car update - lots of pics!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh.....things are looking pretty good. What else needs to be done and what is the expected finish date?

PNK SLP

5+ Year Member
wow thats insane...im not much of a stang lover..but ur is def one of a kinda. i hope everything works out and i cant wait to see the end and the numbers it puts down. I bet ull break traction through all gears haha, great work ..i love ur stang

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh.....things are looking pretty good. What else needs to be done and what is the expected finish date?
There's a couple page long list of things that still need to get done. Most of it is minor stuff. Finish the intercooling piping and fabricate a coolant reservoir are the biggest. Also need to install gauges and the boost controller. A lot of cleanup also needs to be done. They wanted to get the car back to me before christmas but there is no way that's going to happen. The tuner also closes down from the 23rd to the 2nd so we couldn't get it in to get tuned even if they did happen to finish by then.

wow thats insane...im not much of a stang lover..but ur is def one of a kinda. i hope everything works out and i cant wait to see the end and the numbers it puts down. I bet ull break traction through all gears haha, great work ..i love ur stang
Thanks

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stopped by again earlier this week. Talked about a lot of the s**t that still needs to get done.

We've got a lot of coolers to plumb in and mount (not sure how they're all going to fit). Need an oil cooler, trans cooler, and power steering cooler. If we didn't have a fairly large intercooler in the way it probably wouldn't be too hard, but we're a little lacking for room as it is.

Also decided to go blow-through with the mass air meter. This means the blow-off valve will be venting to atmosphere. :headbang: Should be nice and loud. Ordered the mass air meter and flange a couple days ago.

We also talked about gauges. I'm going with a small rectangular wideband display and three 2 1/16 gauges in the din slot for the old cd player. I'm going to run oil pressure, oil temp, and trans temp. Still trying to figure out what style gauges i want to run, but i'll most likely end up getting the phantom ii set from Autometer. I really like the Defi setup, but with no imperial gauges and no BF series in 2 1/16 i can't run them. (God, i should probably just start making my own blackout gauges).

They were saying they were going to start installing the electronics by this last friday, but i didn't hear anything from them so i don't think they actually did. Hopefully they can wait until the mass air, wideband, and gauges show up to install everything together. I've also got an electronic boost controller that needs to go in.

I should be stopping by the shop again early next week to see some progress and hopefully drop off my parts. Hopefully i'll have a couple pictures and some more details then.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool bro!
one question tho... why do you need a power steering cooler?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damnit man, any idea on when this s**t is going to get done? i know all about projects that end up taking forever because things just keep going wrong.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damnit man, any idea on when this s**t is going to get done? i know all about projects that end up taking forever because things just keep going wrong.
It's getting pretty damn close. I'm hoping to have the car back before the end of January.

Things slowed down considerably once most of the fabrication was done. We had some issues getting parts, assembling things two or three times and the shop was busy getting their dyno installed. Looks like things have started picking back up though.

2000em1978

Banned
You can see it in the pic below. It's the long black tubing hanging below the intercooler.

Anything productive to say or just trying to start s**t?

not starting anything , i havent seen a mustang in a clubcivic forum before. wow, you guys are harsh. haha

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
not starting anything , i havent seen a mustang in a clubcivic forum before. wow, you guys are harsh. haha
No we arent harsh, youre ignorant. Look at his join date. Do you think hes never had a Civic or maybe he used to back when he joined and has since moved up the ladder?

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No we arent harsh, youre ignorant. Look at his join date. Do you think hes never had a Civic or maybe he used to back when he joined and has since moved up the ladder?
But, i really never have had a civic :laugh:

Joined because i was interested in the civic scene and wanted to learn a little something :mrgreen:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dude it doesnt really matter what you drive and what you used to drive. Im relatively certain that the idea of this site is that if you have a Civic and need help you can come here, not that you MUST have a Civic to belong to the site. Honestly, the Civic I drive isnt even mine, I just drive it. MY car is a Camaro :what:

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Forgot to take my camera down today, but things are slowly progressing.

Some of the intercooler piping is finished and in and the rest is mostly fabricated and just needs to be cleaned up and polished. Oil cooler and power steering coolers are both in and fit nicely. Coolant resevoir has been fabricated and also just needs to be cleaned up.

Still waiting for the mass air and gauges. Gauges come in on the 24th and i'll drop them off the following monday when the shop opens back up. Mass air meter is still a no show though. Going to have to call tomorrow and see what's going on with that.

They're saying that it should be started next monday. I don't think it'll happen, maybe the 4th or 5th though.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car was started today. I wasn't there, but it supposedly started right up. No problems at this point.

I guess it idles pretty damn well for not having a tune. I guess it sounds pretty f**king mean though.

Can't f**king wait. I'm excited about this again!

I'm going down monday afternoon to see the progress and how things are going. Shouldn't be long before we go in for a tune. I'm sure there are a few more minor issues to deal with, but the car should be driveable before the end of the month. Then it's off to get the rear end work done and then the paint/body work done.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^I can't f**king wait to see it done and see some dyno pulls man!