95coupeWI's Swapped Hatch Build

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
You should be good on that setup...... B16's make 500hp on stock motors all day ...... It's pushing it but its possible and has been done..... Block is fine I would just suggest some forged pistons n that's it........ The rest of the oem parts will hold ..... And since you only wanted 3 n some change you will definitely be fine........ For every one else don't sleep on stock motors boosting..... They make power and hold.... Remember that the Honda game came from these trial and errors and now a days it's not hard to get high numbers with out touching the insides.........

Good job

Sub'd

Using the tapa ya tap tap..... Tap
Good info man thanks for sharing. I try and tell people that here locally but they are so set on me blowing my motor because it's not 'built' I'm definately going to look into some pistons and throw a new head gasket on and up the boost a little when summer comes :D

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No problem...... I know it can be done cause I've done it before trial and error.... Make sure you get some head studs though cause if not you will do exactly what I did..... Cracked sleeves 1 and 4 and spit all my coolent straight through the complete exhaust system... Lol....

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"the b16 can make yadda yadda power all day in stock form....then suggest upgraded internals" Either it can handle it stock, or it can't. The b16 needs a little bit of attention internally to do those high numbers day in and day out. It may not require a complete overhaul, but it still shouldn't be overlooked.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"the b16 can make yadda yadda power all day in stock form....then suggest upgraded internals" Either it can handle it stock, or it can't. The b16 needs a little bit of attention internally to do those high numbers day in and day out. It may not require a complete overhaul, but it still shouldn't be overlooked.
agreed

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Yeah like I said, I plan on getting upgraded pistons.. I have ARP's already. I'm getting a stage 4 xtd clutch before, which is rated to a little over 400hp. Which I don't plan on going much over that once the block is ready to go

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good article... that motor made 500HP at the flywheel.. it would make a bit less to the wheels obviously, and IMO would not be what i consider reliable.
and also still not a stock block...important notes:
With a goal of 500 hp, forged pistons become mandatory. While B-series pistons are by no means inferior, cast metal is what it is and just can't put up with the cylinder pressures associated with 500 hp-despite the tuning. Placing confidence in the remainder of the factory components is easy but previous testing has shown that the factory cast P30 pistons tend to fail well before the 500hp mark. A set of Arias pistons were employed and tied to the factory B16A connecting rods. The Arias pistons feature a flat-top design that lowers the compression ratio to 9.0:1.

the idea to use aftermarket head studs was tossed aside and, instead, the factory head bolts that had been through countless torque cycles were used, along with a factory head gasket. Obviously, this is not the way to properly build a serious turbo engine but it goes a long way toward demonstrating just how strong the stock stuff really is

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Yep^ I'd be happy with upgraded pistons and upper 300s. I think that would be reliable. My tuner knows his s**t, so I know he can get everything dialed in timing and air/fuel wise

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to see a video when ur done.... Lol

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Oh I'll have one up.. It might be a little bit before I get a clutch, got some stuff I gotta pay off first

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Well heading home tomorrow, spring break time. Fixing the oil leaks for good, got a new sandwich adapter and drain line. Might be getting a different set of rims Saturday, along with going to 2 local meets so I'll prolly have a few pics of the car then.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Thanks mang, I think it was a good trade.. I plan on spacing the rears and possibly adding some camber just for the hell of it if I can't find another set I like. But there won't be a whole lot of buying going on, gotta pay some s**t off. I should put a video up of a few pulls in the car...

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
recent pic of the car

I've been trying to sell it, but no one has cash around me.. We'll see what happens, car is still pulling hard, spinning through 4th if the clutch grabs lol