New guy with an EJ8

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are you sticking with the D or are you going to swap it out?

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP

Allstartwincam

A b20z with a b16 LSD trans and 8.8 lbs flywheel, act extreme pressure plate and 4 puck unsprung clutch would be a little pep

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Little update.....

Gotta love getting packages from the guys at GC....

Along with some Ingalls adjustable upper control arms.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Just picked these up yesterday.....finally found a set for cheap!

Not going on the car just yet....going to be powdercoating them a different color. Stay tuned!

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Well little update......got the GC tophats in....and man do they make a difference. The car feel sooooo comfortable not riding on the rear bumpstops anymore.

Didn't get my Ingall's UCAs in though, because right before install, I realized that they had sent me 2 right side arms.....so that had to be put off.

And recently my stock speakers took a crap, so I decided it was time to redo the whole system. I listen to a lot of metal and hard rock, so I didn't get a sub on the recommendation of my brother's friend, who's a big audiophile. I will say though, for just speakers, this setup sure can bump pretty good.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In for full update! Speakers look good too

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Update time:

Finally got my Ingalls UCAs on. I had an issue with being shipped two right balljoints for the UCAs. Called up Ingalls and they sent me a left balljoint for free, and let me keep the extra right one. Great customer service! Got another alignment, and had the camber set to -1 degrees all around. The wheels fit so much nicer without all the crazy camber.

In Feb, Cali actually had a weeklong stretch of rain......which lead to my area having a small bit of flooding, which in turn lead to me not seeing a 6in deep puddle........goodbye Si lip. I had previously repaired it, but the force of the impact pretty much broke everything I fixed. I decided it wasn't worth the time to fix again, and sold it to my friend. So I'm rolling around lip-less for now.

For some time, I had wanted to step up my wheel game.....but I had a very specific wheel in mind. One day, as my brother was searching for Accord parts he happened on these. For the price I couldn't pass them up. 16x7 +42 5Zigen FN01R-Cs with all 4 center caps, and decent tires. Scored them for $350!

I sold the tires on the 5Zigens and put the money towards getting them powdercoated. I found a local powdercoater, who does a excellent job at a very fair price. When I picked my wheels up, I found out they actually do all the powdercoating for Varrstoen Wheels.

I ended up going with gloss white, since I'm a sucker for white on black. Yes, white wheels are a pain to clean, but at least with this coat I can just wide them down no problem. Also got some red Rays valve stems to match the lug nuts, and since I didn't want normal rubber ones. I'm still working on the center caps.....might be doing something a bit unique with them.

And as it turned out....in dismounting the tires from the Rotas, I found out one wheel had not 1, but 2 cracks :eek:
I never knew one wheel was cracked though, since the cracks never expanded to the point where the tire bead was.

Some up to date shots of the car......raised the car a bit prior to alignment, its a lot more driveable now.....and more comfortable.

And with my brother's Accord.....

As of right now, I'm just enjoying driving it. My only future mods will be a brand new OEM FBP Si lip from Honda, and probably an ASR rear subframe brace paired with a 24mm sway bar. Although, since my brake pads are are getting low, and my rotors are getting towards the end of their life, I think I may also upgrade to an ITR front caliper setup. And if I happen on either an OEM Si grill or OEM Si rear lip, I may just jump on those. But for now, just enjoying the car and how it drives is the main goal.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rotas ftl.

Sucks about the knocking, are you in a position to start that h2b swap?

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Well that sucks, looks like its swap time.
Rotas ftl.

Sucks about the knocking, are you in a position to start that h2b swap?
Yep.....glad I moved on from the Rotas.

I actually found a full B16A2 out of a '00 Si from a shop local to me (engine has all the paperwork, plus it comes with a 1-year warranty).....I'm going to look at it this week. It pretty much comes with everything I need....motor, transmission, axles, shift linkage, harness, mounts, T braket, ECU. I kind of like that, because it would be pretty easy to BAR down the road (I don't have to Smog until next June which is good). I really don't need a ton of power....I'm just looking for something reliable since I'll be DD'ing the car for the foreseeable future. I'd most likely replace most of the gaskets, the timing belt, and some other little things, just so I can get the car back on the road as soon as possible.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Well, so that B16A2 sold like literally an hour before I left to pick it up. Kinda bummed. Oh well. Ended up getting this gem instead......I was really lucky to find this. D16Y8 completely rebuilt.....all of the seals and gaskets were replaced, both the head and black were decked, along with the exterior bead blasted. Cylinders were honed, and the seals replaced. Pretty much a brand new engine. Comes with a warranty, and got it at a pretty good price.

Will get the old engine out on Monday, clean and de-grease the engine bay, and should have everything all back and running by Wednesday at the latest =)