Intertwined's '99 DAP hatch

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
I have always wanted one of these! too bad it's honestly rarer than a GTR around where I am :(

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive seen a couple other DB8's for sale here in TN. having 4 doors is so nice with my kids now, dont have to wait for them to climb in anymore lol.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, got to admit I'm a little jealous. I've been wanting an Integra sedan for more than a few years now. They're hard to find here as well, and NONE of them I've seen for sale are manual transmissions. Would love to own a 4 door teg with 5speed and a JDM front end.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks yall. got the K-Tuned shifter, hardrace bushings & K-Tuned battery tie down all installed and did a tune up. 70A Hasport mounts are sitting in their box waiting for the time to install them and 5 yards of black tweed waiting to wrap pieces with.

and James im still undecided on the JDM front. i love how they look on sedans, but i love the VIS Invader hood lol.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jdm front end is the best thing that has ever happened to usdm integras. f uck that hood if its between the two.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
jdm front end is the best thing that has ever happened to usdm integras. f uck that hood if its between the two.
Yeah! Tell em Steve Dave!

I'm pretty sure there are aftermarket hoods for the J-spec cars as well. Why not do both? (assuming of course unlimited funds)

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
on second thought, just stick with j-spec front, NO Invader hood. Unless you expect massive overheating problems

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol that fitment is so off! but the hood wont help with overheating one bit lol. and it ruins headers, something i learned first hand.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
funds are far from unlimited lol. still have plenty of things to do before i make up my mind on the front end swap.

how does the hood ruin headers buzz?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do what ever you want man, you could just leave it alone and full detail it and it would be super nice! Then focus more on the go fast bits :P

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the rain water dumps right on the header ended up making my pretty header no so pretty :/

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahhhh, figured thats what you meant, but wasnt sure. i dont buy a header for the bling factor, when i get the chance to get a new one and an exhaust setup the header will end up wrapped and sprayed.

bought a skunk2 pro series IM, it should be here soon. going to shave the logo/square off (thanks for the idea Landon) and paint it wrinkle black before it goes on.

hope to get a decent return this year so i can be an income tax baller and get a few more expensive things.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
still nothing new. waiting for my tax return so i can order some parts.

current shopping list:

Integra RS non ABS front brake/BMC hardlines
Intregra non ABS 40/40 prop valve
OEM Timing belt
OEM water pump
OEM front main seal
Russell S.S. brake lines
Hondata I.M. gasket
Mishimoto thermostat
Mishimoto radiator hoses

once i have all this, and the free time, im going to delete ABS, install Skunk2 I.M., and install 70A Hasport mounts. Also gotta rip all the interior out so i can wrap everything thats not black in black tweed like i did to my old hatch.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally got the correct P/S reservoir and grabbed the driver and passenger Hasports out of the box this weekend.

Put all of the P/S stuff back in and installed the driver and passenger Hasport mounts.

Installing the 2 side mounts made me realize exactly how bad the stock mounts were, and the rear is horrible. Going to do the rear when i change my intake manifold.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good looking bay man! A little tlc and it would be super tidy! Are you gonna repaint the valve cover?

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good looking bay man! A little tlc and it would be super tidy! Are you gonna repaint the valve cover?
bay does need some tlc. when i go to change the I.M. and do the ABS delete im going to try to clean it up a bit more.

as for the VC it will definitely be getting repainted or ill buy another one to paint. i absolutely HATE this burnt orange color. planning on going a different route this time with the VC and not doing a solid color like i have in the past. im going to paint it with Rustoleum color shift Galaxy Blue, following pic is an example of the color