EJ8 Turbo Build

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
some updates:

downpipe done, turned the head, moved the o2 sensor, and lengthened the down part. Finally done.

tapped oil pan.

wrapped the part of the downpipe that will be in the bay

downpipe mounted up

Bay shot, oh, and I wrapped the intake pipe

Bay shot, again.

Bay shot....again. lol

Center console back together, with a new shift knob than originally planned. It has a nice JDM leaf on it.

A little polishing work done on the manifold

Sorry, I know, this build is taking FOREVER. I am in college and can only work on it in the summer and even then I am moving into a new house little by little, working 40hr a week, and lifting over 25+ hr per week, not to mention trying to have a social life, lolz. So, I really have very limited time to work on it.

I am hoping to have it at least running if not tuned by Aug 26th, there's a car show in my hometown called "Hondas With Heart". Anyone in the Sioux Falls, SD area should come out, see all the clean Hondas around this area, as well as meet myself! :D

Here's the facebook event if you have facebook :

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=220123668028336

Should be more updates this wednesday, possibly including:
intake manifold swapped
vaccuum lines finished
oil lines run
base map put on and maybe plugged in
hangers onto muffler
homemade test pipe.

Because the above ^^ is really all I have left. WOOOOT GETTING CLOSE! PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS, LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New pics and videos coming very soon!

Yesterday I found out that I apparently have the wrong ecu conversion harness. I have a obd2a-obd1 harness and need a obd2b-obd1 harness. I knew this was the one I needed, but didn't realize that I had the wrong one until last night I couldn't get the ecu to read on the computer. Then realized that some of the wire were going to nothing! Looks like someone on honda-tech sold me the wrong part. lol. Whatevs. So, I ordered the new one and it should be here soon. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I put in the auto ecu and started it, and DAM it sounded MEAN!

Things done since last pics:
- front tow hook installed
- fenders, bumpers, hood, headlights, etc put on
- oil feed line run
- oil drain line run
- boost gauge done
- oil press. gauge done

Things left to do:
- new harness then basemap on ecu
- wide rearview mirror
- license plate relocater ( rather than the cheap zip tie job I have now )
- finish exhaust ( If not, I'll just run off downpipe for a bit, lol )
- street tune

Also thinking of getting some new wheels, thinking some hx's because a friend in town is offering his white ones with tires for 300$

Here's some pics!

I'm selling that mugen lip and getting one of the small rubber lips instead. Keeping her clean. :D

Also, a friend of mine has a video of it starting with the auto ecu in. If I can get that from him I will upload that as well. ALSO, a friend of mine is a graphic design major and him and I are going to make a badass music video when she's done.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I cant believe nobody replied to your last post!

Car is looking good! Good luck and merry Christmas!

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I cant believe nobody replied to your last post!

Car is looking good! Good luck and merry Christmas!
Thanks man! Keep posted. Next week I should have this stuff done:
- legit license plate relocater
- maybe wheels...mmaaaayyybbbeeee
- wide rearview mirror
- the right ecu harness

And hopefully some legit vids of her on the road!

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I drove it around a little lastnight.

Everything seems great.

It's alive and driveable!!!
Next on the list:
1. Put in the new 750cc injectors
2. Put in the walboro 255h fuel pump
3. Tune at excessive on e85.
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!!!11!!!

But this next weekend I will take it out and just get a feel for it, probably not run any boost, but just get a feel for it again.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, she's out and about.

I HAVE A TUNE DATE : July 5th! So, stay tuned for that. I'm hoping for something around 200-220whp, which I don't think is asking too much. Considering my y8 is a factory beast and has been well taken care of. Also, I don't cheap out on any parts, so I know they won't give out before the engine.

Things left before tune:
- ground some stuff so my boost gauge and oil gauge work right. ( my soldering iron just came in the mail! yay! )
- touch up the white paint on the wheels
- shave and paint white the valve cover - I already did this, but haven't taken pics yet. lol.
- put in injectors : RCC 750s!
- put in e85 and the walbro 255h fuel pump
- Waiting anxiously until the tune date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here she sits now:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Neato

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Neato

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!
Ha, thanks dude.

Nice man thanks gonna be fun to play with
Thanks man, and yes hella fun. I will post prolly a vid and pics after next Thursday's tune and see where she's sitting. I have a friend with a y8 turbo and he made 220whp, and he gave me a ride in it, and it was HELLA QUICK. So, I'd be happy actually with anything over 200whp.

facking awsome man, its been a long journey huh?
Yes, yes it certainly has. This build isn't done though, I want lots of suspension work, tucked bay, and also going to start fully building a y8 block outside of the car and when it's done drop it in, and shoot for 500+ But for now, this will be fun. ha.

I took some new pics the other night after shaving and painting the VC white. Also, touched up the paint on the wheels. Also, grounded my gauges so they are working and look really nice on the bezels.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Tonight ( Sunday the 1st ) I'm planning on getting the fuel pump and some e85 in her.

I put in the RC 750s in on Friday night, but I couldn't get it to start, I was having trouble tuning the Hondata for it. I'm a noob with that software.

Tune is scheduled for Thursday the 5th on e85. I'm hoping for somewhere around 200whp or a little over. Anything around 200whp would keep me happy, and with this setup I don't think it should be too hard to achieve.

Edit ( 7-2 ).
- My passenger side skirt fell off and got ran over a few times, and now doesn't fit back on. I am in search of a new one.
- I got the fuel pump in tonight, and it seemed like everything went well, it was a super easy job since my back seats were already out. I'm thinking it worked because I heard it prime when I turned the key.
- I couldn't get it to start, I pulled the plugs out and they were wet, it's flooded. So I'm keeping the plugs out and trying again tomorrow night. If I cannot start it by Thursday, it'll be a tow to the shop for the tune, ha.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some updates!
- Just got OEM mudflaps, will put them on this week with some new pictures
- I fixed an oil leak on the oil drain line from the turbo.
- I don't know how fast she'll go, but it maxes out the spedometer... >130mph, lol.

It's hella fun to cruise in.

My dyno chart only put me 175whp at 5500rpm. My guy that was tuning it told me my muffler is super quiet and that is probably what is holding me back. So, I'm running off the downpipe right now and she sounds sick, as well as now making around 220whp at about 7000rpm.

Next plans :

1 : Put the oem mudlfaps on.
2 : LCAs ( not sure which ones to get )
3 : ASR rear subfram brace
4 : powder coat the HXs, white
5 : fix a couple little bumps and scratches.

I'll probably put a video of my dyno run here in a bit.

Pic for you all! Plenty of more to come.

Also : the HKS sounds AMAZING!

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Way to stick with, homes. Awesome.
Hey man, thanks. The real challenge is to keep something like this going while also working out each day, having a full time job, full time student, and also paying for school. But I am still getting her better all the time, it just takes a little time, and patience.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Function 7 lca is a must. Really the only lca that is better then OEM IMO.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Function 7 lca is a must. Really the only lca that is better then OEM IMO.
Yea, I've heard those are best. But, they also seem like the most expensive. I guess I really haven't understood the advantage of ever changing LCA's other than appearance reasons. I honestly think some nice polished LCA's of any kind like Skunk2, Blackworks, whatever really looks cleaner than stock. But, I'll do some looking into it and I'll be ordering a subframe brace, LCAs and maybe even a tie bar too.

Pics of the mudflaps coming very soon!

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

I'm thinking very soon:
silver/polished ASR subframe brace
silve/polished LCAs
WHITE beaks tie bar ( not 100% sure on this one yet, I know it's not applicable but I do somehwhat like the look of it )

Also : Looking at possibly getting a new front bumper and paint it, as this one has foglight bezels, and the fogs don't fit with the intercooler piping.