except they're stock on all the 7th gen EX's i think right? i think thats dumb

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
6th gen Si wheels and 7th gen EX wheels are differnt wheels. They do look very similar though.

I would like wheels. I'm still on 6th gen EX steelies. And no I will not "rock straight steelies". I hate flat black wheels on red cars (makes them look less shiny) and steelies look cheap. Might as well cover them with the hubcaps for now and not look like I hit curbs.

I would like some GS-R blades at least. There are other wheels I like, but I don't have the money right now. :(

ferio_EK

mmmmm, VTEC!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think honda makes some of the nicest looking stock rims you can get. for example:

99-00 civic si/sir rims
94-00 integra ls rims/ 00 civic special edition (14")
99-00 integra type r rims (nice as hell) also are made by enkei!
96-00 civic type r rims (i guess it can go with the itr rims too) made by enkei as well
civic vx rims, but are kinda small
01-presant rsx type s 17" 5 star

i'm looking at a set of sir rims myself and am thinking about painting them gunmetal providing i can see a picture of the end result. i disagree with integra fat 5's though. i never thought those were appealing at all and for some reason, civic vx rims look good on an 89 toyota mr2. a guy i know rocked those for a while and it looked pretty nice!

zzzpoohzzz

quitter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im not a racer so i dont care how heavy the wheels are... thats why i found a cheap set of decent wheels that not many people have so theyre sorta unique... i got the enkei 5+'s.... havent even put em on cause its pointless now to get them on and then just take em off for those harsh PA winters :(

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SI rims look the best in my opinion second would be gsr blades and the mini shu's by acura

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ferio_EK said:
94-00 integra ls rims/ 00 civic special edition (14")
Don't forget 97 integra GSR (LS special edition) rims (that's when they first appeared)

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont like it i like my rims motegi ff6 hyper blacks 17in

Millhouse609

Blowin s**t up
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are some nice 14' rims for the 4th gen civic. I got a set of CRX si rims for $25 and they are sweet. Im going to try to stay with honda rims. Next set of rims i want to get are the integra fat fives, gsr blades, or the Si rims. They look sick on the 4th gens IMO. But if i have no luck with those going to try to look at getting 16' rims that are black or something like that with a polished lip.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i put 6th gen si's on my civic, 205 tires they are very light weight and look 10x better then the aftermarket 16's i had on there.

i found that the 17's on my gsr weigh like 26lbs a piece.... so i'm looking for a set of gsr fat fives right now... i should see a little improvement in my 1/4 times

here's a pic with the si's on the front and the 16's on the rear

Last edited:

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
i put 6th gen si's on my civic, 205 tires they are very light weight and look 10x better then the aftermarket 16's i had on there.

i found that the 17's on my gsr weigh like 26lbs a piece.... so i'm looking for a set of gsr fat fives right now... i should see a little improvement in my 1/4 times
fat fives are all over ebay right now. check it out.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
6th gen Si wheels and 7th gen EX wheels are differnt wheels. They do look very similar though.
:(
thats interesting. What is the difference.. For a while i have been mad that these wheels come stock on the 2003 ex and i busted my ass trying to find my set.

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its funny that some companies are biting honda stock rims. i seen this guy with aftermarket adr's that look like bigger si rims.....thats just sad.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think in most situations the reason is simple.... they wanted to... i mean its really just a personal choice more than anything.. no one is picking up 3 tenths in the quarter.. or handling better due to stock honda rims.. they like them... and liek the way they look thats all

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i think in most situations the reason is simple.... they wanted to... i mean its really just a personal choice more than anything.. no one is picking up 3 tenths in the quarter.. or handling better due to stock honda rims.. they like them... and liek the way they look thats all
i really think that switchin from my 26/27lb 17" wheels to 14lbs wheels will make a slight difference in the 1/4... not 3/10's but i might pics up 1 or 2 tenths

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
i really think that switchin from my 26/27lb 17" wheels to 14lbs wheels will make a slight difference in the 1/4... not 3/10's but i might pics up 1 or 2 tenths
i agree fully.. i just meant in general... i feel that your MAIN decision was more withint just wanting to... you probably didn't lose sleep over that 1.5 tenth.. lol ;)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
you probably didn't lose sleep over that 1.5 tenth.. lol ;)
i did, and you would too if you were running 15.6 in a 99gsr with mods..... i need to get those times down as much as possible and every little bit helps :mrgreen: