Where do you work? What way does it suck

Jose1027

Registered VIP
I work at a laundromat,instead of using coins we use a laundry card,so my job is to basically explain how to get the card and how everything works,but most of the time I just talk to people and make friends lol,I get 13 an hr,its not an awesome job but its getting me tru school...

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I work AGC Automotive America. We are an automotive glass company that makes glass for Honda, Mercedes, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and soon to be Infiniti and GM. I work in maintenance on 2nd shift making 18.10/hr plus overtime/doubletime. I work Mon-Fri and every other weekend so some weeks I make upwards of $1200-1300 after taxes. Things I hate about my job are that most nights are pretty slow and boring, and some of the operators have been there for years and still don't know what they are doing. Other than that, I can't really complain. I've been working there since I was 19(7 years in Jan), the pay is good, people are friendly, and I get to take s**t apart and fix it. :lol:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you need to get me on there.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bake pretzels at auntie annes at alderwood, I make 9.40 an hour to bust ass and make thousands or pretzel and drinks. I like the people there but its long hot work, and a lot of non English speaking people trying to order gets to me

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bake pretzels at auntie annes at alderwood, I make 9.40 an hour to bust ass and make thousands or pretzel and drinks. I like the people there but its long hot work, and a lot of non English speaking people trying to order gets to me
Omigod I might have gotten a couple of pretzels from you then! I always get one when I'm at the mall =)

Puyallup area.
Eeek. I thought mine was bad...

millon12

my office is at folsom it is my own office relates to real estate every day we have pick up the customers and we have to show them the houses that are ready for sale

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There has got to be a limit on the 401k
There is, they will only match up to 50% of your annual earnings. So if you put in more that 50% (and I don't know how you'd live) or you have a second job that you are putting money into your 401k then you're not going to get that money doubled.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I work at Chrysler as a Product Engineer in Electrified Powertrain. Currently the engineer responsible for several parts on a vehicle launching in 2013, and overall my job requires that I need to stand by my parts from start to finish - design phase, prototype phase, test phase, production phase, dealing with suppliers, etc. I'm there for all of it. I love my job because I love cars and I love being one of the people that has a contribution in the making of an actual vehicle. My boss is awesome, my coworkers are great, but the paperwork and sometimes dealing with suppliers and deadlines is a PITA. thats when things get crazy stressful

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Idk if I believe some of you guys where you work compared to how much you get paid, some of your jobs seem like you should get minimum wage. It's like yeah, I work at mcdonalds and make 10 an hour. Especially when it's not a specialized field. Just sayin, if I could find another job and just do part time making 9 an hour to hand out f'n cheeseburgers I'd do that s*** with my current job.

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Another reason I hate my job. I have to talk to foreigners who I have NO f**king CLUE what they're saying. Like for real? And they always ask the same questions, I'm not getting enough cashback bonus, or I didn't make this 8 dollar charge somebody stole my account number. It's like dude, if somebody stole your number they wouldn't go to taco bell for 4 dollars and never use the card again.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
or I didn't make this 8 dollar charge somebody stole my account number. It's like dude, if somebody stole your number they wouldn't go to taco bell for 4 dollars and never use the card again.
No, but when someone is making fraudulent purchases on a stolen card, they always start out small to see if the card will work....then move onto bigger purchases.

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, but when someone is making fraudulent purchases on a stolen card, they always start out small to see if the card will work....then move onto bigger purchases.
I work in customer service and used to work in fraud prevention and when somebody checks the card it's for an authorization ie gas station or somewhere that places a pre auhprozation hold. 99% of the time it's nor fraud from the physical cars but online or from over the phone.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do tech support for the winner of the best places to work for a med. size business in Cincinnati for 2011, won IT Team Player of the Year for 2011 and work 7-3. Can't complain at all.

Oh, and we broke $1 billion in sales yesterday. Company is 4th overall in the industry.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I work part time at Walmart getting 35-40 hours a week. I make $11.05 an hour. I do carts so you can imagine that it sucks when the weather is bad. Working an 8 hour shift in the rain or snow storm really sucks. I also have to clean up spills and the bathrooms. I won't get into that though. :lol:

My job sucks because everyone in the entire store, including management, expects me to do everyone else's job on top of our own. Just about every night they pull us to unload the trucks and they expect us to keep up with carts at the same time. We're always getting yelled at for something. We're pretty much the store grunt.
Tell me about it. I work at Weis Markets, a grocery store chain ran in the north east and I do the same things you do like carts, cleaning up spills, doing everyone else's job on top of my own.