cash for clunkers helps the likes of Honda/Toyota more thAn Ford/CheVy

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummm ok so I already spoke with them, they gave me a choice, either I get $1000 cash or $5000 down towards a newer car....so year I am getting money that i wouldn't normally have to put a down on a car...

YES I AM!!! LOL.
Your taxes will pick up the extra slack. So once again, no you're not:lol:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol...i think the only reason my car has been accepted is because in the state of CALIFORNIA emission law is STRICT. my car has failed a few times before in emissions. i forgot what they call it...
so i think that's why my car qualifies for this.
Per all the rules that are supposed to govern this stimulant, your car should not in any way be accepted. This just shows the lack of oversight int he program.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
should not...but, again, i could care less what the program lacks or not lack...they took my car and i'm getting a Chevy Colorado/Silverado. so really, i could care less. they might need to look into that more, but as for me...i don't care, they took my ride lol

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does this surprise anyone? japanese-made trucks and suvs suck. they can make a hell of a car but when it comes to V8's they cant compete with the big 3. this cash for clunkers thing is such a waste of money. if someone cant afford putting gas in their car they shouldnt have bought it in the first place.
rofl

ignorance is bliss

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
should not...but, again, i could care less what the program lacks or not lack...they took my car and i'm getting a Chevy Colorado/Silverado. so really, i could care less. they might need to look into that more, but as for me...i don't care, they took my ride lol
get a silverado and post pics when you do

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Lookiing at the fuel ratings, he should owe them 5000.00 for trading his supposed clunker in, since the slivarado gets less gas mileage rating then the civic, which would make him not even qualify for the CARS program, i'm shocked that they would say more then 4500.00 which is the limit to give. Doesn't matter if he's in California, it's a federal program, not going to vary from state to state.

I call B.S. till i see proof of said transaction.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lookiing at the fuel ratings, he should owe them 5000.00 for trading his supposed clunker in, since the slivarado gets less gas mileage rating then the civic, which would make him not even qualify for the CARS program, i'm shocked that they would say more then 4500.00 which is the limit to give. Doesn't matter if he's in California, it's a federal program, not going to vary from state to state.

I call B.S. till i see proof of said transaction.
thats what im saying. if he thinks his civic is a clunker, hes gonna love putting gas in a V8.

MidnightCivicEX

EK Ferio WIP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does this surprise anyone? japanese-made trucks and suvs suck. they can make a hell of a car but when it comes to V8's they cant compete with the big 3.
how about the original straight up Toyota Pickup? prettty much runs forever...

the new Toyota Tundra??

4-runner? pathfinder? land cruiser????

even still... whats your definition of suck?

cause all of the japo trucks and suvs that i know of have always ran a lot longer and further than the american trucks...

MidnightCivicEX

EK Ferio WIP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and to go on about the actual Cash for Clunkers program...

our economy sucks... cause of people in debt...

so lets lure them into financing cars, cause obviously most people dont have the money to buy a brand new car, and eventually go further into debt...

sounds like a great plan to me... let me just go pack the handbasket as we head to hell...

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would rather get the silverado also. but i'm not gonna use it for major hauling. i just want a bed for camping and when i go snowboarding to throw my gears in the back and not get the interior dirty, like when i had my Tahoe.

but I did see an extended cab Silverado SS for $15grand with 67k. not too bad. i would roll with that

I would get a tundra, just too damn expensive. and the nissan also. my boy bought a v6 and it's $27k. i think i'll stick with Chevy or if Ford f150 comes along too.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would rather get the silverado also. but i'm not gonna use it for major hauling. i just want a bed for camping and when i go snowboarding to throw my gears in the back and not get the interior dirty, like when i had my Tahoe.

but I did see an extended cab Silverado SS for $15grand with 67k. not too bad. i would roll with that

I would get a tundra, just too damn expensive. and the nissan also. my boy bought a v6 and it's $27k. i think i'll stick with Chevy or if Ford f150 comes along too.
$15 for 67k isnt too bad. i wouldnt want an extended cab though. id get a crew cab, which even though they only have like a foot more of space in the cab raises the value of the truck ridiculously. i think its just about demand because a truck looks alot better with the full 4 doors. extended cabs are still cool though, just dont get a regular cab whatever you do.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how about the original straight up Toyota Pickup? prettty much runs forever...

the new Toyota Tundra??

4-runner? pathfinder? land cruiser????

even still... whats your definition of suck?

cause all of the japo trucks and suvs that i know of have always ran a lot longer and further than the american trucks...
yeah, i know they run forever. thats what i said. but in terms of power and towing capacity they cant compete with american made trucks. mainly because japs dont make diesels, but even the gas ones are less powerful than american gassers.

EDIT: american trucks can run just as long if the owner knows how to take care of them. theres a guy on youtube with an f-350 that has 700,000 miles on the original engine. there was also a really old chevy pickup that had over a million miles on it. it was on the news lol

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree with the crew cab...i, too, would rather have a crew cab silverado, but the price that I've been seeing out there around my area isn't in my price range. and i think that's why i would rather have a Colorado. I found one with 59k miles and it's a 3.5L (i wish they started making a 5.3 in the older models), for $12grand ($11988 to be exact).

I have $4300 saved up and this cash for clunker will be an addition to it, but stil don't want to up my price range. The less payment the better for me.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't mind jumping on this; but I suck and don't qualify at the moment...

2 cars I have...

1990 Honda Civic DX 1.5 5-speed Manual... Doesn't qualify cause I get a hell of a lot more than 18 miles per gallon with this... Wish it did, but it doesn't...

1993 Acura Legend LS 3.2 Automatic... It is at the cusp of 18/19 miles per gallon so I possibly could get it to qualify, but I know it won't because I haven't had it for atleast a year... I bought it Dec 11, 2008 and registered it and got my plates in March 2009...

I really don't have the heart to know I sent my Legend in to get the lethal injection anyway...

The 90 Civic DX would be gone in a heartbeat for a new civic if it qualified...

Any thoughts? anyway to take advantage of this or do I just sit and pout and watch my tax money go to work?...

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my parents just signed a deal to get a new car. Step dad has a 98 GMC Sierra truck. They got a 2010 Toyota Corolla S.

Car salesman tried to sell them a car that was already sold. (he didn't know, there was no sign, and i guess he was cussing also lol) So they are shipping one out from Cali to here in Ohio for us, getting custom leather put in and s**t. It's white with black leather, and a big "S" stitched into the seats.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Was already posted, wasn't real, probably just hacked.
it was posted, it is real (not hacked), you just keep skipping the part where it says it's the dealerships login site, not the consumer end site.

if you'd like the in and outs of where beck was right/wrong, this site does a good job of explaining it
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/08/cars-gov-terms-service

While this language was accessible only by registered dealers, and not the public (and has apparently now been removed), it nevertheless is a shocking example of the kind of problems that can come with click-through agreements written by faceless lawyers and basically imposed on the rest of us. No one should ever try to force you to "agree" that accessing a government website turns your computer into a government computer or gives up your privacy rights in the other contents of your computer.
Clicking "continue" on a poorly worded Terms of Service on a government site will not give the government the ability to "tap into your system... any time they want." The seizure of the personal and private information stored on your computer through a one-sided click-through terms of service is not “conscionable” as lawyers say, and would not be enforceable even if the cars.gov website was capable of doing it, which we seriously doubt. Moreover, the law has long forbidden the government from requiring you to give up unrelated constitutional rights (here the 4th Amendment right to be free from search and seizure) as a condition of receiving discretionary government benefits like participation in the Cars for Clunkers program.