Why do you hate Apple so much?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would love to own a mac.. but... price is the problem for me..

i want a 15"macbook pro... but i cant afford it.

id get a cheaper.. older 13" model.. but.. i think its too small for me.

i love my IBM thinkpad T23.. but its getting VERY outdated.. i mean.. it was new in 2000.. and has windows 2000 on it... it has never crashed on me.. and has done me good for 4 years now
dang man, a commdore 64 would almost be a upgrade for you,

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I like macs. I think they're cool. I just don't like the user interface and just the way the OS is designed. Apple makes some cool stuff. But it pretty much stops there.
What don't you like about the OS? I mean, personally I think its super easy to learn. Plus you have nowhere near as many folders and saving locations compared to Windows. I mean it take 10 minutes to navigate through Windows to find a file, where OSX is laid out much much better.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What don't you like about the OS? I mean, personally I think its super easy to learn. Plus you have nowhere near as many folders and saving locations compared to Windows. I mean it take 10 minutes to navigate through Windows to find a file, where OSX is laid out much much better.
I dunno. My roommate has one. And I've used it. I just don't like it.

I'll admit I've never spent actual time on a Mac to try to get used to it. I just don't like it enough to want to keep using it lol. Like I said, they make really cool stuff. But that's about it for me. I prefer my PC. I spent ~600 for my custom tower and it's pretty quick and does what I want & more.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I do have to give it to OSX, it does have the better edge when it comes to locating a file.

Once you get to know Windows it's not hard, becomes quite easy, to locate a file, but from the get go, without any knowledge it is easier to locate one in OSX

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
only thing that creeps me out about apple is the people that work for them in the stores,

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^Really? IDK there are only a couple wackos at the one I go to. But overall they seem to be very friendly and know what they're talking about. And I love love love that there is NO checkout line! Just checkout with the person there using their iPod touch system.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dunno the apple store i get my stuff from , the people are just creepy weird

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've gotten a Windows shut down time to under 5 seconds, and Windows boot up time to desktop in just under 16 seconds.
That's comparable to the speed my mac goes. I have to say, I've never had a windows machine that booted or shut down anywhere near that speed. In fact, I've had PCs that approached minutes, rather than seconds. I once had a windows PC that took 10 minutes to boot up. Don't know how long it took to shut down, because I would never wait around for it. I'd hit the shut down button, turn off the monitor, and let it do its thing.

I once spent $3000 on a windows laptop and it died within a year. That was the last straw on my windows journey. Mac man ever since.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$3000 for a laptop? Holy s**t... I can't imagine spending that much on a laptop, let alone a computer, EVER.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$3000 for a laptop? Holy s**t... I can't imagine spending that much on a laptop, let alone a computer, EVER.
That was back before I knew how to build a computer. My parents actually bought it for me as a going away to college present. Most expensive thing I've ever owned (aside from a car that is).. was actually sort of devastating when it happened. However, it was the same s**t that happened to all my other windows machines. I noticed that my mac friends weren't having these problems.. while my windows friends were all having blue screens, crashes, viruses, spyware, adware, etc... Figured it was time for a change.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should see the orders I get. 2 have been over 7000 for a desktop.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That was back before I knew how to build a computer. My parents actually bought it for me as a going away to college present. Most expensive thing I've ever owned (aside from a car that is).. was actually sort of devastating when it happened. However, it was the same s**t that happened to all my other windows machines. I noticed that my mac friends weren't having these problems.. while my windows friends were all having blue screens, crashes, viruses, spyware, adware, etc... Figured it was time for a change.
A lot of times, Blue Screens aren't caused by Windows itself, but the drivers that are written by developers for hardware and/or software.

RonJ

Banned
Wrong. Again. People knew about the mouse, it was the fact that it was 400 dollars is what kept it from being "mainstream."

You are argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. Worse than that, you are willing to argue a point despite being completely wrong, which is supported by your own contradictions. When something is not mainstream, then few people are going to know about it, right? $400 -- That's why no one knew about. It was completely inaccessible and therefore invisible to the average person.

I'd call that stealing an idea. You know how quick Apple would be if someone did this? Oh wait. They already have. Apple Vs HTC. Hypocrites.

Sour grapes PC man. It's simple protection of your products in a competitive market.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My parents fell into 'anyone can use a mac.' Well, my mom couldn't figure out anything on it and explaining it to her made her more confused. They ended up getting a HP desktop with Vista. Mac sat in closet for awhile then my desktop went out.

I ended up using the Mac for temporary, but that ended up being permanent. Not totally against Windows or Microsoft, I just now prefer to use my Mac over Windows. Mac seems to come more naturally to me than a
Windows OS did.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You are argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. Worse than that, you are willing to argue a point despite being completely wrong, which is supported by your own contradictions. When something is not mainstream, then few people are going to know about it, right? $400 -- That's why no one knew about. It was completely inaccessible and therefore invisible to the average person.
People knew about it, they just couldn't afford it. Just because someone is expensive doesn't mean people don't know about it.

You're argument of because something is expensive, no one is going to know about it, can be used to form this:
Lamborghini is expensive, therefore no one knows about them.

or

The Bugatti Veyron is 1 million dollars, therefore, no one knows about it except a VERY select few.

Sour grapes PC man. It's simple protection of your products in a competitive market.
So, its ok for Apple to take other peoples ideas, but not ok for other people to take Apples idea?

Last edited:

RonJ

Banned
People knew about it, they just couldn't afford it. Just because someone is expensive doesn't mean people don't know about it.

You're argument of because something is expensive, no one is going to know about it, can be used to form this:
Lamborghini is expensive, therefore no one knows about them.

or

The Bugatti Veyron is 1 million dollars, therefore, no one knows about it except a VERY select few.

Seriously, so now you want to compare the Xerox mouse to Lamborghini and Bugatti Veyron? Nice try. That's a crazy huge Grand Canyon leap Jolly. For all intents and purposes, no one knew about the Xerox mouse. The mouse became widely known only after Apple made it affordable and popularized it.

So, its ok for Apple to take other peoples ideas, but not ok for other people to take Apples idea?

You keep saying that. What exactly did Apple steal?