Post your turbo setup

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the cage is a safety thing, thats why we're kinda slacking this year.....dont wanna have to do the 25.5 cage.
Oh i know its a safety thing, that car is scary quick. Its only 800hp but its still quick as hell. Well it was 800 before his new parts and straight piped exhaust. He is aiming for 1000hp mark now. Sounds like a freaken jet when it idles now. Lol we took this way off topic, well i did

EBAY DA

A few good setups on here!

Anyone running a PTE BB 6265?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how long have you been running that setup??

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thts enough to make me want to buy an ebay kit lol and running a year on it.

z6_ftw

pimp fo sho
5+ Year Member
thts enough to make me want to buy an ebay kit lol and running a year on it.
They eBay kit worked out great. Just had to modify the down pipe and ic pipping a bit. As long as u can weld or know someone who can you will be good

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
their exhaust manifolds and turbos just seem to have a lot of problems. I only hear bad about them, but with a few stories that they worked out fine

z6_ftw

pimp fo sho
5+ Year Member
I won't buy a eBay kit for a track car, but mine is decent for the streets. The turbos are known for only lasting for about 5k miles, but mine has lasted.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I won't buy a eBay kit for a track car, but mine is decent for the streets. The turbos are known for only lasting for about 5k miles, but mine has lasted.
ive heard that the reason why most ebay turbos don't last is because most don't use an oil restrictor are you usng one?

i know its not built for the track but have you brought it there for fun anyways? whats your times?

z6_ftw

pimp fo sho
5+ Year Member
ive heard that the reason why most ebay turbos don't last is because most don't use an oil restrictor are you usng one?

i know its not built for the track but have you brought it there for fun anyways? whats your times?
I took out the restrictor it came with and drilled out the feed plate to open the hole up a bit. No problems here lol
But no track times yet, I will be hitting the track this spring. Im super curious what it will put down. Goal: low 12s or high 11s

EBAY DA

I have never ran a Ebay kit but honestly, if your only going to run like 200-275, i'd say go for it. It gives you a good platform to start from.

Jusy my .02

doubledeck

94 civic. With gsr b18c. Garret .63 on 6 lbs. 9.3 second 1/8th mile on street tires spinning. Trying to figure out how to post pics

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn man you need some traction! whats your 1/4 time?

idrinkv8

psi..its like crack..
1994 Civic EG Hatchback

Drivetrain:
-LS Transmission
-Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings
-Clutchmasters FX500 Stage 5 Clutch

Engine and Performance:
-B18B1 with replacement sleeves
-8.9:1 Comp Wiseco Pistons
-Eagle H Beam Rods
-Stock Crankshaft <-- i know what you're thinking..
-ACL Race Bearings
-ARP Headstuds
-KMS Blockguard
-Moroso Oil Pan
-Custom Dual Breather Catch Can
-OBX Ramhorn Manifold
-Tial 38mm Wastegate
-2.5" Intercooler Piping
-Blox 67mm Throttle Body
-VENOM Intake Manifold
-Greddy Type S BOV
-GT3582r T3/T4 Turbo
-Custom Dumptube
-Full Turbo Back 3" Custom Exhaust
-Nitrous Express Intercooler Fogger Kit

The car is currently in the shop. New add on's consist of Crower cams/camshafts, new JE pistons with new Eagle rods(had a wrist pin issue with piston 1, so all new across the board), having all of the rotating assembly balanced as well, and last when i get the chance have a new tune in place. I was thinking about going with a Vtec head swap, but I decided to go with this route.

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
very clean set-up. i like. And i think you are gonna be happier, i just did my convertion and it was a effin headache. not to mention too much $