how do u hide ur nitrous!?

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mike5 said:
y would u leave ur car stock exterior if ur running 12s? i mean a maxima...
it looks like s**t
id do some mods, who gives a f**k about "surprising" the person u are racing, id rather have evryone know am running a f**kin beast... if ur gona put thatm uch effort into performance, reward urself with some appearance:D
some people would rather spend their money on going faster than looking prettier...

StillenMaxSE99

Boosted It Myself!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jime said:
I blew one trans last year on the 95 but that was my fault from burning out in overdrive and then hitting some serious traction. Other than that it works fine and I spray right out of the hole and through all the gears.

I have been able to get a 1.75 60' with both cars, the 2002 was with a 50 shot, I have a 2 stage now and anything above a 50 shot produces no traction. With the 95 I was able to do a 150 out of the hole but the 3.5L has a lot more torque.

Wow ............ another Maxima guy on this forum.........well that makes 2 of us!! :lol:

Jime

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't use the bag to hide from the police. I use it so people don't see the bottle at the track mostly and of course it helps not to advertise when your car is parked either, just invites theft.

Of course when you drive a Maxima and are my age not too many cops are going to ask to see whats in the gym bag either.

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
xdr3amx said:
Cops are not dumb they see a bag they ask what is in it. if you say nothing or gym cloths they will ask you to show them if you say no then they have probable cause rigth there by you saying no. same thing with if they ask you if they can search your car if you say yes they will if you say no they will have probable caused because you said no ... if you said yes you would have nothing to hide but by saying no you have somthign to hide thats the way they think and this is a loop hole kinda think with the whole probable caused .. this also works with profileing etc... if somone looks suspicious in any way then they could be hiding somthing and a cop will come looking for somthing thats how cops think .. also i have heard of people putting the bottle inside the back fender of some car and running the wire under the car ..
What???...just because you refuse them to search your vehicle doesn't give them probable cause. Why would there be a law stating they have to have probable cause to search your vehicle if anything you say let them. It makes no sense. If they see a gym bag, and you tell them they cant search your car, they cant, at least not in Virginia. They have to have a reason, and you saying "no" is not a reason.

needboost

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn Jime, how does 12.1 feel? i wouldn't know because of my wheezing n/a d16......

Last edited:

mugen_pete

"PRICKMiCETER"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some dude was racing by my crib and got caught.....with th juice bottle connected...he got f**ked, the other kid he was racing was ma boy timmy....got his licsence suspended for 2 years.....wanna know something funny..........he bought a 2003 focus dohc ztec........she supposedly beats 3 svts.......wannna race me in my lil cx hatch with a stock d16z6 and vx tranny........man my car was kinda fast for that combo......but i opened a big ass can a whoop ass, he started off first and because of the tranny i was slow out the hole but i caught him and wanked the f**ker......shut his ass up cause he was talking s**t when i was cleaning my car.. and i didnt feel like racing....btw i whoop his ass 2 of 2

mike5

DSMPower
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jime said:
Hey Mike my Son runs 12's in his DSM, not quite as quick as his old man but close, he usually takes me at the brackets. This is his ride. His name is DSMJim on the DSM board. He has a skirts, but not much else, except for that ricey looking cooler on the front. =) You have to take into account my age.
true true=)
stock is alrite i guess........but nothing beats a sexy skirt
on cars and girls in my opinion:D

importlegions

1 god, 1 life,1 choice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jime said:
That is MY bag. That is from my 95 Maxima GXE Auto. It ran a 12.1 at 110 mph with a 150 shot of NX and was featured in the Oct 03 issue of Modified Magazine.

It is also not illegal to have nitrous where I live so this was more of a joke than anything and to keep prying eyes out. Of course not too many people would suspect having nitrous in an auto Maxima anyway, especially when a grandfather is driving it. :lol:

HEY!! i rem. ur car, its like dark red or green right? and it was pretty much stock cept for the nos

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
importlegions said:
HEY!! i rem. ur car, its like dark red or green right? and it was pretty much stock cept for the nos
Go back a few pages, he posted photos of the car, including the exterior. =)

importlegions

1 god, 1 life,1 choice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OOO i see i seee, thnaks, o and damn u kno u have a shitload of car models right?

Jime

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
importlegions said:

Glad somebody reads Modified.

Here is a video of my new ride. Got a 2k2 3.5L Max now with same mods pretty well from the 95 but it does a 12.1 with a 100 shot and going to try a 150 this weekend if the weather permits so hoping for an 11 of some sort.

This F-Body was on slicks but not sure what else he had done, but sure wasn't stock, he ran a 114 mph. If you look at the timeslip he wasn't catching me either he was .6 behind at the 60' including the R/T and finished the same way.

http://jime.homeip.net/maximase/Kill.wmv

24-7

E Engineering
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mike5 said:
where and how do those of you who have nitrous hide it!!?
a guy i know connected it to the "air conditioning" switch :???:

Why would you want to hide it?

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RICDOGG said:
oh, btw.
i win
no, no you wouldn’t. Autos are used in all high end drag racing (funnycar, top fuel), once you get to the purpose built drag cars and not moded street cars, they are all autos. This guy has said some stuff that isn’t quite right, or just hasty conclusions, but this time he is right. Even some street guys have autos for a reason; go look at the ford powerglide...2 speed auto with a 1:1 final drive.

JDMspongebob

B16 inside
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
no, no you wouldn’t. Autos are used in all high end drag racing (funnycar, top fuel), once you get to the purpose built drag cars and not moded street cars, they are all autos. This guy has said some stuff that isn’t quite right, or just hasty conclusions, but this time he is right. Even some street guys have autos for a reason; go look at the ford powerglide...2 speed auto with a 1:1 final drive.
Umm i dont think ford makes powerglides thats a chevy thing

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JDMspongebob said:
Umm i dont think ford makes powerglides thats a chevy thing
They don’t, I just screwed up, it is chevy. ford has the AOD

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
...Even some street guys have autos for a reason; go look at the ford powerglide...2 speed auto with a 1:1 final drive....They don’t, I just screwed up, it is chevy. ford has the AOD
Wow, Ford-O-matic 2speed :shock: Pretty sure no one is using that crap. Suprised people still try to use the AOD/AODE/4R70W series. Crappy thin tin clutch baskets and crap. Most of the really fast 5.0 guys use a C4.

But yeah, the overwhelming majority of fast Sportsman class cars or true 10.5 cars are auto.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The AOD is bad ass if you build it right, the C4 is another good one