My 96 eJsix Civic Hatch, Short driver.

Civic Virtue

Instead of buying new headlights did you try wet sanding your current set with 1000 then 2000 grit sandpaper? After sanding off the oxidization give them a nice hand buff and a coat of wax for a brand new look.

bigboy106

sorry to hear about you not being able to drive a manuel...hmm id say just do alot of engine work, and do bolt ons. even just do an engine swap with another automatic...such as a crv :D

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
-JcWidow, I don't think i can drive Manual in the city. San Francisco have tremendous amount of hills, steep to low. It will not worth the swap... I like to keep it AT for now.
-Hendo, hahaha cool!
-civicvirtual, I tried sanding, and polished, but it's so badly oxidated, even the inside of the lens is yellowed up.
bigboy106, Yea, all those are great idea, but I drive this girl every day, and I can't afford to not garage it and spend every weekend. I know everything can be possibly done, just time and resource is holding me back. I'm probably stick with a basic stuff with a tiny horse power upgrade, then work on the cosmetic like lip kits and cf oem style spoiler. Wheels, iono... they are so expensive... so i'll think about that later on.

Sorry every, been busy with the family so barely time to mess with online.

emerican

Registered VIP
Depending on your mechnical abilty, tools and where you have to do it youd be surprised how short a time it takes to do most mods. Everything done to my car might have taken a day at a time, or could have been done in a day and i got lazy and drove something else for one day. I did the Lca's and subframe brace in like 30 min, sri 20 min header and exhaust just a few hours, basically almost all the bolt ons can be done when you have a full day and you wont have to not have your vechilce.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yup, I agree with you emerican, I can do a bit bolt on things, nothing major bolt on. Just basic stuff... Other then that, I mostly have someone who offer help. All depends my ability to do so...

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
JWidow, yep... It'll look good with that Skunk two intake! CF intake system, and a shiny Dc header! Like them ghetto people say "Bling Bling!"

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea, but it'll bling bling on my dxpowaa! hahaha Any other 50 state legal CARB intake Manifold you guys recommend?

emerican

Registered VIP
They really arent that expensive for the y8 they are like 300 new, but you can get them for 150 or a little more used. My friend just sold one for that actually.

emerican

Registered VIP
Not sure what they cost for other motors.
I didnt see one in the thread post up an engine bay shot if you already have my bad lol.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Emerican, I see...

Everyone, for some reason my gas mileage been suck lately, I'm not sure why. I had oil change two month ago. And all my tune up were last year April, 2010. I'm a bit confused... Though my exhaust gotten a bit more stink, can it be the exhaust leak? My milage is 20gpm now :( WTF, from 22-4gpm.

JCwidow

Well dude I dont know if it is a fuel problem dude so I recomend you to talk to a professional bcz im new in the honda world....

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
of course i'll bring to a mechanic, just suck that i have fork out more money at this time a year..

Civic Virtue

I would change the fuel filter and PCV first and see if the mileage increases. The fliter is $20 and the PCV is $3 from local auto parts stores. I doubt it's the pump or injectors if it still runs fine and doesn't misfire/stumble/have a lack of power. Is the CEL illuminated? Any codes? Start there...

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I does feel the car lag, sometime i start the car it takes several crank, like three to four. I should have it look at...