Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dental technician , my job does not suck at all =shrug=

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I work at auto zone. only thing that sucks is changing a battery in the rain. and dealing with people that dont speak english and want the wrong parts. Sometimes thats entertaining though since theyre back in an hour wanting the part i told them they needed all along. lol

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dental technician , my job does not suck at all =shrug=
I think the old get the more you mature and appreciate what you have and understand it's because of your job where younger guys like myself don't appreciate it and only wanna do what we want to. That's why u don't like or appreciate my job even though at 19 it's a phenominal job.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP

Shipping and receiving for LKQ. I work from 5pm to whenever the job is done. I've been out as early as 11:30pm to as late as 6am. I make $12 n hour but bank with the 10 plus hours of over time a week.

I get an awesome discount on car parts. ;)

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
i work doing inhome healthcare making 4 bucks an hour working 72 hours a week(no overtime) and it sucks ass. but im just doing it till i leave for the army in april.

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i work doing inhome healthcare making 4 bucks an hour working 72 hours a week(no overtime) and it sucks ass. but im just doing it till i leave for the army in april.
Holy s**t you're being grossly underpaid.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I work at auto zone.only thing that sucks is changing a battery in the rain. and dealing with people that dont speak english
I have the same problem when I go to AutoZone except in my case it's the employees who don't speak english

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I work at auto zone. only thing that sucks is changing a battery in the rain. and dealing with people that dont speak english and want the wrong parts. Sometimes thats entertaining though since theyre back in an hour wanting the part i told them they needed all along. lol
Same thing when I worked at O'Reilly's.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I work at Xtel Communications as a Sales/Network Engineer. The people are great and the work is so diverse it really never gets old.

What I do hate is the typical corporate miscommunications, the mini-kingdoms the departments think they have and want to claim ownership over their responsibilities when they go well and blame others when they don't go so well.

I am underpaid and over allocated, no over time.. ever and am on call 24/7/365.

Having said that I have full benefits, fully matched 401k if I retire here (so my 401k x2) and off whenever I want and can take field calls if I want to mix things up.. oh and a company car.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Having said that I have full benefits, fully matched 401k if I retire here (so my 401k x2) and off whenever I want and can take field calls if I want to mix things up.. oh and a company car.
There has got to be a limit on the 401k

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I work for a pharmacy. I organize, package and deliver medications to assisted living homes (old ppl homes) and peoples houses who are on hospice around the east bay. I make $15.50/hr but I have to pay my own gas outta that so more like $12.00/hr. Jobs ok but sometimes pharmacists have to deliver and they think their lives are more important than the rest of ours and force us to take some of their stops since their routes are "too long" and also I put like 50miles on my car each day mon-fri. Needles too say I want to find a different job for my cars sake haha.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I work at Honda of Kirkland. I just started here and I came from another Honda dealership in Everett. Up in Everett I was a Service Writer and I LOVED it. Now I'm a Service Dispatcher until one of the Service Writer's here leaves then I'll take his slot.

I love being a Service Writer. I love educating people about their cars and using my passion and knowledge to do so. However, the only part about my job that sucks is the stupid people who come/call in. Also there's always the cheap bastards, and the impatient snobs. But those are everywhere.

How much they start you at Alex? I'm thinkin about trying to get a job at a honda if I end up transferring to a college nearby next year.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much they start you at Alex? I'm thinkin about trying to get a job at a honda if I end up transferring to a college nearby next year.
I was an express advisor so I didn't make as much as the main shop advisors, so I made a base pay of like $1000 a month then I also made comission which could get me like $700-$1000.

packers#1

I work at the shop at Tyler's Sanitation here in aiken. I usually work about three days a week for an hour and a half each day, or more if the work ain't finished, $8 an hour. But when I've got days off of school or whenever I usually go in for an 8 hour day.
What sucks is, well, it's trash! This summer I was washing a lotttttttttttt of trash carts...it's kinda, bleh. And sometimes my boss can be having a bad day so that doesn't always work out.
Good parts? learning about tools and workin on the trucks, so it's really helped me (wasn't that tough to install my air intake). Also sometimes I drive to the International or Mack dealers across the river in Augusta for parts.
Overall, I can't complain, decent job, decent pay, great for school.

Decipher

Registered VIP
I'm working for papajohn's as a driver. I make $5.25/hr + $1.25/run + tips. Slow days average about $10 - $12/hr. $Average days I make about $12.50 - $15.00/hr. Good days(more often than you think) I make $20 - $25.00/hr.

I beat the s*** out of my car, but that's why I drive a civic. There's pretty much nothing I dislike about this job. I love driving and like staying on my feet.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I work for the Department of Defense as a Air Terminal Operations Center controller at an international airport. The pay is okay; ($28 per hour) but, my schedule is made up based off the missions that we fly that week.

Worst part of the job is having a work cell phone that has to be with me 24/7/365 and having a 80 mile commute.

Rinzler

I work for the DoD a artillery mechanic, helping are soldiers by providing weapons that can blow things and people up when it's required. Like any job political BS, favortism and carrying lazy A$$ co-workers work load. An dealing with a certain private contractor company which i will not name steal stuff and turn around blame us for there error. Yes it's been proven numerous times over and over that the company that I will not name are complete DUMBA$$'s