RIP Shane Alvarez (EM1_Project)

Mini Prime

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to talk to him on this forum a few times... when I saw the report on the news i was like dam that sux but when i figured out it was em1 from cc that hit kinda hard he was a cool cat

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
When did I say he didn't hit the Enduro? And I never said Shane wasn't at least partically to blame, but I don't think it should be put soley on his shoulders either.

The girl had nothing to do with the cause of the accident (not from the stories at least, though I supposed she could have possibly distracted Shane). So the girl was the most innocent of anyone from what we can tell. There is no reason to think she caused any part of it. The Enduro did belong to her parents, so maybe she had somethign to do with the idea to get it off the property. That's the most she could have ever had to do with causing anything though as far as I can think of.

Shane was speeding. At least everything in the story (the evidence) points to that. Shane might have also been playing road games of some sort with the Enduro. I didn't see any skidmarks to indicate that the bikes hit, though the stories say they hit. The only pics I saw besides of people were the two of Shane's bike. The only thing I could tell from those pics alone were that the bike got dropped.

Ryan, on the Enduro, was also speeding judging by the story. The two bikes were probably riding together. The problem with this bike is that it had no lights. So say the two bikes were playing on the road and speeding. The Enduro somehow ends up in front and slams on his brakes for whatever reason. Shane's behind him on the Suzuki. He's speeding too and sees no brake lights. He probably didn't notice Ryan had slowed until it was too late. So they collide, Ryan's Enduro slams into a mailbox and Ryan is thrown 35 feet. The Suzuki crashes to the ground and Kassadi and Shane slide with it.

I never once said Shane wasn't at fault, but I didn't think it was an appropriate article given the audience and the intention of this thread. There were other articles that didn't focus so much on the girl (sorry... thread's about Shane) and that didn't brand Shane as the only cause.
you're not reading the article for what it is.. it's not BLAMING Shane, it's stating the cause of the accident.

There were many contributing factors.. but bottom line the cause of the accident was the suzuki hitting the honda.

same as when you and Jason were rear ended in your mom's car. If the PT had a taillight that was out, it would be a contributing factor but definitely not the CAUSE

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
RICDOGG said:
you're not reading the article for what it is.. it's not BLAMING Shane, it's stating the cause of the accident.

There were many contributing factors.. but bottom line the cause of the accident was the suzuki hitting the honda.

same as when you and Jason were rear ended in your mom's car. If the PT had a taillight that was out, it would be a contributing factor but definitely not the CAUSE
But still not appropriate for this thread.

Btw, if someone's only watching one of the up to three brake lights on a car, not to mention the brake lights on the cars all around it and the stop light ahead, then there's a problem. Where we got hit (right in front of Dover Commons in front of the Dover Mall in case any DE people want to know) is incredibly well lit and we were in the far lane of a three lane road with all traffic stopped at a stop light. He hit us approximately twenty seconds after we stopped (after going through another light very close to it, which is usually red when the other light is red)..

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn this is such a shame... knew shane on the site for a long time... he will definatly be missed

RIP Shane

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn first time I log in, in a long time to find this

damn, i'm completely speechless

R.I.P Shane

Kingjames83

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok
I am new to CC and I was just randomly looking around and came across this thread. I was thinking about getting a bike as soon as the summer came. My opinion on that has changed for sure. I read his friends posts on my space and it made me realize what I have.... it sucks that something like this has to happen to make others realize obvious stuff. Hopefully others realize things because thats about the only positive from s**t like this. He seemed like a cool guy for sure and it made me choke a bit reading all the positive things about him and the others. No longer am I getting a bike cause I know I'm a dumbass! I guess I could say thanks for the eye opener!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just looked for new articles and now they're saying all three had alcohol in their systems. All were also underage. The legal limit in FL is 0.08. So the articles are focusing a lot on that.

Shane's BAC was 0.074%
Kassadi's BAC was 0.064%
Ryan's BAC was 0.11%

Apparently they're looking for who gave them alcohol. They were investigating Kassadi's stepdad (the same guy who owned the Enduro Ryan was on) possibly. Whoever they find it to be could end up facing charges ranging from hosting an open house party to manslaughter.

Also, the articles mentioned that approximately 2,000 people showed up for the funeral for them all.

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Rip to all three of them... my girlfriend lives and Florida and knew all of them and was good friends with the girl... really sad to hear... It sucks that one dumb decision can end it all... RIP

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kingjames83 said:
ok
I am new to CC and I was just randomly looking around and came across this thread. I was thinking about getting a bike as soon as the summer came. My opinion on that has changed for sure. I read his friends posts on my space and it made me realize what I have.... it sucks that something like this has to happen to make others realize obvious stuff. Hopefully others realize things because thats about the only positive from s**t like this. He seemed like a cool guy for sure and it made me choke a bit reading all the positive things about him and the others. No longer am I getting a bike cause I know I'm a dumbass! I guess I could say thanks for the eye opener!
x2...:(

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"Youll eventually lose someone you love, So take too many pictures & laugh too much because every 60 seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness youll never get back. Dont be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin-Shane Alvarez"

:word: RIP Shane.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
radarblips said:
"Youll eventually lose someone you love, So take too many pictures & laugh too much because every 60 seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness youll never get back. Dont be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin-Shane Alvarez"

:word: RIP Shane.
good quote

Dan1220

I HaVe a CaR!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I doubt any of you remember me, I havent been on here in a real long time...I used to talk to this kid alot, and to get on here and see this really is sad. I dont even know what to say...

RIP Shane

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ah... shane... hope you're doing good with your EM1 up there in the clouds bro :(

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn son, I used to bullshit with him about his EM1 being so low. sigh... RIP bro :(

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
RIP Shane. I was looking at a set of Konig Heliums and remembered you. I will never forget the conversations we had on this forum and on AIM about useless car stuff.