1997 DX hatch

SiR.Huey

Woah! Just scrolled through your thread again. Where's the chase bays battery ground? I thought for sure you were going to use that, just because you had it.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Woah! Just scrolled through your thread again. Where's the chase bays battery ground? I thought for sure you were going to use that, just because you had it.
It was too long and didn't really go with the rest of the bay haha. I still have it somewhere though...

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just realized I forgot to post this pic. This is, by far, my favorite shot of the bay so far!

Click on the picture to view it in all its high-res goodness.

I took this picture when I was changing the distributor o-ring. Unfortunately, I still have a small leak on that side of the engine. It's not the VTEC solenoid or cam cap so I'm not sure what it is. Maybe its still the distributor o-ring haha. Either way, its just a small thing that'll be worked out in time. I keep racking the miles on, although I don't have as much time now that school is started. The idle issue has gotten a little better and it'll settle out to 750 after sitting for 15-20 seconds, but it still occasionally acts up. That's all for now!

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good. and damn, I was hoping you figured out the idle issue.........occasionally mine will hold a steady idle. just not sure what else to check.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good. and damn, I was hoping you figured out the idle issue.........occasionally mine will hold a steady idle. just not sure what else to check.
Haha sorry man. To be honest, I really haven't had time to mess around with it too much because I've been so busy lately. Don't worry though, once I find the issue, I'll be sure to post the solution.

*fap fap fap*
:cool:

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey bud I've for a question for you since you've had time to drive it around for a while now...
How are the DX brakes holding up since your temp set up is hawk pads and new rotors, does feel like enough for daily, or do they feel like you lacking in the stopping dept?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey bud I've for a question for you since you've had time to drive it around for a while now...
How are the DX brakes holding up since your temp set up is hawk pads and new rotors, does feel like enough for daily, or do they feel like you lacking in the stopping dept?
Well the plan was to get some Hawk pads and new rotors for the front to hold me over until I install my bigger front brakes, but I ran out of time haha. So right now the brakes are stock DX front and stock Si rear. For a daily, this setup is fine. Driving in town and on the highway they are sufficient for any braking needed (provided you are going the speed limit). I have never gotten to the point of brake fade on a "spirited drive", but I really don't push the car that hard and I definitely don't brake really late for corners. That being said, I would love more powerful brakes. After driving almost any newer car then getting back in the Civic you realize how much better the brakes could be. Again, it's not that the Civic's are bad, its just that there is so much room for improvement.

Hope this helps. Are you trying to figure out your brake setup for when you do the swap?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Word, I rode in Josh's evo 8 and he stopped from 60 in 4 car lengths...

No, not so much I'm trying to see if I can get the most expensive part(the swap) of my build outta the way, and suffice on the CX/DX brakes for now. My plans are integra or Si (hopefully) front and rear with centric front and rear discs, new wheel bearings front and rear, and hawk HP+ front brake pads, with Hawk HPS rear pads. I do plan to park my car. I was just wondering how they felt to you brother man, lol! I'm a little drunk, been playing guitar and blue grass on acoustic, and looking at engine bays on google till the guitar comes back around hahahahaha :rolf:

You the man dood. My band played a show at one of the bars close to Virginia tech one time, it was right beside a tattoo shop.. Awesome show. Love your bay. I'm krunk

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Edited.

Damn I need to lay of the shine man. Sorry.
Hahahah it's all good man. Everyone's got to have a little fun.

That sounds like a solid setup you have planned for the brakes. Trust me when I say this, when you do your swap, do it right. I've done two swaps so far. One was a cheap swap with all craigslist parts and the other one was built with quality parts. One only lasted 300 miles. I'll let you take a guess as to which one it was. If you have any questions at all about what to buy or how to do something, let me know. A B-swap is fairly straightforward, so after two I feel pretty confident I can answer any question about it lol. What is the ETA on your swap?

I have some more stuff to take car of before my car hits the track, but when it's ready I will see you there!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I should start working on getting the motor out and prepping the bay after Christmas, and February is when I plan on ordering the swap from Hmotors, I hope. Tax return should help out alot!

Oh yeah I'll deffinately have questions. I was planning on using a rywire harness and hasport mounts.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I should start working on getting the motor out and prepping the bay after Christmas, and February is when I plan on ordering the swap from Hmotors, I hope. Tax return should help out alot!

Oh yeah I'll deffinately have questions. I was planning on using a rywire harness and hasport mounts.
Sounds great man! I look forward to your swap. Quality parts too.