XBOX 360 vs PS3

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had the first batch of 360's that come out, and i never had a problem with mine, i dunno what the rest of you guys are doin with yout 360's but gd, i think its all according to where u put them, if its dusty as f**k, or on carpet, or in a bookshelf all closed up then yah, its gonna overheat and f**k it up, dont be a dummy, stand it up, and let the damn thing get some air, worked for me for like 3 years 0 problems

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does Xbox controllers have Vbration? thats one of my favorites from Playstation

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it may be genius.... but i bet it will be nothing less than expensive! probably twice the amount of the lowend xbox...

just think about the rest of thier products... yea the ipods are affordableish... but to buy one of thier computers... is a serious investment compared to a PC.
I have 3 apple computers at home. I don't feel like I've invested any more than I did when I had bought my final PC about 6 years ago. It's all a matter of preference honestly.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would love to own an apple computer... but cannot afford one.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this is my fear... i am so used to PS3... or PS2 controls... that i am going to be crap on the xbox for a little while.

like... i have never been good at any shooter games on console... NEVER. with the exception of GTA

but now im moving to Xbox.. and starting with a shooter.. so.. hopefully i will get the hang of it quick.
I hear you. On the original xbox I would try to play Halo and I was the guy aiming at the sky and spining in circles. Needless to say I got used to it after I got my 360 and started playing more shooters.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol Dreamcast was amazing, it was crazy ahead of everything else, graphics matched the xbox, even the controllers did haha but tdam they were made like crap, They werent made to last AT ALL

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I agree, dreamcast was the s**t, crazy taxi anyone?

The graphics were just as good as regular xbox.. I do still believe that PS3 holds the trophy for graphics, though.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree, dreamcast was the s**t, crazy taxi anyone?

The graphics were just as good as regular xbox.. I do still believe that PS3 holds the trophy for graphics, though.
crazy taxi = WIN

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I personally thought dreamcast was a fairly shitty system as far as game support went. I still have mine, but I haven't gone back to play it since it was discontinued. There were a few great games... and it was obviously a revolutionary system for its time, but there just weren't enough great games.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i just found out that i need a damn cd for the ps3 in order to play my netfilix in the ps3 how f**king gay is that. the xbox doesn't need no damn cd to watch movies on their console. i'm talking about the "instant watch" here

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
they both have their pros & cons.. but basically it comes down to the Exclusives..
If you like Halo, Forza.. get the Xbox 360
if you like Gran Turismo, etc.. get the PS3

I really like that the PS3 controllers don't require batteries.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they both have their pros & cons.. but basically it comes down to the Exclusives..
If you like Halo, Forza.. get the Xbox 360
if you like Gran Turismo, etc.. get the PS3

I really like that the PS3 controllers don't require batteries.
I see this as a flaw... I have rechargeable batteries for my xbox that could have easily been used for the PS3

Now if I want to use my PS3 controllers, they have to be charged at the station, while it's turned on.. and if I want more than one controller to charge at a time, I need to buy additional charging cord things. Not to mention the charging cords are short as hell.. You have to be like 2 feet away from the system in order to use them while playing. It's a large inconvenience for me.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just found out that i need a damn cd for the ps3 in order to play my netfilix in the ps3 how f**king gay is that. the xbox doesn't need no damn cd to watch movies on their console. i'm talking about the "instant watch" here
yeah that blows,

Ok if worse comes to worse I'm not 100% i'll buy another xbox, i do like it but if they don't stand behind their product and fix me this week i'm not dropping another $300 to them......

RROD 3yrs 3 months into it 3 months too late...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah that blows,

Ok if worse comes to worse I'm not 100% i'll buy another xbox, i do like it but if they don't stand behind their product and fix me this week i'm not dropping another $300 to them......

RROD 3yrs 3 months into it 3 months too late...
I'm telling you man.. hit up craigslist. You can probably get it fixed for like $25. I've heard too that xbox doesn't do something with the x clamps (I don't remember exactly what) which often contributes to later RROD problems. A lot of the local guys will fix that problem. Look into it. I got a 6 month warranty from the guy who fixed mine.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm telling you man.. hit up craigslist. You can probably get it fixed for like $25. I've heard too that xbox doesn't do something with the x clamps (I don't remember exactly what) which often contributes to later RROD problems. A lot of the local guys will fix that problem. Look into it. I got a 6 month warranty from the guy who fixed mine.
well the towel trick didn't work so there's a chance those fixes wont either. I'm not opening it up until MS agrees to do nothing for me.

Time will tell, I've watched enough youtube vids to be able to try the fix myself, the penny trick seems to be the easiest and make a good amount of sense.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well the towel trick didn't work so there's a chance those fixes wont either. I'm not opening it up until MS agrees to do nothing for me.

Time will tell, I've watched enough youtube vids to be able to try the fix myself, the penny trick seems to be the easiest and make a good amount of sense.
The issue usually lies within the soldering points on the motherboard. Exactly which soldering points are the issue is often undetectable. The guy who worked on mine placed the motherboard over a warm surface and then used a blow dryer over each individual soldering point, taking care to avoid the hardware. This method is superior to the towel trick because it does not overheat the hardware, yet it more efficiently spot heats the soldering points. Many of these guys on craigslist make a living fixing peoples xboxes and are very efficient at what they do.

Your choice obviously, just trying to give you my input on a cheap, yet quick and effective way I've found to deal with the RROD issue.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I 100% agree with Joe, if they wont take it back because of the warranty.

My buddy did it and he has no problems at all.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i can see your logic of not wanting to open it up until they agree not to do anything...

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do not let someone put a blow dryer to your mother board. that can cause problems. If you want to re solidify soldering points the best way to do that is to find someone with a professional BGA Infrared motherboard repair station. This is the only recommended repair technology by both Microsoft and Sony. Infrared technology does not apply unnecessary thermal stress on your motherboard and sensitive components like a hot air rework station will. If you want something that will be dependable don't stress out your components with hot air.