Votes: 12 26.1%
  • fuse box tuck

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You commented on mine so I figured Id click your link...nice job dericing its coming along nice...not sure how i feel about the headliner persay, but other than that car looks great. good job

cvnig89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its coming along nice work

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So yeah havent done much work to my car but long story short ive been gettin alot of free time lately. Finally got a big jump on the conversion in my car to all power features. Got the power locks in and waitin to get another window motor and the door controls to finish it all. On another note i got a good bit of tools from the flea market and for my birthday!

all of this is either craftsman or better. :D

both these for $14 at the flea market!

proto punch, craftsman screwdriver and craftsman pliers $5 already got the screwdriver replaced!

and these two for $3 craftsman also ;)

now that ive shown off my toys heres some things ive been workin on

the old nastiness in my car

had a "newer" set of control arms and put the new bushings in them

def alot beefier than stock. they just squeak alot when first put in....

easiest way to bolt it back up is to jack it up

done! much cleaner and way nicer

when gettin new exhaust the choice is to always replace the cat too. well imo the only cat to buy is this megan racing one. the thing is built like a tank and way quieter than them ebay ones.

power locks installed. if you dont know dx models have no power features soo im installin all of em myself. so first is these locks and then for the windows. the only hard part is puttin in the floor harness. but now that thats done its all fairly easy. the door handles are simple to take off but kinda tricky the first time puttin back on cause of the pin in em :x

Enjoy! and soon to come will be the finished trunk and finished power conversion!

Ubajowa

Fantastic build, subscribed. Keep up the awesome work and keep us updated

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol that screw driver has seen better days

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol that screw driver has seen better days
hahaha so true. i took it to sears and the guy at the desk kinda stared at it and then said "wow um you def need another screw driver" My friends dad decided to use a snap on screw driver as a punch even though the screwdriver clearly states "this is not a punch or a pry bar" and he got his screw driver lookin somethin like that. lol

yeah so i just got my computer back after the hard drives had been wiped. a stupid fb video gave my computer spyware and other s**t that f**ked my computer royally. so theres been a few updates during the time that i havent had my computer and here they are :D

finally got around to cleanin up my headlights. this was a quick 10 min job and soon im gonna sand them down better and then use a buffer at the end. but for 16 bucks i cant ask for a better result

wink mirror!

and kinda complete trunk layout

just a shot at the goodness up in my trunk. lol

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice progress bro, there's a meet this saturday @ panera by northlake, I'll text you about it if you're interested or send Scratch (sick yellow mazda) a pm.....

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha thanks. i just cant wait till im done with it all. and i cant wait to get me another amp

Is it hard to do that battery relocate stuff....
yes and no. its easy to relocate the battery but no its not easy to relocate the fuse box. you have to remove the heater core to remover the harness to the fuse box which is fairly simple if you know alot about civics but if the most youve done on a civic is change the brakes and change the fluids id look up the manual and start early in the morning on everything.

nice progress bro, there's a meet this saturday @ panera by northlake, I'll text you about it if you're interested or send Scratch (sick yellow mazda) a pm.....
shoot what time is it??? i might be workin but im so up for it if its at like 9 or 10

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So last friday my engine blew up. literally. one of the rods exploded and i still havent figured out why cause it wasnt low on oil and thats the only reason i could come up with. bought a d16y8 the next day for 150 bucks and ive been workin on that ever since. got it fully assembled and hopefully by mon morning ill have my car up and running with an even better engine! on to the pics of dissasembling!

If your wondering whats wrong in this picture look at where piston 4 is

yep. anyone want a 3 cyl engine with custom crank vents? :lol:

easiest way imo to take a motor out of a honda is through the bottom. this engine balancer helped lower the engine without just dropping it

Motor out!

yeah lots of metal all over the place and in the oil pan. Spare parts for this y7 will be listed soon =)

joseanspot

hey bro i have a question about the power locks.windows mirrors and dooors where they complicated to install from scratch? because does are my plans for it.. Oh and whats up with your engine keep us posted... And good job Bro you a beast lol..

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Putting power features in the doors isnt hard at all. reinstalling the door handle can be a b***h but with some "persuasion" it dont take too long :lol: Youll need the ex harnesses and ex floor harness to make your life a whole lot easier. i aint done all the power conversions but ive done all the wiring.

Finnally got my lazy ass outside and shot some pics of the work ive done over the last few months to the silver bullet. got a new engine in in august and just now remembered i aint posted in a while :lol: Enjoy!!

CD player relocation! only bad thing about it is when i got a drink i cant change the station without the remote :x

Gauge cluster kinda complete. gunmetal bezel and glo gauge faceplates. got the vtec light workin too!! :P

center piece painted gunmetal too

the beast lives again!!! D16Y8 runnin and wired up correctly. wayy better than the old D16y7

polished arospeed strut bar. 15 bucks at beaver honda!!

painted stock y8 exhaust manifold. thing was so freakin rusty i just threw some high temp paint on it

lift kit!! :lol:

how bout them 17's :oops:

once this engine is fully rebuilt just picture this car bout 3 in lower :cool:

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking good man! not feelin the wheels, but the conversions and tucks are great!

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hahaha thanks. i got these rims when i was 16 and just now repainted em since my other two sets are either bald or right at the wear line. hopin to get my eagles back on by spring!! the rims dont look as bad as when they were silver :P

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good work man. So I am thinking that motor is not staying? Sorry didn't read.