Intertwined's '99 DAP hatch

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
went and picked up some RS front brake hardlines today for $40. was happy to get them for a good price.

Ordered:
Hondata I.M. gasket
Mishimoto thermostat
Mishimoto radiator hoses
Russell S.S. brake lines
OEM timing belt
OEM water pump & gasket
OEM front main seal
OEM oil pan gasket

also sold my PS3 today so im shopping around for a Mishimoto radiator as well.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mishimoto fan switch and a crank pulley removal tool both ordered last night.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
UPDATE TIME!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

put in some work on the Integra this weekend. frustrating and satisfying at the same time as always.

Changed out both axles, had to replace the passenger side axle seal bc it gushed out trans fluid once i pulled the axle. So i flushed and filled the trans as well.

Painted the Skunk2 I.M. satin black.

Installed it with the Hondata I.M. gasket.

Dont know if it was already broken or if i broke it when removing the stock GSR I.M. but my knock sensor is done for. Will be getting a new one as soon as i can.

Replaced the stock fan switch with a Mishimoto fan switch.

Replaced the thermostat with a Mishimoto thermostat. Mishimoto up front, old one in the back.

I didnt like how one of the water lines to from the block to the firewall was part hose and part hardline; So i removed the line and installed a new hose without a hardline.

The new hose in place as well as a shot of the Hasport 70A rear mount that i installed this weekend.

A shot of the Mishimoto radiator hoses installed and the last pic taken that shows the ABS brake lines still in place.

Finally my original goal for the weekend got completed as well, everything else was just a side product of the project lol. ABS Deleted. Legitly. ABS system completely gone and Integra RS front brake hardlines installed with 4040 prop valve. Along with Russell stainless brakelines.

Next up is to replace both outer tie rods. Mine are currently thrashed. Then start replacing suspension parts that have worn out bushings.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
god i hate the honda hose rat nest lol. they look so ugly when you pop the hood. how does the im look?

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks yall

yeah i agree, buzz. everything is routed in ways that make no damn sense. freed up alot of space removing the ABS and the Evap stuff.

havent had the chance to take any new bay pics in the daylight yet. Clocked out of work tonight at 26 hours. Only worked Tues and today lol.

I think it came out pretty good, just need an b16 throttle cable bracket now. GSR bracket sits so high that my hood puts a little pressure on it now and i have to lift up on the gas pedal to make the rpms drop when i let off the gas.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks Mym

OEM water pump, timing belt, oil pan gasket and front main seal finally showed up today.

And i replaced my tie rod ends after work. Heres how thrashed the old ones were.

and took a quick bay shot.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Until i get the parts in to fix my throttle sticking issue correctly i went all super tyte jdm and got the hood tilt on lock.

home depot didnt have any of the plastic spacers in the size i needed, so i had to get some metal ones. 3/4" spacing total and my throttle still sticks a little from the hood putting pressure on the cable.

and a bay shot, so much better with the ABS gone. Yes i know it needs alot of cleaning and TLC.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
small project this weekend. i wasnt feeling the "black" on white of the C.F. hood. so i bought 4 cans of white plasti dip.

took the hood off the car and decided to take a topless pic.

heres how the hood looked. Gel coat is nasty and has stress craks in various spots and a few chipped spots. underside was filthy as hell.

quick pic of my super mad tyte jdm hood riser setup LOL

cleaned it all up really good and started spraying the dip. after 2 full cans you could still see the black and some striping.

after the 3rd can it had a pretty solid coverage and very minimal striping, only in a few shallow spots.

4th can empty and drying. it smoothed out very well, except a few spots on the edge of the hood where it wasnt thick enough and one spot on one of the arches of the V.

i let it sit and dry all night then installed it this morning. overall im very pleased with the outcome. definitely brighter than the white of the car. probably going to end up getting the DYC kit and doing the whole car eventually.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dang dood awesome job!!! Looking really spiffy, and that galaxy blue is awesome! I may have to copy you lol

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks Roma. make sure to post pics if you do the Galaxy Blue!!!

huzzah for coming home to parts. nothing big, but my non GSR TB pulley and BNIB B16 throttle cable came in today. Already had the cable bracket from Landon.

Left side is the GSR bracket and pulley, Right side is B16 bracket and non GSR pulley

old beat up GSR cable vs. brand spankin new B16 cable.

installed :D

and......WOOT...ghetto hood tilt be gone. hood properly aligned and spacers gone.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks as always Mym. definitely slow going.

knock sensor arrived today, so i replaced that.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
another weekend of maintenance. some stuff needed to be changed out and other stuff was just because i didnt know if it was ever done.

first off was replacing my upper control arms. old ones had busted bushing/ball joint and squeaked over every little bump.

then i took off the VTEC solenoid to put fresh gaskets in it. while i was at it i decided to clean up the solenoid and paint it Satin Black.

next on the list was an oil/filter, oil pan/gasket change. i also installed an oil pan stud kit while i was at it. with Moroso 5.5 qt baffled oil pan and Moroso pickup.

and because i had no knowledge of the timing belt/water pump being replaced i did those as well. while pulling everything apart i noticed that they had been changed at one point in time. but with cheap autozone parts. new OEM belt and water pump installed.

while waiting for the Hondabond on the pan to dry i did some small side projects. i couldnt stand the rusted strut bar or chrome zebra striped intake anymore.....so i painted those Satin Black as well.

and lastly, as ive been doing with this build thread. a bay shot. still debating on VC color.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:D its getting there. still have more stuff to fix. previous owners neglected it in alot of ways. have one more small oil leak to fix then i should be good on that front. stupid PCV breather box is leaking from one of the seals that goes into the block :(

had been trying to trade it for another EM1 recently but no luck, so for the time being its here to stay.