My 96 eJsix Civic Hatch, Short driver.

Civic Virtue

Sounds like there may be a restriction in the fuel system, or the pump isn't able to hold pressure in the rail/lines. Does it idle fine but have a lack of power under WOT and acceleration? Just dealt with this issue on a Ford Explorer at school...

JCwidow

me tooo i got the same problem before with a susuki forenza which ws draining my money and i finish selling it lol

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
IMO, don't just start replacing stuff to try and solve the problem. Your gas mileage is going down, so that would be a problem with the a/f mixture. Its hard starting, which most of the time is a fuel pump, but not all the time. First try fuel pressure test, and then test the resistance across the injectors. If your tune-up is up to date, then you can most likely rule that out.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if you have extended pedals, you can make an extended clutch and extended shifter?

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I notice it might be the gas I pumped into... It all happen when I pumped at an different station, it's uphill, maybe the station isn't level right. The other day I return to the Shell station(I love shell, most of my Ferrari friends love those gas, yes my friends are rich but not me :( hahaha :lol:) and it seems to went back to normal. Though I am still suspicious of exhaust leak because my fume are much stink... The gas mileage seems fine now, but who knows, I'll keep up too date. That station might be buying cheap oh gas!

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm not a fan of driving manual at all. I don't think i'm physical enough to constantly stepping on the clutch often. The only manual i will able to drive-will be an pedal finger shiftier with electronic clutch, like an PDK system in Porsche... Tried one, drove one... LOVE IT... :D

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hahaha yup... or Porsche tranny with pdk technology and Porsche cf steering wheel.

Dnguyen92

-JcWidow, I don't think i can drive Manual in the city. San Francisco have tremendous amount of hills, steep to low. It will not worth the swap... I like to keep it AT for now.
-Hendo, hahaha cool!
-civicvirtual, I tried sanding, and polished, but it's so badly oxidated, even the inside of the lens is yellowed up.
bigboy106, Yea, all those are great idea, but I drive this girl every day, and I can't afford to not garage it and spend every weekend. I know everything can be possibly done, just time and resource is holding me back. I'm probably stick with a basic stuff with a tiny horse power upgrade, then work on the cosmetic like lip kits and cf oem style spoiler. Wheels, iono... they are so expensive... so i'll think about that later on.

Sorry every, been busy with the family so barely time to mess with online.
haha dude I love driving stick in the city. It's so much fun! Especially with all the annoying jay walkers you can just rev at their ass.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
At this time, I need to bring my car to my buddy to check on my shock bushings and other bushings. My car been sqeaking when i hit a bump a lot lately. It's kind of embarassing when I have guess in the car. And I need to check on the exhaust leak leak too. They say my catalyc might be out, since the car is from 96. Things start to Get old and squeaking, its annoying me, don't really know how to start fixing beside the shock bushings.

emerican

Registered VIP
If you do end up needing a cat try and find a used oem one if you have to pass emmsions. I say used cause new they are expensive.
If no emmisioms just go aftermarket cat or a test pipe.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cali... always emission :( I don't blame them for taking care the environment, It keeps our earth a bit better. I talk to my mechanic about it and see...