why do ricers think its funny to type in l337?

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why do people think its funny to type like OmGz DOOD haxxoors? I know you obviously dont speak like that and are doing it as a 'joke' but really it just makes you look immature and retarded. Im wondering if there is some hidden reason behind such nonsense or if you all are just as stupid as you sound. No offense to the people on this site who dont do this...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why do people think its funny to type like OmGz DOOD haxxoors? I know you obviously dont speak like that and are doing it as a 'joke' but really it just makes you look immature and retarded. Im wondering if there is some hidden reason behind such nonsense or if you all are just as stupid as you sound. No offense to the people on this site who dont do this...
...the hell are you talking about?

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
lol its a joke for gamers. they are meant to make fun of people who actually say "omg dude hackers" everytime they die or lose or w/e. i dont think this has any correlation with ricers -.-

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Leet originated within bulletin board systems in the 1980s,[1][2] where having "elite" status on a bulletin board system (BBS) allowed a user access to file folders, games, and special chat rooms. One theory is that it was developed to defeat text filters created by BBS or Internet Relay Chat system operators for message boards to discourage the discussion of forbidden topics, like cracking and hacking.[1] Creative misspellings and ASCII-art-derived words were also a way to attempt to indicate one was knowledgeable about the culture of computer users. Once the reserve of hackers, crackers, and script kiddies, leet has since entered the mainstream.[1] It is now also used to mock newbies, or newcomers, on web sites, or in gaming communities.[3] Some consider emoticons and ASCII art, like smiley faces, to be leet, while others maintain that leet consists of only symbolic word encryption. More obscure forms of leet, involving the use of symbol combinations and almost no letters or numbers, continue to be used for its original purpose of encrypted communication. It is also sometimes used as a script language. Variants of leet have been used for censorship purposes for many years; for instance "@$$" and "$#!+" are frequently seen to make a word appear censored to the untrained eye but obvious to a person familiar with leet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok, so it wasnt just me who had no idea what he was talking about.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the intraweb speak .....originated in the PC gamer....

i used it... its the same place that ROFL came from....1337 is Leet... like above posts... its a form of internet lingo....like PWN.. or haxor... all came from the PC gamer...

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there are many examples of people doing this, its not just this site. i didnt mean those words exactly, i was just showing an example. another big one that i see alot is lolzzzz or lololololol instead of a simple lol. i just dont get it

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why are you still on this forum>?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lololololol at th1s thr34d

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol. True.

FYI, this is a conversation with a girl I'm having right now. Talk about timing!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i put my Featured Ride entry in before you did!!

sucka....i see it on your tabs..

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hahahahaa yep, I was distracted by hosting/posting that image haha

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.