apekd's slow build...56k....your safe....this time....>:|

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
true....but like i said the car has many probs still that need to be worked out....you just cant expect it to be perfect the first time around....

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i just thought about it...since we started talking about chaos's boost problems...lets call this thread "Chaos's Christmas Build Up, in apekd's thread"? lol jus kidding...i say go thinner head gasket, and see how it feels from there....and then maybe after that, you try to buy those pistons back?? haha

anyways, i went to u-pull-it again today...spent 8 dollars....got 2 crx hazard light buttons(i think they were a rex, not sure..they were just sitting in it...looks like it should fit in them), fog light button(not sure what car either), the right side sedan mirror(just needs to have the drivers side, and then wire it all up!!!)rear mud flaps, 90-91(i think its a crx) Si cluster, cost me .50 cents haha!, a bunch of other little things....next weekend im goin again and snagging these 3 garrete turbos that i hid under a rim, that in turn i put under a car that just got there....so i have around a month till they would find em...he he he he he.....and i also got the odometer on that cluster to rooooooooll back to 000000.0 lol, took some time, but hey it was worth it, i think ill make a real write up on it...since the ED/EF clusters are not so much different than the others just by two little clips.....well..when i get home from the girlfriends house ill have pics up from today....oh yeah....ill sell and ship a turbo to anyone.....anyone want one?? lol

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you know its illeagal to roll back a ODM

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you know its illeagal to roll back a ODM
you know i dont care? lol im not putting it inyo my car, im sellin it to my buddy...i just wanted to see if i can get the odm to roll back....and i did, lol so when he gets it he will have to change it lol

heres the pics from today, the fogs look weird for some reason, but i dunno why, im buying new bulbs that are brighter, but im thinking of gettting the HID bulbs for it

and showing off the new mirror:

i should have the wiring for the mirror done next week...im making a new harness for it from the diagram in the Dealership Repair Manual...should take a bit of time...but i should get it done....it would be tight if the connectors were all there....but nnooooooooo0ooo....lol

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get some side pics of the car....and take the pics in a BRIGHT place
haha well it'll wait till i have a whole day off to mess around...tonight ill start making the wire harness and on sunday ill try to find another mirror and try to get the harness to fit right.

would anyone on here really like a DIY thread?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why do you need PWR mirrors.

not like you have to adjust mirrors alot, seems like a waste of time when you could be putting your time to better use

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why do you need PWR mirrors.

not like you have to adjust mirrors alot, seems like a waste of time when you could be putting your time to better use
for starters i dont like having that stupid adjuster sticking out....it looks ugly...and second....mainly for school. i have to draw a wiring diagram for a part on my car...and then re-produce it....so i thought...why not? easy enough really. and besides, the only better thing i could be using my time with is sleepin or workin....and frankly....i dont wanna work..and im never really tired...so ill just do this..

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would work all i can, you will need the money for that 250whp NA LS.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the thing about work is that since im in a program at school that allows me to work there, i cannot work over time unless its to make up for hours i wont be there for in later days....i tried to get the 6 day week all 8 till 7...but they said no...only 40 hours a week...but ill sneak in a few over times....what my boss doesn't know wont hurt him...lol

to i got the fogs working....again....the switch i had blew....found out that its only good for a short time i guess...stupid pilot automotive...suck ass switches...lol...but im lucky to have many more sitting here...and i tried to work on the OEM fog light switch.....keeps getting stuck in the on position....cant find out why...so im just gonna sell it...many people are looking for them since they snap right in

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so everyone has to guess what i picked up today...heres the hint:

its got 2 filiments
4 wires
2 metal boxes
and retails at 100 to 400 dollars
most states want it to be illegal
oh, i got it for free by the way

the first person to get it right....gets a prize!

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol well yeah...and your prize is.........

you get to pat yourself on the back

i dont think they are overrated...hell..they were free...if anything...im grateful that i have them....i just took it for a drive...i can see the road now....lol

heres some pics and a quick walk around....i think they are nice as f**k

the first one i got to work....had to cut a lot off of the plastic of the bulbs to make em fit....grrr

yea! they both work now!

and the quick vid..dont mind the talking..if you hear it...its me on the phone with my girlfriend

i hope that these last a while...as i cut the wires for the low beams for this to work..lol....but soon i hope to have better pics up...these were from the point and shoot cam

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what K is the hids? like 6000? 8000? 10000?
truth be told, i have no clue. they dont have a stamp or anything like that on them. But i know they are blueish white. i like em, but i really want to get the purplish ones. my cousins EG looks sick with them on. and now i have to make sure the bulbs stay in as i jimmy rigged the bulbs to fit....but im not sure if they will stay in place too long.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5000k-7000k give you most light on the road, above that its more color then light.
thanks..i actually read both those and other threads last night. Im thinking of getting the bulbs out of an acura TL type S....(very sick car btw...i want to steal the one here at work)...they come with i think 7k's stock. and the great thing about them is that they fit without modification...or a lot atleast...mine took 30 to 40 min for the first one...and then around 35 for the second one...they just didnt want to work out....so i forced them to work lol

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think the bulbs will make it change, do belive its all in teh ballist

if i didn thave these stupid projector headlights i would do 6000k HID, nice pure white light