racing techniques

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
After my last thread, just got me wondering what other techniques you guys(and gals) use when you're on the track. I mean obviosuly you've got your doubl clutching and the left foot braking and heel/toe stuff. Any other stuff you peeps use?

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what kind of racing ..auto x, drag?

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Both actually. I don't do much drag, i don't find it to be as fun or exhilarating as say a road course. Gotta have the turns!! And not just left turns like nascar...Anyone can drive around in a circle

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
diferent styles have different strategys.

I respect nascar drivers because it actually does take skill to drive those cars .

what are you having problems with?
i might be able to help you.

have you been to the 1/4 or road racing yet ?

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only problem i'm having is with heel/toe. I'm just looking for tips and other methods to add to my repertoire

haven't been to a track yet. I don't think there is one around here actually, or near mei shoudl say

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
only problem i'm having is with heel/toe. I'm just looking for tips and other methods to add to my repertoire

haven't been to a track yet. I don't think there is one around here actually, or near mei shoudl say

what kind of shoes do you wear?
i know it sounds stupid but i wear chucks when i have to use heel toe...which isnt very often.

have you heard of floating gears?

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
for drag i just try to nail a bomb ass hole shot, and pop the clutch hard when you shift, and dont over rev the motor. people tell me i got some tight driveing skills.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
racing_kid_05 said:
i know it sounds stupid but i wear chucks when i have to use heel toe...which isnt very often.

i wear eS's, size 12...

never heard of floating gears....what is?

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uh... remember.. learn how to walk before you run... apparently there are alot of noobies that try to race before they can really drive haha

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh i can drive. no worries there. I actually used to rally drive a little before the club folded. I was the navigator at first before moving into the driving role, but was still very much in the learning process there.

I'm just looking for the more advanced techniques now

I really want to get on a track and have a go at it with someone experienced, just so i see where i stand. i think i can hold my own. might not win due to being mostly stock, but at i think i can at least be respectable

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
racing_kid_05 said:

By floating gears do you mean power shifting (shifting without the clutch)? I tried that, car wouldn't let me

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
After my last thread, just got me wondering what other techniques you guys(and gals) use when you're on the track. I mean obviosuly you've got your doubl clutching and the left foot braking and heel/toe stuff. Any other stuff you peeps use?
Why are you double clutching?

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Smoother shifting, easier on the syncros and the clutch

car seems to respond way better when i do it, then when i don't

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
uh... remember.. learn how to walk before you run... apparently there are alot of noobies that try to race before they can really drive haha
I know how to drive motherfucker. god. you think I am retarded????

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
Smoother shifting, easier on the syncros and the clutch

car seems to respond way better when i do it, then when i don't
I've never seen the need. As far as I know its really only used on older cars. But if its working for you more power to ya.

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rexxxgirl said:
I know how to drive motherfucker. god. you think I am retarded????
Settle down guys. keep it civil

VigLink badge