1997 DX hatch

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I couldn't be wrong here, but couldn't you just get an OBD1 to OBD2 jumper harness and run an OBD1 ECU...

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
B18c1

Well here is a link to the engine I found.

http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/2541816402.html

It's a really good deal, I'm just not sure about the wiring. Would a 99-00 EM1 harness work with the GSR engine and an OBDII ECU? My main goal is to pass inspection with the new engine, so it must be OBDII.

Also, I removed the rest of the side moldings yesterday in preparation for paint. I was happy to find no rust and the ricer in me wanted to leave the rear stripped, but I decided not to. I need backseats.

Here is everything I found haha:

- bungee cord
- 3/4 wrench
- 28 cents
- a decorative rock
- a bicycle pump valve cap
- 2 random screws
- instructions for jumping a car battery

Nothing too exciting, just thought I'd share.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lips

I finally finished painting the lips and trim. I think it turned out pretty well for being the first thing I ever painted for a car.

(Yes, I know my rear wiper is disgusting, I'm going to paint it this week.)

I think the grill they shipped is for a 99'-00' Civic, because it doesn't fit too well. It looks okay, but I might just take my OEM grill and turn it into a DIY CTR grill.

I wish I had ordered more paint to do the handles, mirrors, and license plate frame. I will probably order some more eventually to finish off the job.

Any suggestions on what to do next? I really want a new engine, but that is financially impossible right now. I need to save the majority of my money for college next year.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that grill is the 96-98 grill. the 99-00 grill is much longer. The fitment issue is due to it being a replica. That front lip is a replica of the 99-00 si/CTR lip instead of the 96-98 CTR lip.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here is everything I found haha:

- bungee cord
- 3/4 wrench
- 28 cents
- a decorative rock
- a bicycle pump valve cap
- 2 random screws
- instructions for jumping a car battery

Nothing too exciting, just thought I'd share.
Ha. Last week I found a 12mm socket I "lost" while replacing exhaust mani bolts. It got stuck on the splash guard and I couldn't rattle it loose. So it sat in there for a few months and now it's all matte finished, looks hilarious in my socket set lol

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that grill is the 96-98 grill. the 99-00 grill is much longer. The fitment issue is due to it being a replica. That front lip is a replica of the 99-00 si/CTR lip instead of the 96-98 CTR lip.
Yeah, the front lip is a 99-00 style that is meant to go on a 96-98 bumper. I prefer the 96-98 lip, but i dont mind this one. Besides, it's just there until I can afford an OEM lip.

Thanks for all the support guys. Any suggestions on what to work on next?

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, the front lip is a 99-00 style that is meant to go on a 96-98 bumper. I prefer the 96-98 lip, but i dont mind this one. Besides, it's just there until I can afford an OEM lip.

Thanks for all the support guys. Any suggestions on what to work on next?
i think some OEM black housing headlights, and an apexi ws2 for a subtle sporty look, itll be quiet when you need it to, but open up an roar when you need it to as well.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah a local member i see, keep up the good work

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id save up and get the suspension all finished up

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update 9-6-11

Majestic Honda order came in the other day. Not much, front license plate mounting hole plugs, AC removal firewall seal, and screws for my side skirts(I had to rip my old ones out when removing them for paint).

Check out that nice paint chip!

Also, I found an RSX Type-S muffler on Craigslist. Should I buy the muffler and pay a shop $85 to custom mount it? Do you think it is worth it, or should I just save my money and eventually get a WSII?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, I found an RSX Type-S muffler on Craigslist. Should I buy the muffler and pay a shop $85 to custom mount it? Do you think it is worth it, or should I just save my money and eventually get a WSII?
i'd save. No point in wasting money when you're just going to replace it again later. Patience is tough, but it's always worth it.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wonder what the inlet diameter is on that

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1.875" inside diameter 02-04
2.1" inside diameter for 05-06

doesn't really matter when the exhaust is already bottle-necked before the muffler. Its oem, so its going to be almost exactly the same as your original muffler. waste of money if you ask me

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i wouldnt get one. no point in running a muffler inlet smaller than the your piping

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I was already leaning towards not buying the muffler and you guys tipped me over the edge haha. My friend with a regular RSX is going to buy it for his.

Does anyone know what this part is (the one he is holding the top of)? This is on my friends RSX and he asked me what it was. I'm not familiar with K-series and couldn't figure it out.