CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Generally speaking there's nothing wrong with having parts manufactured and/or imported from other countries. In all honesty I would do the same if I were ASR because cost of production will decrease and keep them in business and making profits. It's a smart business decision. That's not to say the quality suffers. What's most important is the engineering behind it. Using the right design, materials, grades, tolerances, etc.. What a lot of these companies do is engineer them, send the specs/blueprints overseas to have them manufactured and they sell them here. It's common and I know many other highly reputable afternkarket parts do it.

Blox on the other hand is garbage. I speak from personal experience using and seeing their products. Sure some of their stuff might work but when comparing them to ASR, they are far behind..
I agree with you but also would like to I want to add to this.

Inspection and assembly are just as important as Engineering. The assemblers are the last people to touch that part before it reaches your door step. They are the last resort to catch a problem before it hits the shelves. You give them inaccurate assembly drawings or assembly knowledge period, there goes a bad product out the door.

Inspection will tell you whether your product that's being made Overseas really is to spec according to your USA made engineering drawing. Inspection will find out if the Overseas Supplier are really making your parts to Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Forge 316, Inconel, or whatever material it is that you told them to use and not just some other material the foundry decides to use. Aside from material verification they will tell you if the part passes a dimensional report and other inspection reports that don't necessary have to do with dimensions, like surface finishes.

Some of these "tunner" companies probably don't even have the finical ability to support such departments, therefor when you miss out on these crucial departments you give the consumer a product that is of low quality. Who takes the blame? The company selling you that product of course, and then China. IMO When working with overseas supplier there needs to be control over them and great communication.

Imagine : when you start coping "knock off" parts.. you better pray to god that knock off part is perfect. Why do people even make copies of parts? IDK really, but i would think is because since all the hard work is done (I'm talking about successful parts companies) others look at it as a way to make a quick dollar here and there.

OR... Maybe this up and coming company is for no-profit and They want to be very generous and give the public the option to send 400$ instead of 1000$.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Rear looks good, glad you didn't put a beaks bar too. It's just silly seeing it with a brace. That's sufficient enough.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rear looks good, glad you didn't put a beaks bar too. It's just silly seeing it with a brace. That's sufficient enough.
I don't have anything against a tie bar that is designed well, beaks is a terrible design. A tie bar is a very minor increase to rigidity... but worthy enough to a standard part on the ek9 civic type r and dc2 integra type r for example. I wouldn't discredit the function or purpose of a part just because they're bad examples in use.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha! It's Petey!

Got some new fancy for no reason washers from downstar today. They are meant for the rear LCAs. I'll get pics up while most people are asleep.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Me too, I don't like to sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool, :cool: The groove on them, what's that for?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey! This thread moves so fast I don't have time to read the last 54 pages, but I was wondering how you like the 24mm sway bar? Do you have just the rear or are you running a front too?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool, :cool: The groove on them, what's that for?
the main thing is just to separate them from other people who decided to start selling bolts and beauty washers. Frank "downstar" has been focusing on doing everything even better or adding little touches lately.

kerry looks saucy. im still hooked [even if you spend silly money on trinkets ;)]
thanks man. I get carried away with things, but I like having little things to tinker with lol

Hey! This thread moves so fast I don't have time to read the last 54 pages, but I was wondering how you like the 24mm sway bar? Do you have just the rear or are you running a front too?
I love the rear sway, it was a dramatic change to the handling. Im running a 22mm front sway with the 24mm rear. Feels great. What im not liking currently is my wheel setup since I have basically 0 camber in the rear and the wheels are more inboard than I prefer. Id say to get the rear sway if you're interested along with a front one if you dont have one. Just guessing, but I think this rear sway alone would be a bit too much oversteer

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love the rear sway, it was a dramatic change to the handling. Im running a 22mm front sway with the 24mm rear. Feels great. What im not liking currently is my wheel setup since I have basically 0 camber in the rear and the wheels are more inboard than I prefer. Id say to get the rear sway if you're interested along with a front one if you dont have one. Just guessing, but I think this rear sway alone would be a bit too much oversteer
That's awesome, because I was looking at that same one. I was thinking about doing a 24mm front (I was talking to a guy that time trials his EG hatch, but since the chassis are different I didn't know if that would work the same for mine). What's super irritating is that I am wanting to keep the Civic now and do time trials with it every once in a while, since I have a bike and a daily now... :roll: I hate my fickleness sometimes.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's awesome, because I was looking at that same one. I was thinking about doing a 24mm front (I was talking to a guy that time trials his EG hatch, but since the chassis are different I didn't know if that would work the same for mine). What's super irritating is that I am wanting to keep the Civic now and do time trials with it every once in a while, since I have a bike and a daily now... :roll: I hate my fickleness sometimes.
The over steer would be dependent on the other suspension mods, alignment and tire setup. Also driver preference. On my '91 Si I removed the stock front bar, have an adjustable 22mm rear bar and (had) a 450/550 spring rate, with an aggressive alignment setup and tire pressures set all to induce over steer. For some it's too much(they end up spinning when driving my car lol) but for me it is exactly what I liked and I never had an issue. If you're thinking about time trials you should go out with the car as is to use as a baseline before modifying. You can easily waste hundreds to thousands if you mod first then change your mind after you really understand your car and what you want out of it on the track.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The over steer would be dependent on the other suspension mods, alignment and tire setup. Also driver preference. On my '91 Si I removed the stock front bar, have an adjustable 22mm rear bar and (had) a 450/550 spring rate, with an aggressive alignment setup and tire pressures set all to induce over steer. For some it's too much(they end up spinning when driving my car lol) but for me it is exactly what I liked and I never had an issue. If you're thinking about time trials you should go out with the car as is to use as a baseline before modifying. You can easily waste hundreds to thousands if you mod first then change your mind after you really understand your car and what you want out of it on the track.
That makes perfect sense to run it before I mod, and see what I would like to change. At the same time I'm researching on very common simple mods to do (i.e. the 24mm sway).

But you are right.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
This thread is MOVING, Everytime I hop on clubcivic there's 2-3 more pages. I can't keep up! I feel like I might have missed alot

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I always explore what the car does as is before making a change that I feel I want/need. I'm not on a track but my play roads is where I test everything out. Once I get used to this setup I'll adjust the rear sway if I feel the need. My biggest conflict is visual appearance and performance. So I'm trying to find my happy medium.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I always explore what the car does as is before making a change that I feel I want/need. I'm not on a track but my play roads is where I test everything out. Once I get used to this setup I'll adjust the rear sway if I feel the need. My biggest conflict is visual appearance and performance. So I'm trying to find my happy medium.
Ahhh.... you're making me miss my car.