Why did u choose stock rims?

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To all that have stock rims on your car, why did u choose to go with stock rims over aftermarket? what do people on here think of honda stock rims?

iamcivic

zdnfhsz fhz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
richocet1 said:
To all that have stock rims on your car, why did u choose to go with stock rims over aftermarket? what do people on here think of honda stock rims?
stock are much lighter

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what stock rims do u have and how much do they weigh?

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like the look of the hx's on my hatch. plus they are an upgrade over my 13 steelies. lightweight, good-looking rim for relatively cheap that doesnt draw a lot of attention; perfect for my needs.

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am of the minority that thinks the stock rims are boring. I just don't get the reasoning behind it.

burntaxis

burnt axis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think the stock ones are kinda bland, but they do have their strog points. They are an improvment over the wheel covers, they are cheap, and they don't attract too much attention.

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think the HX wheels are the best looking stock civic wheels.

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
agreed....why would you need a expensive rims when you already have a nice looking
rims that just fit your needs? i guess people don't realize where they're money is going.

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ekracer_83 said:
agreed....why would you need a expensive rims when you already have a nice looking
rims that just fit your needs? i guess people don't realize where they're money is going.
I realize where my money's going??? It's going into not having stock rims.... :lol:

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stock wheels are cheap.. you can get them 300-400 with good amount of thread left. aftermarket wheels will run you atleast $700

sup with the HX wheel trend? atleast 3 ago..people use to give away HX wheels nearly for free..they are okay but they are tiny ass hell..years ago i got a set for free and it wont even fit my car, it touches the calipers.

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i went from stock special edition rims to 17inch'es to gsr fat 5s! I like the stockies much better for some reason!

civicnoob

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
price and doesn;t draw as much attention, anyone 1 aftermarkets get stared @.

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ekracer_83 said:
where is my money going? it's going into wider and higher quality tires for better handling and traction. I'll take my 205's anyday over those stock 'pizza cutter' 185's...

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wanted to get the HX rims, but i didnt know they touch the calipers. gsr rims here i come....or these

civicnoob said:
price and doesn;t draw as much attention, anyone 1 aftermarkets get stared @.
or these

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think the second ones will look best with my front lip, but they are 14s

This lip rocks :headbang: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for it to arrive.

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well Personally I like my Stock 15 Inch SiR Rims. Plus I have 205/50 Tires on them

Car handles and rides nice.

Plus the roads up here are s**t because they get heaved by the frost in the winter and when spring comes we have a million pot holes.

So far my Stock rims have been bulletproof but all the guys with aftermarket 17 and 18's are bending rims left and right.

If i lived down in AZ or Cali where the roads were smooth I would probably have bigger wheels but up here in the Great White North stock is fine for me

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honda rims are very nice......if you dont like them then o well get some pep boys rims b***h.

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackEJ84 said:
honda rims are very nice......if you dont like them then o well get some pep boys rims b***h.
HAHAHAHAHAAA thats a good one. But please....lets keep the peace shall we.

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I do like these

it's too bad they're only 14s though, at least a 15 would be better.... they'd look good painted bronze or gunmetal.