lotz's build

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
replaced the bulbs on my fogs today. replaced them with 100W h3 replacement bulbs. and also replaced that shitty cardboard stuff in the trunk with some 1/4" plywood. i didnt do the left side because i have a fiberglass speaker box to go there when i get it done.
here you can tell the difference between the 2 bulbs. the one on the left is the new 100W, and the on on the right is the crappy ones that came with it.

and heres the all new.

and heres the trunk floor, will hopefully get my roll of carpet back tomorrow so i can get this done.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got the new led dome light in, is very bright. and also checked out the new fog bulbs, they go quite a bit further than the old ones, and fill out a lot more too. ill try to get some pics tomorrow night and post them up.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got my benen radiator stay and tow hook today. just need to go pick up the hook and put them on later this evening hopefully.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and here are the pics.
thought this looked neat so i took a pick.

and the new dome light. i apolagize for the mess.

and the rear tow hook.

benen radiator stay.

and got the carpet on the new trunk boards.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i should be gettin a type r in may. ill hold off till then. ive got lots of other work to do to it till then. ive got a stack of parts waiting for grandpas shop to free up.l

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and ive been looking around and due to the fact that i am cheap... and broke, i might be making some fender washers for my car next week. i dont feel like spending $16 for a 5 pack from pwjdm. i can get a bag of about 25-50 ss countersink screws from the local hardware store fairly cheap. and i have the roundstock alum. and can just leave them as raw alum for now and maybe anodize them later. any input on this would be welcome. i have the lathe to make them on. and all of the tooling. and nothing but time.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and also cleaned up the engine bay a bit. only the inner fender and radiator support, or whatever its called. no pics, didnt have my camera out there with me.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
heres some before and after shots of cleaning the engine bay. took some pics before i drive it saturday.

and one of the stacks of parts waiting to go on.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have a job now. had my first day of orientation. so should start having some small updates soon. but ill be saving my money for the new coilovers first. should have those in a couple of months.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
congrats on the new job. where you working?

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lawn and garden at lowes. seasonal with possible rollover to permanent at the end of season.

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Love this picture and what a ride! lol
You should really get a front red H badge though to match the rear IMO...
Looks great man!

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
might be painting the front red today actually. depends on how much time i have today after work.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
possibly selling my 17's this weekend. have someone interested in buying them locally. so will probably just buy some new tires for my steelies and rock them for another year. now just need to sell the tires that came off of them. and replacing the brake rotors and wheel studs on fri. if i dont have to work.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i tried to replace my rotors yesterday... but the brembo's they ordered for me at napa where for the abs setup. so ill talk to jerry tomorrow to see if i can swap for the right ones. if not ill be selling them.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
took my blanks back in to napa and replaced them with the proper sized napa premium rotors, and a case of 5w30 and $20 for me. will hopefully get them on tonight and it will stop pulsing and getting hot.