Featured Ride Contest #2

Who do you think should win our Featured Ride contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Squished? Again, the headlights are nearly identical. The only major difference is the top outside corners of the 7th gen are more pointed.
Funny, i actually hate the 01-03 civics but love the 96-98.
I love the 04-05 civics though.
Overall the 7th Gen is really nice though. Especially the interior.

Favorite Gen? 6th for me.
and then probably a tie between the 7th and 8th.

My vote went to ERAN for the del sol goodness. i love the way the shifter looks. almost didn't vote for it due to the passenger seat. I hate miss matched seats.

didnt vote for the blue one because the interior was a bit too much.

I love the white civic but hate the mugen "style" lip. personaly that is one of the worst lips to have on the 96-98 front end. Would have voted for that one if there were no del sol.
Mainly just had to show some love to the del sol. Love these cars and i feel they are under rated.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
+ 1 for Jason :hi:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Funny, i actually hate the 01-03 civics
I love the 04-05 civics though.
Again, I don't get this. The differences between the 01-03 and 04-05 are so small, that I don't see how you can reasonably hate one and love the other. Yes liking one over the other is certainly understandable, but being poles apart just makes my head spin.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Squished? Again, the headlights are nearly identical. The only major difference is the top outside corners of the 7th gen are more pointed.
Yes, squished for lack of a better word.

The 6th gen ones to me almost look like an oval where as the 7th gen have more of a triangle look. The corners on the 7th gen ones are too pointy and I don't like how the upper outside corners come to a point. I just don't like the look of the headlights.

To me it is enough to chose one year over the other. Not polar opposites, but enough. It's the little things. Rear quarter window comes to more of a point and I don't like that. I also don't like the lower sharp body line on the 7th gens. Grills are slightly different, as is the subtle lines on the hood.

Kind of like the chevy k5. Body is identical from '73-'91, but to me the front end on the '89-'91 models is the best. Only change was the grill, head light, and front blinker configuration, but it is enough to make that "difference".

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I would even say the 04-05 headlights are a lot different from 6th gens. But I think the 7th gen is perfect because it was right before everything looked TOO futuristic and TOO squished, for lack of a better word. But overall I think the 7th gen looks slightly cleaner, and the interior much cleaner.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am still stuck between the hatch and the coupe. The hatch I absolutely love the gauge cluster, quality parts, precision, and detail to suspension, but it's a little to 'pretty' for my taste and I despise that wing. Not ricey..I just can't seem to nail it.

The coupe is beautiful but the rotas, tokicos, and blox are killing it IMO. The push start is awesome tho!!

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My vote went to ERAN for the del sol goodness. i love the way the shifter looks. almost didn't vote for it due to the passenger seat. I hate miss matched seats.
Hahah I've had people say that before. It was done on purpose -- even sold my other Chargespeed seat. ;)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My vote is currently between Mugenej8's white coupe and Eran's Del Sol. I like both of them. I love t-tops, so it's kind of hard NOT to vote for Eran, although I'm not a huge fan of his wheels. The seats, ehh, doesn't bother me that much. The coupe is nice, but it doesn't have t-tops ;)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went with Mugenej8 here. Car & pictures look absolutely professional. Very well put together car. And the third picture is desktop background worthy..

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
I voted for Mugen. Im not a fan of del sols and that wing and cluster on the blue hatch crossed that one out for me. I dont think an auto should be in a Featured Ride but anywho. Also, coupe > sedan. Just my opinion.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Again, I don't get this. The differences between the 01-03 and 04-05 are so small, that I don't see how you can reasonably hate one and love the other. Yes liking one over the other is certainly understandable, but being poles apart just makes my head spin.
to be honest, i don't get it either. but then again, its the subtle diferences that make us love certain cars.
and i love the 04-05's. i just don't know why.... ?

Hahah I've had people say that before. It was done on purpose -- even sold my other Chargespeed seat. ;)
I knew it was done on "purpose" You do everything for a reason.
I remember the other seats you had in there. loved them. I like the del sol seats too. heck almost any seats that match! hahaha.
anywho, what purpose did you have for putting in the del sol seat that doesn't match your driver seat?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to be honest, i don't get it either. but then again, its the subtle diferences that make us love certain cars.
and i love the 04-05's. i just don't know why.... ?

I knew it was done on "purpose" You do everything for a reason.
I remember the other seats you had in there. loved them. I like the del sol seats too. heck almost any seats that match! hahaha.
anywho, what purpose did you have for putting in the del sol seat that doesn't match your driver seat?
Sort of two-fold. One, for passenger comfort. I don't always ride alone, and not every enjoys being squeezed into a fiberglass trough. ;)

Two, I always liked the Japanese road-race cars. They're always bone-stock bodies, lots of OEM options, built up high-rev NA motors, and always have ONE racing bucket, a shiftknob, and a wheel. They just look business, and that's how I wanted to build my car. =)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dear lord, i voted for a 7th gen -sigh-

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
To be honest, I'm surprised that mugenej8 is taking this by such a landslide so far. Don't get me wrong, I think he definitely has, in my opinion, a running for the nicest car in this contest. I'm just surprised that he has this many votes!! Great job to all the contestants though. It does take guts to put your car up for review like this.

Mugenej8

i voted, of course not for myself or else i wouldnt be a good member.

i really enjoy the sedan, hatch and the del sol im just staring at the del sol with the lovely engine bay and the nice del sol passenger side seat just blow me away.... even tho it doesnt match the driver its still awesome plus i can hardly find a nice del sol thumbs up to you my friend.

as for the Hatch im liking the seats the cluster and SAVING THE SOHC haha nice touch.

also i thought the civic with ls turbo was pretty nice what a sleeper thumbs up..

COD ANYONE?

XBOX GAMER TAG : Ksports

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sort of two-fold. One, for passenger comfort. I don't always ride alone, and not every enjoys being squeezed into a fiberglass trough. ;)

Two, I always liked the Japanese road-race cars. They're always bone-stock bodies, lots of OEM options, built up high-rev NA motors, and always have ONE racing bucket, a shiftknob, and a wheel. They just look business, and that's how I wanted to build my car. =)
That makes sense. Never thought of passenger comfort.
Also, do you know what that b16 might be from?
I guess the better question is does it redline at 8200 like the spedo shows? My del sol redlines at 8200 but i saw a 96 del sol also with a b16 that redlined either at or bellow 8k.
I was just a bit confused. I know they switched to b16a2 in 96.
And i guess your tuned ECU prbably changed whatever stock was.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's a B16A2 block, but the head and trans are from a B16A3. The B16A3 (because of the P30 head) rev'd to 8200, whereas the B16A2 with the P2T head only rev's to 8000.

Status
Not open for further replies.