EJ8 Turbo Build

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I know "real" "JDM" wheels would be nice and give me bragging rights. lol. Buuut the guy isn't getting ahold of me now, so does anyone have any ideas for wheels?

Also comment/concerns/compliments about the build is appreciated. This is my first build ever BTW.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kosei K1s, Enkei rpf1s, Buddy club p1s

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just saw this build i like it so far. goodluck with the rest of it

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I really couldn't get ahold of the guy with the Bluefox wheels so last night I happened to run into the guy with the Trak R's, he said he'd sell me those wheels for 400 with tires as soon as he gets new wheels for himself. So, it looks like I'm going to be getting polished trak R's. Maybe I'll get real cpr's someday, who knows. Or maybe the bluefox's down the road. I'd just rather not put all my money in wheels at this point.

Edit : The ones from post #87 to be specific.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
After some major turning and budging and turning the axles, the new tranny is on! :D

Questions :

#1 : This mount was bolted right to the old auto tranny but the new on is smaller and it won't reach to it. Should I just not use it or something?

#2 : Do I need a shifter box? Or should I just bolt that little platform on the back of the linkage to the frame?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome build. even tho i just skimmed through the reading and looked at the pics. thumbs up for doing it yourself and doing it in a garage.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a 4door in the same color, gold rims look really slick on it, doing the upper grill in a gold tint as well.
x2 on the gold, check out my EJ think (link in the sig) i had clover green coupe with cold wheels. i loved em

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesome build. even tho i just skimmed through the reading and looked at the pics. thumbs up for doing it yourself and doing it in a garage.
Thanks man. Yea I've always been a "Do It Yourself" er and have never really liked other people doing things for me. I love learning new things and being independent like that. :D

x2 on the gold, check out my EJ think (link in the sig) i had clover green coupe with cold wheels. i loved em
Yea man! Well if I get those bluefox's they're going gold whenever I can afford to paint them. Buuut if I get the trak R's I'll either paint em gold or white. Not sure yet...

Also : Prolly working on the car tomorrow night. Will prolly take out power steering, put in starter, put on shift linkage cause now I know apparently it just bolts to the frame. Also I leave for school on the 28th, won't be getting alot of work on it when at school but might come down sometimes and work on it.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Living in my dorm now, which is awesome. Buuut, the down side : there won't be any updates on the car for quiet some time.... :(

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I apologize everyone, been in school and these class are fricken hard! lol. But yea, I'll be back on it when school's out, which is less than 4 weeks! :D Can't wait to be re united with my girl, aka my car.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, again, sorry for the no pics and progress lately. Big things going in my life : trying to find a new job, moving into a new house, and my lifting career is making big steps also. Well, anyways onto the car.

Other news:
- Got a p28 ecu
- Got my obd1 - obd2b conversion harness
- Got my hondata software
- Got a slim radiator fan ( turbo was hitting the old one )

Stuff done:
- shifter is mounted and ready to go, had to make some extensions on the bottom side of it, because it hit this metal thing sticking out the bottom, but couldn't make it down too far because it hit the exhaust. But I got it now. Again, pics are coming!

Stay tuned. Will work on it on Thu. night. Sorry, I've been working nights, and my dad works days. So we can only work on it on my days off.

this is the front tranny mount that doesn't quiet reach, gotta get a new one I think...

Shifter is all mounted up

Oh, and so that the shifter doesn't hit the stock heatshield on the bottom, I added some spacers on the bottom. I'll post a pic from the bottom of that next time.

Making some clutch line

Injectors aren't fitting...stock ones on left, 450cc DSMs on the right

injectors placement

Here's a few issues:
- Still trying to figure out what all has to be done if I want to keep my auto intake manifold.
- Can't find out how to mount the slim radiator fan, the mounting points don't match where the stock one was.
- Where is my oil feed supposed to come from?
-

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Went to my Dad's work and did some pipe welding, wire brushing, and making a bracket for the front mount because I need to reposition the intercooler so that the downpipe will fit with the new angle I'm making on it.

Some pics for yall:

Drilling Pressing the new made brackets for the front mount

I found some heat wrap! :D

Intake pipe was too big, cut it, now rewelding it

Big ass drill bit

pipe's all welded

buffering and wire brushing

finished product

big ass 4 cylinder

some turbos

big ass v12

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got the BOV on

Put in the proper spacer for the shifter, so that's all mounted up and ready to go, shifts great. ALSO because of the spacers, I didn't have to cut out that little thing on the bottom of the chassis.

ALMOST done with all the piping, need to keep modifying the downpipe so that it fits without hitting the intercooler, but its ALMOST there.

pic of the bay right now:

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HKS BOV shot

Bay shot

boost controller mounted up

radiator fan mounted up

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had the same resonator when I was 3 inch exhaust. Didn't quiet mine down at all :(

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ha. I"m actually not using the resonator, only the muffler I decided. We'll see how she sounds, lol.

New pic of bay:

new front tranny mount is on