EJ1SWAG's 95 EJ1 Build/Project

EJ1SWAG

looking to get my stock wheels powder coated to change it up a bit. I'm kinda torn between a dark metallic purple or something similar to J's racing teal. What do you guys think?

EJ1SWAG

So a friend of a friend offered me 3k more than I paid for the DC5. If I can find an s2k for the right price by the time she sells her car I might just do it. I've been wanting another AP1 because I miss my old one very much. Thoughts?

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They do look nicer. ^^ Either one is fine they both look good. I'd take up on the extra 3 gs.

EJ1SWAG

There's just something about the ap1 that I like better. It's just a more raw driving experience in my opinion. Plus taking them to 9k is always fun lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rays engineering is pretty close. They look blue-ish, but fade to teal

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
icb motorsports
jhpusa
evasive motorsports
inlinefour
...pretty much anyone who actually sells rays engineering lug nuts will be just fine. I don't see many changes in pricing for those

EJ1SWAG

so i've noticed a strange rattle coming from my rear coilover on the driver side. Theyre racelands by the way. i took out the rear paneling to get to the top of the coilover and i found that the piston rod is pushing all the way through. When I lift up the car it goes back down but the rubber bushing gets bunched up. I found a thread on 7th gens site but it wouldn't open up. here is a link to the picture from that thread that looks exactly like what i have happening on my rsx. Any ideas?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2cy5h55&s=3

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Take the coils out and check the bushing on the under side of the top black part of the coilover

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
I'm not sure if you can buy them out right.. Might have to contact raceland, they will prolly send you some new ones if you complain lol

EJ1SWAG

Weather here in Oregon finally cleared up. It was actually nice and sunny today. Took the opportunity to wash my car and take some pics. Also figured out my suspension problem. I forget to install some washers inside the top hats before I installed the coilovers. The ride is so much better now!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad u got it figured out!

Car looks good.