Finally post my car... EG COUPE

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here is the link of the wheels i want. they are 15's. let me know if the falkenz would fit and give me a streching look.
http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-501-Wheels-15x8-Gold-p/50158087.htm
let me know
$86/wheel! Holy s**t that's a good deal. You're in Canada like me though so it'll be more like $100/wheel plus shipping. Try to get the company to label the box as product testing as well so you don't get hit with as many border fees if the border decides to check the package out and tax it. Sometimes they won't tax at all, and sometimes it's ridiculous.

The 615's only come in a 205/50/15 and on a 15x8 it won't be stretched at all. My 195's barely look stretched. If you want a super stretched tire you're going to have to find some rare sizes, anything from 175-185/50/15's will give a decent stretched look. The Azenis will give amazing grip, but will look pretty big on that wheel. Good thing you're going with +15 offset because to clear those wheels with a 0 offset you'd need to add camber in the rear.

Are you front or rear fenders rolled/flared at all? It'll be interesting to see how low you can get up front without flaring the fenders. I originally flared mine and they fit the 15x8 0 offset fine and I'm slammed, but I never test fit them before the flared fenders. Personally I'd go with a 195 series tire, it'll be a tiny bit stretched, but it will also help out with a lot of rubbing issues you'd have with the 205 series. The 205 Azenis is a very good tire though and will grip way better then most any 195 you'll get. Width=grip basically and the product obviously.

Most important part with fitting these wheels here though is if you have rolled/flared fenders. Let me know on that one....

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
Hey Alex thanks for your help... so i been stocking your posts kuz i thought it would be interesting to see your background in the forum... k so i saw your white hatch and it was getting pretty interesting till i got to the part where you sold it.. then i was like wtf! what a sudden end, but i knew it wasnt over... then i saw your new project... del sol! s**t thats right bro. so im not done with the del sol thread yet but i got go and see somefriends doing some autoX 2nite so ill finish it tomrw...

However i wanted to touch a few points here.
The guy whose wheels i like told me his setup and here it is "the tires are nexan n3000 195/45/15 on a 15x8 in rim the tire should be stretched bc 195 are for 7 to about 7.5 in rim but my tire isnt really stretched at all "
here some pics of the setup which i like and i wann go for

However i saw in your first page of the del sol these pics

Whats the setup here i really like it alot..

btw my fenders are not rolled yet, but im pretty sure once i decide on a setup and buy it ill be rolling them up

BTW: today i got my B18C, just gotta buy the axles and i was told there is a plug i need to modify but i dont know which one, this is odb1 to odb1. anyone any idea?

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The teal coupe has 15x8 0et Sportmax 501's with a 195/45/15 tire. The Del Sol has 15x8 0et wheels with a 195/50/15. I'm running the exact wheel as your friend, the Nexen 3000 on my 15x8 and it's not that stretched. Not as intense as some of the VW stretches you'll see. Unless you're pretty raised up, you're not going to be able to make the fronts work. The bad thing about not being slammed with low offset wheels is that in the rear you can easily rub unless you add a lot of camber but then it looks funny. I'm adding lots of camber to tuck my rears and make them flush. Once that's done, I'll never have to worry about rubbing the top of the tire on my fender where as now I rub it all the time, even with a 1.5" gap.

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
The teal coupe has 15x8 0et Sportmax 501's with a 195/45/15 tire. The Del Sol has 15x8 0et wheels with a 195/50/15. I'm running the exact wheel as your friend, the Nexen 3000 on my 15x8 and it's not that stretched. Not as intense as some of the VW stretches you'll see. Unless you're pretty raised up, you're not going to be able to make the fronts work. The bad thing about not being slammed with low offset wheels is that in the rear you can easily rub unless you add a lot of camber but then it looks funny. I'm adding lots of camber to tuck my rears and make them flush. Once that's done, I'll never have to worry about rubbing the top of the tire on my fender where as now I rub it all the time, even with a 1.5" gap.
alright good info bud, yeah i can see you like to be slammed but i dont think i can since our roads are not the best ones up here. Winter leaves traces everywhere... The coilovers im getting later will hopefuly have adjustable dampers so i can control how much my car will bounce. I dont wanna tuck much or anything in my wheels, i still would like to freely drive anywhere.

On the other hand, update for the build, Engine came in last week looks pretty minty but i needed to get axles and aparently the driver side mount wasnt there so i researched and aparently i can use the D series one from Si. i Need to do some wiring with my harness since the GSR has a butterfly intake cam that needs to be hooked up as well... other than that it should be in pretty soon. Gonna get new sparks as well.

Got called from Powder coater shop and rear sway bar is done. it should give me better handling for AutoX

LCA's should be in by friday and then rear disk brake should be in as well... Going AutoX this friday one last time with the D series...

Ill make sure i take lots of pics while swaping it

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok hold up....

If your main goal is to autocross and maximize handling and response, don't get 15x8's. Get a 15x7 and put a 205/50/15 RT615 Azenis on it. First of all, if you're not slammed and tucking the rear wheels, if you go 15x8 0et route, every hard turn you'll rub your tire on your fender. Right now I'm still 4x4 in the rear because I'm awaiting my camber kit, and I gotta watch it when I take corners because I'll rub hardcore all the way through on a corner if I take it hard.

Basically you have to take into account...are you going for looks or handling? I'm not saying a slammed Honda on 15x8 with a stretched tire isn't going to handle well, but it'll handle terribly compared to a Honda on 15x7 with a nice beefy 205. Being in Regina as well the roads are pretty shitty especially with the cold winters and roads cracking and constant repair. I say you just get a nice 15x7, 35-40 offset with a 205/50 tire and lower it 2.5-3" to close off wheel gap. That way you don't have to worry about potholes or anything and you can have a worry free driving car. Being slammed isn't for everyone ;)

94SiCoupe

5+ Year Member
Dude it's not called an EG coupe,
=)
If it has a D15 its an EJ2,
if that beast has a D16z6 it's an EJ1 ;)
I think.xD

94SiCoupe

5+ Year Member
Sorry about that,
i see you have already been commented about it,

BTW JDM SOURCE FTW!
I love calgary for JDM source
you live in calgary?

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
Ok hold up....

If your main goal is to autocross and maximize handling and response, don't get 15x8's. Get a 15x7 and put a 205/50/15 RT615 Azenis on it. First of all, if you're not slammed and tucking the rear wheels, if you go 15x8 0et route, every hard turn you'll rub your tire on your fender. Right now I'm still 4x4 in the rear because I'm awaiting my camber kit, and I gotta watch it when I take corners because I'll rub hardcore all the way through on a corner if I take it hard.

Basically you have to take into account...are you going for looks or handling? I'm not saying a slammed Honda on 15x8 with a stretched tire isn't going to handle well, but it'll handle terribly compared to a Honda on 15x7 with a nice beefy 205. Being in Regina as well the roads are pretty shitty especially with the cold winters and roads cracking and constant repair. I say you just get a nice 15x7, 35-40 offset with a 205/50 tire and lower it 2.5-3" to close off wheel gap. That way you don't have to worry about potholes or anything and you can have a worry free driving car. Being slammed isn't for everyone ;)
Ok Alex, thanks for the tip. Yeah i always like to think about making things easy but really i should decide what i want. I do like looks and also performance as everyone, and understand that there cant go together sometimes. I had in mind that i was going to be able to get some stretch look and regular beafy style for performance. This would mean having two separate sets of tires. But looking at how school tuition is rising pretty quick i think ill have to decide on one, and i think its gonna be performance. Its more fun and beside im building my car to have fun not to show off and not being able to have some extreme fun with it.It i go with the 15X7 and 205/50 i dont understand how this is going to fit. The wheel's width is 7" and the tires width is 205/25.4= 8". This means im putting a wider tire in a thinner rim. Not sure about this. and excuse my ignoranse, but like you said before, I would hate to buy something that wont fit. So please explain me this. On the other hand if i went streched with 15X8 and 195/45 i dont think i would actually get to the point of tucking in. Therefore i would be ok with no rubbing since im not tucked in. I'd like to lower it as or a little more than the teal coupe i showed you before. I understand that slammed (tucked) requires alot of taken care of and responsability. Please advise.

Sorry about that,
i see you have already been commented about it,

BTW JDM SOURCE FTW!
I love calgary for JDM source
you live in calgary?
Hey thanks man, yeah when i first started the thread i was much less consious abou this and unfortunately i have not been able to change it, but whatever, i guess its good kuz attracts ppl to comment on it.
Unfortunately i dont live in Calgary but yeah JDMSOURCE is the s**t, Shoain knows his stuff.

Last night I actually started doing the swap here are some crazy ass shitty pics taken with my phone:
It was a long night, we just managed to take the old D16 out. Took forever to get a clean work area. My buddy's garage is not always the cleanest.

Tools used:

Big Daddy waiting peacefully:

And there she goes:

I took better pics but dont know where the camera is now.... :(

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Swap looks good. Sorry I haven't responded in awhile. A 205 will fit fine on the 7" rim. If the offset is 35-40 you'll be completely fine. Keep in mind if you went for the wide stance look you wouldn't be able to lower it much, therefore you would have more body roll. Go with a 205/50/15 and a 15x7 35-40 offset wheel and lower it 2-3 inches just to close off the wheel gap. You will have no rubbing and it will handle great.

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
yeah thats a decision ill have to make later on in the future when i get the wheels... prbly if i get somewhat wide and hard spring rates i wont rub. thanks so much for the input alex.
So i finally finished the swap, almost flawless. apparently one of the rebuilt axles i had bought was bad and everytime i turn right i hear the clicking which pisses me off. Everything else is just a total new car. The way it pulls its so freaking amazing. Im so in love with it. Flushed the clutch line and did oil change. Put Mobile 1 5-30 synthetic. Got platinium NGK spark plugs to put in today after work and still need to get new cables, but thats gotta wait till next pay check. Also got MTF to flush the transmission fluid. An oil filter from Honda since i didnt wanna use FRAM again ever.

However, i have one last question for now. Before i did swap i heared that some ppl use premium gas fro performance and for cleanliness. However, i want to use the proper one the engine needs. I dont just wanna make power from fuel at the expenses of my engine's relaibility. What can you guys advise?

Here are so quick pics i took. more later.

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
so i got new pics of the friday AutoX event in Regina...

Check them out...

And the rest of the crew:
Kyle's TypeR's axle came out after some crazy turns with ebrake action!

me walking happy that passed tech spec! lol

And the AWD fanboys!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Clean swap!!! I like it!! Did you run into any problems while doing it?

Do you still have your old motor? Ill buy your old valve cover for $30 shipped if youre interested.

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
Brake upgrade project:

So i finally get going on the brake upgrade for this ride. Got the trailing arms from SpeedTech Edmonton like a year ago an finally i get around and put these into the civic. Ksport rear LCA, toe kit and camber kit from Goalks, drilled disks from my buddy Kevin, braided lines from Rob and MC, brake booster and prop valve from CWS. So this is all i needed and i jumped at it. Job took afew days kuz i didnt know i needed a brake booster from integra so i had to get one. Then taking the old booster with the GSR IM in the way was a b***h. The prop valve never gave me the chance to take her out. I bought two visegrips, flare nuts wrench, WD40, pb blaster and still i wasnt able to take her out... therefore i just gave up and once i finished everything i could i decided to take it to minute muffler. Hopefully she will be done by monday so im looking forward to that as well... in the mean time got them to put in new rubber i had laying down at home and do full alignment. So these are a few pics i took while at it:

brake booster:

no jack stand needs improvisation:

aaaannd finally they are in:

off to get finished:

Once she is back these are going in as well as EBC redstuff braek pads from Prostreetonline.com

Also go this in while waiting for tow truck lol:

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lovin the car, keep up the good work.