whats a nice quiet exhaust that sounds really nice?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Having an OEM muffler defeats the purpose of the exhaust piping. It's like boosting water through a coffee stirrer versus through a straw. There are options that are still extremely quiet but also allow a higher flow. Apexi, rsr, magnaflow, vibrant and others have street silencer mufflers with good flow porperties.

You'll have a deeper than stock sound even with the OEM muffler since you have a header and larger exhaust piping anyway

aneidiaztorres

In your opinion do you think an 06' Civic Si muffler would sound quiet with my piping and headers? I'm tryna Get as much info as possible before I make my final decision. Thanks for your input. I will definitely take that into consideration. I just want a quiet car like I've been saying in my posts. That BBBBAAAAAAAA noise is getting silly now and days.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, the si and RSX's mufflers are chambered and do not have any packing to resonate incoming engine sound. It will sound like a farty raspy ricer mess. I know this because at the last second the muffler shop I went too said hey we could try this 2006 civic si muffler off a hatch back. I did. It SUCKED. Wasted 20$ had the summit muffler installed. Saving for Apexi ws2.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9eFwVwAALnw

Sometimes experience is the best teacher, I know what I'm talking about most of the time(lol).

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The si and rsx mufflers were designed to meet decibel standards AND give a sporty sound. Somewhat like the first generation g35 with it's tuned exhaust but not nearly as overboard. So it won't be screaming loud, but not all that quiet either. The companies i listed have quiet street exhausts. Yes price will be a little more expensive for even the cheapest muffler but it will be quiet and not deep throaty or raspy.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^which is why the converter and resonator quiet it down, but the canister itself is chambered and without any Internal packing, to create the sport tone, since decibal level was taken care of earlier in the exhaust route.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep in mind that it still has the issues we mentioned earlier, it's just the quietest out of those three. There's not really anything to look up besides a cost.

aneidiaztorres

Keep in mind that it still has the issues we mentioned earlier, it's just the quietest out of those three. There's not really anything to look up besides a cost.
I'm pretty sure I can find one on Ebay. That's where I buy all my stuff. What year model do you think its worth looking up?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
02-04 base model rsx. 05-06 got upgraded.

nickb1570

just throwing it out there. i have a yonaka catback on my 98 hatch and it is super quiet. it is loud from like 2000-2500 but it does sound super good for the money. im extremely happy with it.

aneidiaztorres

Ok so I was looking up on Ebay different OEM mufflers for that quiet sound I'm looking for and I found this.... It's a brand new in box OEM Honda Civic chrome sport muffler kit Si Ex exhaust. It's only $260 and it looks good:D:D:D ....plus I think it'll really be quiet but then again idk..... Can you guys gimme any suggestions? Part # is 08F88-SVB-100 btw...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is no OEM honda exhaust with that big of a muffler tip lol. That's just a gimmick to get you to buy.
The exhaust tip and the piping are almost a straight through design (from what we can see in the picture) giving it away that it isn't an oem design and should produce a louder than oem exhaust note

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, for $260 you could have the full Yonaka catback exhaust and not just a muffler. So why bother with this ebay junk

aneidiaztorres

Idk about that Yonaka exhaust. I don't even want a close to low sound. I wanna hear close to nothing. And as far as that pic I posted, yes it says OEM on the picture on it off eBay. It has that muffler in the box with an OEM red and white Honda label like the ones I see when I always but OEM parts. I don't need anything else other then a muffler. My whole system is good. Just wanna change muffler to get quietest sound possible.