What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

jackdog1

My poor ej was parked on my street and got side-swiped this morning. The hyundai-driving college student that hit it claims she was reaching for her coffee and didn't see it
2016-04-12 09.36.13.jpg
The frame doesn't appear to be bent but the bumper, side panel, taillight, tire, and both rear hubcaps were damaged, the side of the car was scratched, and the sideview mirror launched about 15ft away (she was going way faster than 25mph).

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Working from home today. Have a guy coming to repair 3 cracks in the foundation for $440 total. Doing it so I can waterproof the basement before I finish it for a little added insurance that it shouldn't leak.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking at gym memberships

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jackdog1

My poor '97 Civic EX Coupe got totaled, so I replaced it with an '01 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe

Now my parents are jealous because I have a nicer car than they do ('04 Civic LX Sedan)

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My poor '97 Civic EX Coupe got totaled, so I replaced it with an '01 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe

Now my parents are jealous because I have a nicer car than they do ('04 Civic LX Sedan)
Really, it ended up being totaled? That sucks man. Damage didn't look that bad from the picture.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Just another day of working from home (everyday). Just about ready to leave and go fishing when a storm decided to roll through and just start pissing away my afternoon. IMG_2045.jpg

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Insurance actually valued my car at $2400, but between the hard-to-find-without-rust quarter panel, the bent under-frame bar, smashed taillight, blown tire, and smashed mirror, total repair cost came to about $3000.
If it was paid for just take the check from the insurance company and fix that s**t yourself.

jackdog1

If it was paid for just take the check from the insurance company and fix that s**t yourself.
I thought about it, but I don't have welding equipment (I'd rather not just hammer out the panel) or the time it would take to repair it all. Besides, for not much extra I was able to buy a really nice used accord.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reorginizing my fishing tackle, respooled a few rods. All while playing several poker tournaments online ClubWPT and watching movies.

jackdog1

Did the first DIY repair on my new accord; who ever thought using plastic ball joints in sway bar links was a good idea? At least I don't hear a "clunk" noise when I turn left anymore.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Tom Brady got re-suspended hahahahahahaha
honestly man I think this shits just the NFL bringing the spotlight back to them now that the draft is over with. Im not a Pats fan but after seeing this I hope Brady comes back and owns the season and wins the SB. He always plays angry when s**t like this happens.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
honestly man I think this shits just the NFL bringing the spotlight back to them now that the draft is over with. Im not a Pats fan but after seeing this I hope Brady comes back and owns the season and wins the SB. He always plays angry when s**t like this happens.
The draft hasn't happened yet.. it's this Thursday! I don't think the NFL did it this time, though... they can't really tell a US Federal Appeals Court when to make their ruling.

And please, no SB! At least not for New England. I wouldn't mind Brady being on another team and winning. I'm from New England, where if you aren't a Patriots fan, you strongly dislike them. There is no middle ground lol. Not to mention more than half of my friends are Pats fans, so this s**t literally covers my facebook wall :lol:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The draft hasn't happened yet.. it's this Thursday! I don't think the NFL did it this time, though... they can't really tell a US Federal Appeals Court when to make their ruling.

And please, no SB! At least not for New England. I wouldn't mind Brady being on another team and winning. I'm from New England, where if you aren't a Patriots fan, you strongly dislike them. There is no middle ground lol. Not to mention more than half of my friends are Pats fans, so this s**t literally covers my facebook wall :lol:
Ya I meant to say now that the draft isn't over with. NFL just wants some limelight. Totally misleading comment.

I am farthest from being a Pats fan as well. But this s**t is f**king stupid.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got home at about 7am, drove straight through from Tennessee
Had a blast this weekend up on the touge, looking forward to the next event

Did one last run through the Dragon yesterday before heading out
Stopped in Pigeon Forge, then on to Gatlinburg for lunch and walked around for an hour or two
Then it was some more backwoods driving over to I40, I26, and I95 home