Dominck's Return....In a FA5

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Found out what is wrong with the car because of the curb accident.

I brought it to a local tuning/alignment shop the other day, and this is what they found out.

The subframe was bent and causing about a degree of caster. Also, they narrowed the positive camber problem down to two possible areas. One, is the steering knuckle. It could be bent a tad and causing the wheel to sit off. Two, the wheel hub is bent and the bearing is shot. Both need to be replaced, but its either one at a time to try and gamble not having to buy the other part, or get them both replaced and play it safe.

After looking on Majestic Honda, I've got the total amount of all the parts to be a tad under $300. I'm pretty sure, putting a steering knuckle on is pretty self explanatory. But how hard is it to replace a wheel hub and especially a bearing? If anything, I don't mind having the same shop put in the parts for me, but I'm just curious.
Hub and bearing have to be pressed out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:wstupid:

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
....UPDATE?

Ordered:

-Front Right Steering Knuckle
-Front Wheel Hub Assembly
-Front Wheel Bearing
-Wheel Bearing O Clip
-PMM Touch Up Paint

Hopefully, everything will get here soon. Then, because I don't have a bearing press, I need to bring it to a shop to get the old and new pressed. But my God, I hope to hell that this fixes my car.

In addition, I sold my old shift knob, been rocking the OEM one for a while. Getting tired of it. Ordered a Delrin knob from a site and hopefully it will be here soon.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whyyyyyyyyy

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whyyyyyyyyy

The car is on my last nerve. I've had enough of it.

Can't wait to see what you decide to do when it comes to the racecar.
Thank you man. Only time will tell which and what car is going to be the "racecar."

Well, since I put the car up on the first, I've gotten a few offers. Mainly 10k in cash......Nope. You pay what I ask, or you get to steppin...foo.

Anyways, the new bearing, is pressed in backwards.....:thumbup: It is causing my ABS and traction control to turn off, so not the biggest deal. Until I can get what I'm asking for, then i will continue to keep the car. But I do not think that I will continue buying parts for it. Thinking of solely saving for that EM1 shell that is eluding me so much.

In the mean time, its getting closer to that time where I put the Buddy Clubs back on and hug the ground again.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Who the hell put the bearing in backwards?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"honda mechanic," granted, neither of us knew that there was a magnetic side to the bearing.
Yeah, they have a contact ring for the abs wheel sensor. That's why the abs wasn't working lol

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, they have a contact ring for the abs wheel sensor. That's why the abs wasn't working lol

Thanks for telling me sooner! Geez.

:slapslap:

Put the Buddy Clubs in yesterday.

Got them all dialed in today. Pic to show up tomorrow.

That is all.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbs up

Gorgeous. Even better to drive it. Mmm dat KVtec.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:thumbs up

Gorgeous. Even better to drive it. Mmm dat KVtec.
Nom nom nom!

Final result. I find that the rear's are too bouncy, and that different terrain's make my front tires rub. So, my plan is to tighten the front springs, and have a stiffer setup. While for the rears, I'm going to experiment by removing both collars on the spring seat. That will make the spring loosen a tad and hopefully relieve some stress on the rear springs.

Hopefully it works.