EJ6 Turbo Build

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Well fenders are installed along with the hood. However issue with hood being closed flus they are hitting damper Friday exhaust should bedone so Friday orsaturday I should have her

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any pictures to go with updates?!

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Hood looks sweet. Thats the only non-OEM hood I think I would ever get. Good progress:thumbs up:

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Well thanks. I know some people wont likr the fact im not going all OEM but its ok they arent driving the car second I know that my motor will make up for any rice comments

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
like the car

I have to mention your drain tube on your 30r, I feel like it doesnt have enough angle to let the oil drain properly. Idk just something I would watch for

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Got some more pictures from last night can see problem with aftermarket fenders

Drivers side gap

Passenger side

Can see hood damper in this one

Will be getting fenders fixed to be flush more pics of hood sitting later

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats what you get for buying cheap crappy after market fenders. i would go back to oem

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I never had OEM lol. I couldnt find any decent at junk yard either so decided to go withduraflex. I know someone who is awesome with fiberglass so problem can be fixed

Decipher

Registered VIP
I never had OEM lol. I couldnt find any decent at junk yard either so decided to go withduraflex. I know someone who is awesome with fiberglass so problem can be fixed
I hope they're awesome enough to cover up those giant useless vents. I was really inspired by this build until now. The hood and the fenders killed it for me. But if you're happy with it... :???:

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I hope they're awesome enough to cover up those giant useless vents. I was really inspired by this build until now. The hood and the fenders killed it for me. But if you're happy with it... :???:
Im happy. I actually do have plan for one vent. I put it like this everyone is going all OEM why look like every other car out their. I like alot of things OEM however I dont feel like paying an arm and a leg for some mint condition recaros or some steering wheel or even exhaust that is all super rare ot expensive ad all get out. Yes I may get the ohh its a ricer. However thats the reason im making my car this way so when I have some stock mustang or Camaro pull up beside me and I wax them they look retarded. I will make this car flush dont worry about the gaps or my choice in body parts. Its not a car to be li kw d for apperance to all. You cannever pleasr the whole mass. I rather fo it my own way. I hope everyone respects my views on this matter. Im still welcome for all comments. Thanks

hades1186

are those fenders from duraflex then because i was gonna buy parts from them and if there sizing is off well i wont.

Decipher

Registered VIP
I was just throwing my 2cents at you, man. No disrespect intended. We all have different opinions and styles and when you follow the work somebody's doing you formulate an idea and invest interest in the product...

I would liken the sentiments in my comment to what you might say in your head about a favorite music band you listen to. If you've really liked all of their songs, until one day they release a single and you don't recognize it, you really can't appreciate it or you just flat out don't like it... you might think "I wish they hadn't wrote that" or "it should sound like this".

I think your work on the engine bay, the paint and the motor have been really good so far. Keep at it man, and don't let anyone's opinions on here stop you from doing... you.