Mansers 96 Gsr Swapped Si Slow Build

Manser

Looks like clear tails too. Hmmm
Theyve been on there for a while actually :P

But yes, my wheels are on.. However, theres a resonator in the middle of my exhaust that hangs low as SH!T so I might see if I can try and tuck that up somehow because the roads around here are flippin terrible! Ive already scraped my exhaust a few times and trust me, its not a pleasent sound.. I wanna go lower but as of right now I cant.. Maybe soon though once I get that exhaust looked at! Anyhow, I went out on a photoshoot with two of my buddys. My bestfriends car is the 99 si(d16y8 SOHC Vtec Turbo.. pushing roughly 195whp) and my other buddy owns the 07 Gti(pushing almost 235whp) Anyhow, ill just let the pics do the rest of the talking.. P.s, im not a photographer and my moms camera was only 400$ so dont expect miracles, we were just bored on a nice day and went for a cruise.. :P

Alphonse

Forever avoiding potholes
5+ Year Member
Whats the size of those wheels on the red civic

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get new short rubber hangers for the exhaust to pull it up a bit...the resonator hangs low but shouldn't be much lower than the rest of the exhaust.

Manser

Get new short rubber hangers for the exhaust to pull it up a bit...the resonator hangs low but shouldn't be much lower than the rest of the exhaust.
Hmm, might have to look into that.. and yeah, its not much lower but its low enough to scrape all over the place.. Do you know of anywhere I could get the hangers? Would Honda have some?
Sitting in my driveway....:smackself

Whats the size of those wheels on the red civic
16's.. Not sure of any other specs.

Manser

Well guys, I reaaaaaaaaallllly need some help.. And I know no one follows this thread but ill keep posting in here untill people start checking it :P I need help deciding on what to do with my valve cover. The car should be going in for paint near the end of this month/ beginning of may so my plans were to just get him to paint my vc at the same time that he does the rest of the car.. Ive been looking through HT and ive found a few nice ones but I want to know what YOU GUYS think would look good on MY car... Ive found some nice ones but I dont know if theyll go good with my car..? Heres the one I like the most... I just dont think itll go good.. Leave a comment with a picture or a link if you could, because I really need the help.
My current engine bay..

And heres the one I like..

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think your engine bay needs a lot of work first just getting cleaned up before the valve cover,

if you can tie that color into more of the car then it will look good.

Manser

i think your engine bay needs a lot of work first just getting cleaned up before the valve cover,

if you can tie that color into more of the car then it will look good.
What do you mean by work? I plan to remove the power steering and the cruise control when it starts to warm up a little and wipe the whole bay down with simple green to get rid of all the undercoat and grime.. But I dont really trust myself enough to start tucking wires and hiding things..

And yeah, but thats what I was asking, what color do you think I should go with..? Im not actually going to paint my green because it doesnt go with anything, I was just looking for some feedback on your guys' opinions.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean by work? I plan to remove the power steering and the cruise control when it starts to warm up a little and wipe the whole bay down with simple green to get rid of all the undercoat and grime.. But I dont really trust myself enough to start tucking wires and hiding things..

And yeah, but thats what I was asking, what color do you think I should go with..? Im not actually going to paint my green because it doesnt go with anything, I was just looking for some feedback on your guys' opinions.
i mean exactly what you said, just a good cleaning up and some reorganizing and deleting lol but eh its really not hard to do. could always rearrange them too. just gotta take it slow and write notes, take pictures.

but hmm thats a tough one. what color theme is going on with the car really? i forget

Manser

i mean exactly what you said, just a good cleaning up and some reorganizing and deleting lol but eh its really not hard to do. could always rearrange them too. just gotta take it slow and write notes, take pictures.

but hmm thats a tough one. what color theme is going on with the car really? i forget
Well after i do the power steering and cruise i may attempt to relocate my coolant overflow.. it seems fairly easy and I also considered relocating my battery.. not sure just yet.. And just scroll up and theres the most recent pictures :P basically black car with white/chrome lipped rims and red lugs..

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well after i do the power steering and cruise i may attempt to relocate my coolant overflow.. it seems fairly easy and I also considered relocating my battery.. not sure just yet.. And just scroll up and theres the most recent pictures :P basically black car with white/chrome lipped rims and red lugs..
go white or polished then. and battery relocating is easy as hell

emerican

Registered VIP
After you clean up the bay i think white if done correctly would look sick in your car. thats just me though.

Manser

Well, not like anyone follows this thread, but to who ever does I just picked up a Fidanza 8lb flywheel and my cars going in for paint thursday morning.. Its going either Nighthawk Black Pearl or Grand Metallica Black(current color). Also, im torn on valve cover ideas, however im pretty sure im gonna have it sandblasted in champ white.. Heres just a few shots of what itll look like and a picture of the flywheel(has 10k KM'S and was taken out of an ITR).

AND, heres just a quick shot a buddy of mine took over the weekend while a bunch of the car guys chilled and whatnot. Last picture before fresh paint and body work :D

Manser

Not like anyone cares anyhow, but i figured id let everyone who sees this know that my cars paint appointment got backed up a day because my painter got delayed with one of my buddys eg hatch.. So its going in Friday morning now.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At least it's still getting painted. Should look nice afterwards.