whats a nice quiet exhaust that sounds really nice?

aneidiaztorres

Quiet but aftermarket... this: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=209486 Just go to a custom exhaust shop, get the muffler, have the weld it in place of the old one and you're good to go. VERY quiet, I have more engine noise than exhaust noise. Watch the video, tells all. But, if you REALLY want quiet, you can't beat an OEM muffler...
This is exactly what I needed to hear. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I think I might just go with OEM. I want the quietest muffler possible at this point. When in idle and when running, QUIET. I will check that link out for sure. Thanks allot bro!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's quite a bit louder than my ws2, sounded like the car was off at idle....but the magnaflow doesn't sound bad though

Honda4ever

Banned
I have an eBay exhaust system. I currently have the muffler it originally came with. Yes, the big "can sound" muffler. I mean hey, it doesn't sound that bad.... Moving on. I want the QUIETEST muffler POSSIBLE. I'm tired of the loud sound. I wanna keep my exhaust system but just install a quiet muffler at the end. What do you guys recommend? An OEM muffler would do the job? I really don't even wanna buy a name brand exhaust like the ones mentioned above. All I want is a completely quiet muffler. Just hear the engine from the front that's all. Any opinions, suggestions, advice, helpful input, etc. PLEASE HELP CC
ikr ebay isint as bad as people say it is i mean really have they really even had one to begin with or are they just following what others say? :laugh:

if i had the money the quietest exhaust i would get is a buddyclub spec2 its quiets and screams at high RPMS

Last edited by a moderator:

aneidiaztorres

if i had the money the quietest exhaust i would get is a buddyclub spec2 its quiets and screams at high RPMS
That's what I totally wanna avoid. I want even the quietest sound even at high RPMs. The more I think about it, I stray more and more towards OEM muffler. I was just looking at an OEM muffler from a 2006 EX Si on eBay. I know with some custom fitment it'll fit. But I wonder will it be quieter then a plain OEM muffler originally specified for my car.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you even serious?!! buddy club spec 2 is one of the loudest exhaust systems on the market. Super thin metal piping for lightweight, no resonators and no muffler.

CO671

Registered VIP
That's what I totally wanna avoid. I want even the quietest sound even at high RPMs. The more I think about it, I stray more and more towards OEM muffler. I was just looking at an OEM muffler from a 2006 EX Si on eBay. I know with some custom fitment it'll fit. But I wonder will it be quieter then a plain OEM muffler originally specified for my car.
I like the way this guy thinks.
A civic doesn't have to have the most expensive parts, and not the cheapest either, it's a cheap tuner to begin with. Most exhausts can be replicated sound wise for a fraction of the price, as you'll just be buying a brand name, reliability and/or warranty. On a dseries engine, exhausts are basically nothing, unless incorporated with forced induction. Stock mufflers especially from newer vehicles can be had for cheap (under $150). Mix things up, what's modifying a car without making modifications.?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, the si and RSX's mufflers are chambered and do not have any packing to resonate incoming engine sound. It will sound like a farty raspy ricer mess. I know this because at the last second the muffler shop I went too said hey we could try this 2006 civic si muffler off a hatch back. I did. It SUCKED. Wasted 20$ had the summit muffler installed. Saving for Apexi ws2.

Honda4ever

Banned
lol i wasn't trolling i swear i though it would be quiet. go for yonaka catback my friend has one and i cant even hear the damn car barely

CO671

Registered VIP
I
I had a resonator. Go back and read.
I was supporting your post and referring to newer exhaust systems and their resonators but thanks for clearing that up, I was always hoping on 06+si mufflers.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Then once again. I apologize for being short and rude..... But I am 1/4 Italian! HooHoo!!!

aneidiaztorres

I like the way this guy thinks. A civic doesn't have to have the most expensive parts, and not the cheapest either, it's a cheap tuner to begin with. Most exhausts can be replicated sound wise for a fraction of the price, as you'll just be buying a brand name, reliability and/or warranty. On a dseries engine, exhausts are basically nothing, unless incorporated with forced induction. Stock mufflers especially from newer vehicles can be had for cheap (under $150). Mix things up, what's modifying a car without making modifications.?
I think I will just go with an OEM muffler. I hope I'm making the right decision. I thought about that 06' Si muffler but I decided maybe getting a plain OEM muffler will solve my problem and fulfill my need. I just want a quiet car :( . But I still wanna keep my headers and piping all the way back., damn I wish I could post pics from this Android app. Anyhow, I think the OEM muffler will be just fine. Everything else will be tuned up =) =) =)

emerican

Registered VIP
the only thing i could think that an oem muffler might hurt is it may create a little bit of a bottle neck for lake of a better word if the car has headers and bigger exhaust pipping back to a smaller pipped oem muffler; howver it may not be a problem or cost you any hp if it does im sure it wouldnt even be anything you noticed. there are quiet a few people ive seen running the newer gen si mufflers with no problems at all. the older generations mufflers im not sure about though havent seen anybody with a bigger aftermarket exhaust running to an older gen muffler.

aneidiaztorres

I might be the first bro. I don't think it will cause too much of a hassle. I just want the car to be super quiet you know. I looked at an 06' Civic Si muffler. Idk tho. Someone told me it'll have a farty sound to it :confused::what:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

aneidiaztorres

I think an OEM will be just fine. Soon as I get it, I'll definitely post pics and share my experience.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2