20+ Year Member
my jaw hit the floor and i proceeded to drool for a good half hour

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my jaw hit the floor and i proceeded to drool for a good half hour
:laugh:

There's still a bit of fab work to be done and a decent amount of clean-up to be done. And hopefully next time the lighting will be a little better. Using the camera flash as a fill flash doesn't work as well as i'd hoped :D

The sun was setting right into the bay door giving some really harsh shadows. The fill flash helped a little, but without a proper flash the pictures didn't turn out great. The new motor combination looks pretty damn good in person. Can't wait to see it with the rest of the kit fabbed up and everything cleaned up.

Things slowed down a bit getting the motor together and the shop putting their dyno in. Hopefully things will pick up again now that the motor is back in and the dyno has been installed. I should have more pics or news in the next week or two. Depends on timing and how busy i am at work. I'm also contemplating buying some more parts (minor s**t only, expensive, but minor), so i'll be sure to stop by and let everyone know what's going on.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

There's still a bit of fab work to be done and a decent amount of clean-up to be done. And hopefully next time the lighting will be a little better. Using the camera flash as a fill flash doesn't work as well as i'd hoped :D

The sun was setting right into the bay door giving some really harsh shadows. The fill flash helped a little, but without a proper flash the pictures didn't turn out great. The new motor combination looks pretty damn good in person. Can't wait to see it with the rest of the kit fabbed up and everything cleaned up.

Things slowed down a bit getting the motor together and the shop putting their dyno in. Hopefully things will pick up again now that the motor is back in and the dyno has been installed. I should have more pics or news in the next week or two. Depends on timing and how busy i am at work. I'm also contemplating buying some more parts (minor s**t only, expensive, but minor), so i'll be sure to stop by and let everyone know what's going on.
:word: good to hear there havnt been any more problems!

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What kind of minor but expensive parts are you talking about?
Gauges, bigger injectors, side skirts.

I might be going with some 83lb/hr injectors. The 60's i've got might not be big enough. I'm also looking for a set of 03 cobra side skirts. Nothing very exciting

vjf915-2

Banned
............83lb/hr injectors?????? Thats f**kin ridiculous......
I want to swap an LT1 into my Camaro, and I wanted to build the motor a little bit, I was only going to upgrade to 30lb injectores........

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
............83lb/hr injectors?????? Thats f**kin ridiculous......
I want to swap an LT1 into my Camaro, and I wanted to build the motor a little bit, I was only going to upgrade to 30lb injectores........
75's Would probably work for me as well.

With a turbo car the 60's i've got should theoretically get me to the power level i want, but they would be absolutely maxed out. I'd rather have a bit of a safety factor. Most of the supercharged cars with 60's are running out of injector around the 600-650rwhp range

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol... its also a V8 with a decent sized turbo on it! ;)
That matters how????? I dont know what the stock 4.6 Mustang motor comes with, but Im relatively certain that the LT1 which makes 275hp to the crank has 24lb injectors in it. Just because its a V8 doesnt mean anything. 83lb is still a HUGE injector.

Zinc, youre gas mileage is going to be about 3gpm :lol:

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol... its also a V8 with a decent sized turbo on it! ;)
That matters how????? I dont know what the stock 4.6 Mustang motor comes with, but Im relatively certain that the LT1 which makes 275hp to the crank has 24lb injectors in it. Just because its a V8 doesnt mean anything. 83lb is still a HUGE injector.

Zinc, youre gas mileage is going to be about 3gpm :lol:
okay... so 24lbs @ 275 right... hes going to be making over double the power of that motor with said injectors.

even if they are big, its better to have them on less of a duty cycle. ;)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I know that hes going to be making over double the power, I was just simply saying that regardless of engine size and turbo size.....I still think thats about a ridiculous amount of fuel.

Like I said Zinc, 3gpm :lol:

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know that hes going to be making over double the power, I was just simply saying that regardless of engine size and turbo size.....I still think thats about a ridiculous amount of fuel.

Like I said Zinc, 3gpm :lol:

I was getting about 12-14 mpg with the old turbo setup. Not really sure what to expect for fuel mileage now. Can't imagine it'll be too bad. Off boost economy shouldn't be too horrible.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A few minor things have been done. Intercooling piping should be done next week.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I hope you know that I wasnt mixing up the acronym......I actually mean gallons per mile :lol: