only oddball situation I'd when you have a dx/hx version because they have an integrated catalytic converter which is near the had instead of the more common cat that is just behind the oil pan underneath the car. Those exhaust systems use a longer b pipe but still hold true to the coupe and sedan exhausts being exchangeable

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
Yes. The version labeled for a coupe will fit the sedan. They use the exact same exhausts. A lot of times companies don't list every single chassis model simply by mistake. The only oddball situation I'd when you have a dx/hx version because they have an integrated catalytic converter which is near the had instead of the more common cat that is just behind the oil pan underneath the car. Those exhaust systems use a longer b pipe but still hold true to the coupe and sedan exhausts being exchangeable
damn, im just not sure and i just message someone on ebay that is selling this exact same model "YMCB001" and asked if they fit a 1996 Honda Civic LX sedan and with a reply they said
"No. This catback will fit the Honda Civic 1992-2000 2DR/4DR & Acura EL 1997-1999.
It will NOT fit 3DR hatchbacks or 96-00 LX/HX/DX models. The mid pipes are different."

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not sure, but I'm guessing the lx also has the integrated cat. If so, then it won't fit unless you get an ex header and matching ex cat.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
go custom. i have always ran custom . do straight pipe to a twin loop muffler. sounds amazing

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your dead set on yonaka, do as child suggested and purchase a d series header and the ex magnaflow high flow cat. The 92-00 civic 2/4 dr includes all 92-95 civics except hatchbacks, and 96-00 civic ex/si. He lx/hx/dx/cx models from 96-00 had the d16y7 non v-tec and y5 i-v-tec motors that have a pre-cat system that has the catalytic converter integrated into the exhaust manifold as one piece. If your engine code is d16y7 or d16y5, you will need an aftermarket d series header and an civic ex catalytic converter or test pipe to bolt your exhaust up. You will also have to extend your downstream o2 sensor so it can be installed post car. An extension for this is plug and play and runs around 30$. =)

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
Im not sure, but I'm guessing the lx also has the integrated cat. If so, then it won't fit unless you get an ex header and matching ex cat.
im not too good with cars but whats a cat? lol a catalyst? i did some googling and thats what popped up lol but don't know what that is

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
If your dead set on yonaka, do as child suggested and purchase a d series header and the ex magnaflow high flow cat. The 92-00 civic 2/4 dr includes all 92-95 civics except hatchbacks, and 96-00 civic ex/si. He lx/hx/dx/cx models from 96-00 had the d16y7 non v-tec and y5 i-v-tec motors that have a per-cat system that has the catalytic converter integrated into exhaust manifold as one piece. If your engine code is d16y7 or d16y5, you will need an aftermarket d series header and an civic ex catalytic converter or test pipe to bolt your exhaust up. You will also have to extend your downstream o2 sensor so it can be installed post car. An extension for this is plug and play and runs around 30$. =)
how much would a d series cost me? Should i get a cheap ebay one? whats a good one? and how much does a ex magnaflow high flow cat cost?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
catalytic converter, its basically a emmissions thing, traps alot of the engine smut and bad stuff the motor puts out and basically traps it inside the honeycomb type deal inside.

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
catalytic converter, its basically a emmissions thing, traps alot of the engine smut and bad stuff the motor puts out and basically traps it inside the honeycomb type deal inside.
oh i see. thanks for the tip. so what exactly would i need to put or switch on my car to be able to get this exhaust system put on?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how much would a d series cost me? Should i get a cheap ebay one? whats a good one? and how much does a ex magnaflow high flow cat cost?
I have an eBay d series header and a custom made catback. When I got the car I had a hacked up exhaust and no muffler. Just an old banged up eBay d series header welded to the factory 1 5/8" exhaust pipes with an 8" canister. eBay headers are fine since you won't really see any dramatic gains on the single cam and they are inexpensive. Just order a cheap one you find. You can get the magnaflow high flow cat converter from Andy's auto sports fairly cheap. Won't pass California emmisions though. http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/1996_2000_civic/performance/exhaust/catalytic_converters/magnaflow/magf00182334.html
And your exhaust system. You can cut and splice in extended wires to your down stream o2 sensor so it can fit in the bung on the cat in the picture. Or order an extension.
http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-O2-Sensor-Extension-Kit-P1767C320.aspx
The price is for one extension. But you only need one. =)
Think you got it now bro?

JeffBel

Registered VIP
I meant mid-pipe when I said b-pipe. The mid pipe on hatches are shorter. Any muffler shop will cut it down for you, it's not very expensive.

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
I have an eBay d series header and a custom made catback. When I got the car I had a hacked up exhaust and no muffler. Just an old banged up eBay d series header welded to the factory 1 5/8" exhaust pipes with an 8" canister. eBay headers are fine since you won't really see any dramatic gains on the single cam and they are inexpensive. Just order a cheap one you find. You can get the magnaflow high flow cat converter from Andy's auto sports fairly cheap. Won't pass California emmisions though. http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/1996_2000_civic/performance/exhaust/catalytic_converters/magnaflow/magf00182334.html
And your exhaust system. You can cut and splice in extended wires to your down stream o2 sensor so it can fit in the bung on the cat in the picture. Or order an extension.
http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-O2-Sensor-Extension-Kit-P1767C320.aspx
The price is for one extension. But you only need one. =)
Think you got it now bro?
damn thats too much work, i thought they would have the one for my car with a easy bolt on lol

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I'm not sure if it has been said before, but my buddy has skunk2 resonator and piping back to a Apexi WS2 on a B18c, sounds good when you get on it, but quiet crusing. Good overall exhaust

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
I've had my Yonaka on for over 20k miles now and still love it. Only complaint is that the extension off the muffler to the tip is starting to rust a little. I will weld a new piece on the if need be. Other than that it is great

aneidiaztorres

I have an eBay exhaust system. I currently have the muffler it originally came with. Yes, the big "can sound" muffler. I mean hey, it doesn't sound that bad.... Moving on. I want the QUIETEST muffler POSSIBLE. I'm tired of the loud sound. I wanna keep my exhaust system but just install a quiet muffler at the end. What do you guys recommend? An OEM muffler would do the job? I really don't even wanna buy a name brand exhaust like the ones mentioned above. All I want is a completely quiet muffler. Just hear the engine from the front that's all. Any opinions, suggestions, advice, helpful input, etc. PLEASE HELP CC

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Quiet but aftermarket... this: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=209486 Just go to a custom exhaust shop, get the muffler, have the weld it in place of the old one and you're good to go. VERY quiet, I have more engine noise than exhaust noise. Watch the video, tells all.

But, if you REALLY want quiet, you can't beat an OEM muffler...