Zach's [college] DD Build/Timeline

emerican

Registered VIP
its benn in the hundreds for a while here
but i live in GA so im used to it
im liking the car and the plans man your doing a good job im tuned in for pics of the coilovers installed.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmmm, so your lip has a lip. Interesting.
The car looks pretty good man. Props to you for getting in there and learning. I did the same with my civic and now can't get enough of it. I work an all my cars and help friends with theirs. We picked an expensive hobby. =)

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its benn in the hundreds for a while here
but i live in GA so im used to it
im liking the car and the plans man your doing a good job im tuned in for pics of the coilovers installed.
Thats crazy, I guess if you lived with it all the time though you'd get used to it! Usually stays around 85 here so 100's a lot for me lol. But thanks man, I'll definitely get some pics for sure

Hmmm, so your lip has a lip. Interesting.
The car looks pretty good man. Props to you for getting in there and learning. I did the same with my civic and now can't get enough of it. I work an all my cars and help friends with theirs. We picked an expensive hobby. =)
Haha,I suppose it does, I never thought of it like that. It looks kinda funny in the pic, but looks better in person I think. I put it on there because I scraped the s*** out of my lip at school in the spring and hoped this would help if it happened again

But same here man! I only have 1 friend here who likes cars like I do, but its better than nothing. At least civic parts are cheap compared to some! :thumbup:

emerican

Registered VIP
yeah ive gotten used to it and i work in kitchens in all black over grills and construction outside on the sun so the heat dont bother me anymore
and ive got alot of friends into cars only a few into civics, but my other car friends still repsect and come around when i work on mine just to learn about it.
ive had and built everything from a 5.0 to a 1990 eagle talon tsi awd, a few more projects in between and now this civic.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah ive gotten used to it and i work in kitchens in all black over grills and construction outside on the sun so the heat dont bother me anymore
and ive got alot of friends into cars only a few into civics, but my other car friends still repsect and come around when i work on mine just to learn about it.
ive had and built everything from a 5.0 to a 1990 eagle talon tsi awd, a few more projects in between and now this civic.
Crazy man, I couldn't do it! I hate being in the heat, especially all day. I'm looking to move just about anywhere after I finish school next spring, so if its warm there, I'll have to get used to it lol

Thats cool though, I wish I had more experience like you, but you gotta start somewhere though I guess.. haha What's been your favorite ride?

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
By the way, Installing the coilovers TOMORROW, any words of advice from anyone?

I've been spraying the bolts in penetrant for the past week or so, and gonna use an impact wrench as much as possible so hopefully it'll help a little.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bay wasn't a disappointment bro, im thinking of getting a 96-98 coupe and rocking the sohc, now hurry and install those coilovers!!!...:mrgreen:

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
F&F's Installed!

Use "HEAT"
I wish I would've read this prior to yesterday LOL. Thanks though!

good luck man it will look nice on the coil overs
I think so too, it looks way better now

Bay wasn't a disappointment bro, im thinking of getting a 96-98 coupe and rocking the sohc, now hurry and install those coilovers!!!...:mrgreen:
Well thanks man, but you should do it! Its not a horrible motor, just not the best at all lol. 96-98 front ends are sweet too!

But the coilovers are finally installed! Took me and my friend about all day yesterday only due to one of the bolts in the rear seizing up on us and it being about 95 out (lots of breaks). We ended up taking a reciprocating saw on the welded nut and just slicing it off... Took a while though. =)

Anyways, heres a few pics:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I'd say its around a 2.5" maybe 2.75" drop, low enough to look good for a daily, but not too low I scrape in my driveway lol. Though I am still running fender liners up front but haven't had any rubbing so far. Overall though they ride great! Just as good as stock on average road bumps and s***.

Some randoms:

The classic shot:

Rear up higher so we can cut easier

The bolt and nut we had to cut:

If we ever get a cloudy day I'll have to go and take some better pictures without such heavy shadows. It looks lower in person I think.

Last edited:

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man! I think so too, looks so much better now! Should've done it sooner lol

Not going to be too many updates for a little bit though, with the 4th and I'm going to be visiting my sister in VA next week.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey man you don't get it all done at once but I think ur car is in at a good point. Some wheels and ur straight.

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True, it takes a lot of time to build it the way you want it, but thanks again, I think its looking really good now as well. Definitely not as awkward anymore lol.

But Im definitely gonna be doing some research on what wheel size/style/fit I like. I'll probably stick with white for color though.

In other news, I need to order some new LED license plate lights sometime though. One of mine burnt out I guess.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
max them out once and then see how the car looks lol dumped on stockies looks good imo

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking good...
Thanks man

Some white slips maybe? Track r's?
Idk, maybe some slips, but Im not a big fan of track r's or anything really kinda of that style, I guess I like more aggressive spokes and whatnot lol.. if that makes sense. Gotta think though!

max them out once and then see how the car looks lol dumped on stockies looks good imo
Lol, it was REAL low when we first set it down, and when I drove it to test it and I scraped all over the place.

That was 2.5/3cm down on the threads in front. I can't even imagine what all the way slammed would be! ..has to be like on the frame haha. It did look so sick so low, but I couldn't leave my driveway without scraping and rubbing on every turn lol. The mud flaps were scraping the entire time!

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It rained hard this morning and found a leak in the trunk when I was putting the carpeting back in it.

It has to be from the top I think since I didn't drive it during the rain. I'm gonna inspect the seal on the trunk lid when its not so humid out..and also clean it.. its filthy

and a few pictures from this morning: (sorry I always park in the same spot lol)

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow man that a downer...see if u can trace the leak.... pour water on the car and follow the trail.