XBOX 360 vs PS3

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DUN DUN DUN

Not sure if this has ever been done, but its time to battle it out, come one, come all! Bring it on console fans, its time for a fanboy battle!

I got this idea with from my post in another thread, which can be seen below...

get a ps3........i'm not a fan of xbox...
Have you even played an xbox? I love how people say this without even playing xbox or playing it for a very short period and making their decision. More and more people make up their minds by what system they decided to buy instead of the other. It becomes a logical and mental personal theory that one is better then the other, its like, I spent my money on this one, so I don't like or the other isn't good type of deal.

So that being said, both systems have their ups and downs, and neither is better then the other. But ps3 does have blu-ray. But Xbox has the better and more exclusives. IMO
So, why do you think your system is better then the other?

Oh yea Anfrey.... none of that scientists use ps3's in place of super computer stuff, lol

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DoD just bought 2000 PS3s.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PS3 online gameplay sucks ass.
PS3's browser sucks ass.
PS3 Games loading times SUCK ASSSSSSSSS

PS3 Has bluRay player..... but thats all that it has IMO.

It does a lot of things but does none of them well.

360 has great online gameplay, 360 has forza motorsports 3 /thread? :D

BTW I have both systems, I use the PS3 for my blueray disks. and 360 for gaming.

O yeah edit#2 Xbox fails due to its constant red ringing haha

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PS3 online gameplay sucks ass.
PS3's browser sucks ass.
PS3 Games loading times SUCK ASSSSSSSSS

PS3 Has bluRay player..... but thats all that it has IMO.

It does a lot of things but does none of them well.

360 has great online gameplay, 360 has forza motorsports 3 /thread? :D

BTW I have both systems, I use the PS3 for my blueray disks. and 360 for gaming.

O yeah edit#2 Xbox fails due to its constant red ringing haha
i think many people are basing thier opinions due to the red ring failures...

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think many people are basing thier opinions due to the red ring failures...
I think so as well, but honestly... if you take care of it and you're not a retard it'll be fine.

janedoe

Live Free!
5+ Year Member
Its been said before and I'll say it again, they both have their ups and downs. I have both systems, and they are both very fun, if you know how to use them to your liking.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hate when I see people who have their xbox's sitting on the carpet...

My uncle leaves his on carpet. He has went thru about 8 xbox's. He should have just bought a nice ass stand for that money lmao

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Xbox has better online gaming capabilities, at a small fee
PS3 has free online capabilities, and can link via wifi to the internet
Its a 50/50 on the two in the online section. I can never pick between that

but I like my PS3 for its,
-Bluray
-HD upping
-graphics
-lack of RROD
-easy harddrive upgrade capabilities.
-rechargeable controllers. (without buying a battery pack)
-your login is stored on the PSN networks. Meaning I can log into any PS3 on my gamertag. From what i understood you cant do that on 360. (friend had to transfer his gamer name and s**t.

What I wish PS3 had: Forza 3

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the thing is you can with 360. Microsoft just choose to make you download all your DRM info, gamerpoints, and all your other data whenever you recover. There should be an option to choose not to do that.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've played both. I've always been a Playstation person. The controller to me is perfect, I feel the games are slightly more detailed(not much, just very slightly), all my friends have ps3's.

I absolutely hate xbox controllers, I think they're too big and bulky, plus the wireless feature for PS3's is great. I'm sure the box is upgradable. Another thing, I don't like how you'd have to buy all these extra items for the xbox when PS3 came with them. My friend has a 360 and purchased the wifi thing and the HD-DVD player.

What is nice, is how 360 charges people like $50/yr for LIVE which gives them the chance to better their online servers. I wouldn't be apposed to PS3 doing this, cause some of the game servers are just crap.

I don't feel a need to hold the RROD against 360. While it maybe Microsoft's fault, it is also the owners fault. Improper storage of the unit will cause over-heating. Even having it on the carpet, even a ps3, is just stupid.

C-M-CUM-EM1

5+ Year Member
I have both also. Love both of em to be honest. Cant say one is better than the other, they have enough pros and cons to distinguish themselves apart. Wifi is awesome, blue-ray is awesom. Xbox Live is wonderful at it's cost, the user interface is great as well. Both have a few great first party games ex. PS3: Drakes Fortune 1&2, Metal Gear Solid 4 Xbox 360: Gears of War, Forza.

As far as reliabillity goes, I would stand by the sony product over microsofts xbox. I've owned both the original xbox 360 and a recent one i bought and both have failed tremendously at working properly without needing to be fixed or replaced. I'm not a sit my ass and play for hours kinda guy either. Theyre just poorly made. It helps if you keep it off carpet, turning it sideways "supposedly" dissapates more heat to0 but inevitably they still break down..

You cant go wrong with either one. There are mulitiple ways to make online play available and plenty of great games to choose from. Hope this wasn't to indepth..GAME ON!!

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is nice, is how 360 charges people like $50/yr for LIVE which gives them the chance to better their online servers. I wouldn't be apposed to PS3 doing this, cause some of the game servers are just crap.
I read a blog about PSN going to an "optional premium" service. Not sure if its just high hopes or what... but they concluded it from some recent updates that have something in them. Then again this is all just speculation. If it happend im sure it would be optional.

cw3263

5+ Year Member
ps3 all the way, have had both, the xbox kept giving me the red ring of death even after they repaired it, so i beat the hell out of it with a hammer, xboxs fail at over a 50 percent rate, the ps3 is faster and more reliable. damn a 360

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm a 360 kinda guy myself. I just have an obscene hatred for Sony PS, PS2, and now PS3. I'm quite the opposite of Denis, the xbox controllers feel just right in my hands but the ps controllers are all too small and not quite right for me.

Wilshire001

Hey it's me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PS3 is better in my opinion. I have a PS3 and I can not imagine myself owning an XBOX 360.
Both systems are quite similar with a few differences. Its just a matter of opinion which differences you favor the most. In my opinion, I favor the PS3.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm a 360 kinda guy myself. I just have an obscene hatred for Sony PS, PS2, and now PS3. I'm quite the opposite of Denis, the xbox controllers feel just right in my hands but the ps controllers are all too small and not quite right for me.
Know what they say about guys with big hands.... :oops:

pls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ps3 is better, and have played xbox and i hate the OVER HEAT....and ps3 Wifi baby....Don't need to pay EXTRA to play online...blue ray, and can play Divx file, which i DL alot of MOVIES............

oh i like playing INITIAL D for ps3....online battle is exciting............

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol PS3 controllers give cramps from they're smallness. 360 controllers are like formed to your hand perfectly.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is nothing really special about either one of them. The ps3 has potential to be more powerful yes but what is the use in having the capability of being more powerful if most of your games run at 720 p? The graphic differences between both of the systems are so small. I mean does anyone really care if on one system you can see folds in the clothing in a still image? Isn't gaming about having fun? I like the fact that online is free with ps3 and it has wifi (even though it's only g) included. The bluray player is cool too but it's not really a high quality bluray player. The xbox has a crappy gui for the media player its restricted on how you can xfer data and has had a number of problems but you know what it can be modded fairly easily and it does a great job as a game playing device. I actually like that controller on both systems. So to me it's kind of like buying and accord and a tsx. It's so close to being the same car that in the end it doesn't really matter which on your choose because they do the same things.