SCHMIDTY's 95 Civic

SCHMIDTY

Hey guys, so I just bought this 95 civic a couple days ago. I'm not too familiar with civics, or any Honda for that matter so any help or suggestions you can give me will work.

Mods:
18" RH rims
Unknown body kit
Auto-standard swap
No name CAI
Ceramic headers
Dual cat-back exhaust
Drilled slotted rotors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

McLACHLAN

Such a nice car! I think some tint would look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCHMIDTY

Powder coated rims blue

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the body kit you have one is called the Black Widow kit

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not a huge fan of the kit, but if the fitment is good and you like it, rock that s**t. Tint seems like a must, and a drop. Dual exhaust on car like these is more bad than good, but again, it's preference. It's a clean car, nice grab.

SCHMIDTY

Not a huge fan of the kit, but if the fitment is good and you like it, rock that s**t. Tint seems like a must, and a drop. Dual exhaust on car like these is more bad than good, but again, it's preference. It's a clean car, nice grab.
Ya like I said, I'm new to the civic scene. Idk how I feel about the kit either. The fitment is actually really good. I was kinda wondering if they make like a full lip kit for my car or anything like that? And also what do you mean by the dual exhaust is more bad than good? I'm not doubting you just wondering cause I don't know haha. Thanks guys!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
god those rims are worth big bucks, or they were before you powder coated them. they do belong on a 350z however.

SCHMIDTY

god those rims are worth big bucks, or they were before you powder coated them. they do belong on a 350z however.
Ya but I don't plan on selling them so I put my own touch on them...the guy before paid 1800 for them abd brand new tires

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honestly (its gonna sound rude) i think you ruined them. whats your future mod list for this car? $1800 for the rims makes them worth more than a standard 95 civic these days doesnt it? you got hooked up on the rims my dude.

SCHMIDTY

I understand that. Nah that doesn't sound rude. I wouldn't have coated them if the were brand new tho. I think he said he bought them in like 07 so they are like 6 years old. Plus I already know a guy who said he would give me 1000 for them if I decide to get rid of them. I know a lot of people are gonna think I messed up on this one but I figured I'd go ahead.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey man, I'm all about respect for people's flavor and what they like. I'm all about putting the work into the car, I just may not always like the final product personally.

As far as a lip kit, yea, you can get stock bumpers and run different lips.
Rims, I'm usually an OEM rim fan, like LS Mesh would look nice on this, or SI's. A lot of people will get Rota's or something. Civics really only look good on 15" or 16" imho.

As far as the exhaust, the small diameter exhaust on the car is pretty well matched for accelerating. When you have more air going out, it's just going to hurt the amount of power it can make.

SCHMIDTY

Hey man, I'm all about respect for people's flavor and what they like. I'm all about putting the work into the car, I just may not always like the final product personally.

Rims, I'm usually an OEM rim fan, like LS Mesh would look nice on this, or SI's. A lot of people will get Rota's or something. Civics really only look good on 15" or 16" imho.

As far as the exhaust, the small diameter exhaust on the car is pretty well matched for accelerating. When you have more air going out, it's just going to hurt the amount of power it can make.
Ok man thanks for the advice. I do plan on keeping the wheels tho. Don't know about the kit yet.

SCHMIDTY

Ok man thanks

SCHMIDTY

And I'll have to figure something out with the exhaust.

SCHMIDTY

So first off what engine is in my car? And is this worth it?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
d15 non vtec in yours factory, that motor is junk i would not touch it. too much missing/already decided for you/probably shitty work/seems sketch

SCHMIDTY

Ok..I think the previous owner swapped a vtec head into my car? Does this make a difference on anything? Performance wise

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it makes things annoying lol. you get some benefits, the swap you are talking about is called a "mini-me" you can search term that and read all about it. most people swap a DOHC motor into their car, some keep a D series motor and boost it.