EJ1SWAG's 95 EJ1 Build/Project

EJ1SWAG

So a guy offered me a straight trade for his 06 350z enthusiast edition. Only 76k miiles and stock besides some wheels. What do you guys think. I've been wanting to get another S2000 lately but maybe this could be a good step to getting another or maybe i'll like it more. Thoughts?

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My next car would be a 350 if I could get a loan. I say go for it. With borla or Fuji exhaust

EJ1SWAG

I've been having issues with my front suspension. After I installed my raceland coils ive noticed a deep creaking/binding noise when I turn my wheel while stopped or at very low speeds. Definitely not a clicking noise from a bad axle. I've read about the top strut bearings possibly causing a similar noise and it makes sense since I had to reuse them from my OEM setup. What do you guys think?

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
I should also mention its coming from both sides
That noise coming from your car may be bad lower ball joints. They commonly grind or screech at low speeds when turning your wheels. They're also not very expensive, so it may be a good idea to replace them.

EJ1SWAG

It sounds like a deep creak/spring binding noise. I checked and made sure everything was tight but still can't figure it our

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check all your ball joints, an your control arms.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Mine is making the same noises after installing my GC/AGX setup. Just bought Junk2 upper control arms and brand new lower control arms with MOOG ball joints. I figured when I dropped it all the bushings would start showing their age.

EJ1SWAG

I read a few threads on a 7th gen forum and the guy said he replaced the strut upper bearings. I'm gonna go with that first since theyre only 20 bucks a piece

EJ1SWAG

Yep it was the strut mount bearings. Changed them out and greased them up really well and no more noise lol. What a difference lol

EJ1SWAG

Its been a minute since I've posted lol.

Finally replaced the axle seal on the tranny side. Hopefully that takes care of the leak. Got under the car and did my best to degrease everything so I can check back later for any signs of a leak.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good. I want an rsx

Sent from my Nexus 7